Kambuja Inn
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
New York Hotel(Phnom Penh)
Mito Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
Asia Palace Hotel(Phnom Penh)
Diamond Hotel(Phnom Penh)
  • Breakfast included
Asia Hotel(Phnom Penh)
  • Restaurant
The Panda Hotel(Phnom Penh)
Capitol Guesthouse(Phnom Penh)
Flamingos Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2013

I spent a peaceful night here as a retreat from everyday life of living in PP. Staff were very friendly and helpful. Room was small but well equipped. Very clean. Facilities worked well. Short walk to great eating spots, book store, cafes, shopping. A beautiful building with a number of nooks to read and relax, with leafy plants and water features.

Construction across the road made breakfast noisy (the dining area fronts onto the street).

I would stay here again.

Room Tip: I prefer a room with natural light - my room was on the ground floor with windows onto a small courtyard that could be accessed by guests and staff so I didn't feel comfortable with the windows open. Try a room on a higher level.
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 19 May 2013

small but Great place, located in small old street in the centre of the old city with lot of resturants
special for backpackers clean and helpful young staff BUT can be Noisy on te street.
rooms are big and witn AC

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 18 May 2013

I really wanted to be completely satisfied with my stay here. I loved everything about this place and the old style building. However, my partner and l barely slept at all as the air con is very noisy and the noise from the street- motorbikes etc is loud. We came to realize that if you choose an old style building that does not have double glazing and you are staying centrally in an Asian city you will hear a lot of street noise. We were on the ground floor courtyard so l do not know if there are noise issues with other floors/rooms.

Room Tip: Bare in mind noise!
  • Stayed: March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 April 2013

The staff here are the most welcoming I've encountered. They have the most genuine smiles which made my first visit to Phnom Penh magical. They are also service-oriented. The nice lady suggested I can stay in my room again (after check-out) to enjoy air conditioning before my ride to the bus terminal arrived.

Rooms are rustic. Charming interiors of the hotel add to the appeal. The rooms have tall ceilings, of which was too tall for a solo traveller like myself. There was a minor problem with a leak on the ceiling of my bathroom of which the staff was quick to suggest another room. I loved my room so much I didn't want to move to another one.

Breakfast was simple but great. I loved the fresh fruits.

Only con is that although the inn is a few steps away from the riverside and palace, dodging busy Phnom Penh traffic to get to the other side can be challenging. The staff would be happy to assist in booking a tuktuk for you.

Also, there's a tuktuk driver who offers his services to you non-stop in front of the hotel. I gave in and acquired his services for my Killing Fields tour and other transport needs within PP. He's okay. He's almost an add-on to the Kambuja Inn.

Lovely place and awesome staff. I hope they get to read how happy they made my stay.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank digiputz
Reviewed 22 March 2013

My sister and I stayed in a twin room at this hotel for 3 nights. We were delighted with the size and facilities in the room; everything worked (not always true in Cambodia!), clean, safe, cool, tea and coffee making facilities, large bathroom, pretty. The food was excellent too, particularly fresh and well presented and simply lovely. However what stood out the most was the helpful and caring service from the staff, this exceeded my expectations and quite frankly I cannot think of how they could have improved further. Without being at all bothersome they anticipated my needs and went considerably out of their way to help. For example I needed to top up my phone and they ran to a local shop to get me a phone card (and did not try to charge me any add-on fee), similarly when we wanted to book transport to Siem Reap and we weren't sure whether to fly, boat or take the road they did all the research and booking for us (with our changing requirements) and again they added nothing on. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this place or to return. It was also nice and quiet yet well located in walking distance to all the tourist attractions. It was very good value. Some of the other reviews say the beds are very firm which is true but didn't detract from a good night's sleep.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family