“A great hotel and friendly staff”
Review of City Centre Hotel

City Centre Hotel
Ranked #98 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 3 April 2014

This hotel is a good location because near the hotel have many place to go and walk such as :
- Three markets near here we just spend 5mn if we want to buy something.
- A lot of restaurants around here
- If we want to make an exercise we can go to the riverfront.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank mam_rattana

Reviewed 31 March 2014 via mobile

Just spent the one night in phnom penh so location was pretty good, although it was surrounded by 'red light' venues. Our room was awful. Though its no smoking, our room absolutely stank of cigarettes. It was horrible- somehow our clothes retained the smell just from being in the room. Very run down place, with little charm. Cant comment on breakfast as we left early in the morning and it took too long to arrive after ordering and our bus arrived. Basically, im sure you can get much better places in the area. We wanted to leave as soon as we arrived.

• Stayed: March 2014
Reviewed 22 March 2014

Rooms were small but well furbished. Hotel is in a great location within walking distance to the Palace and Museums and well rated restaurants and bars. Breakfast was decent. Staff were helpful. As expected, there are many tuk tuk drivers waiting outside hotel, just make sure to negotiate prices.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank JayQC1027
Reviewed 2 March 2014

Only a dew minutes walk from the riverfront, many bars and restaurants, and the night market.
I was first offered a room with no window which I declinedk I was then given a window room at the front which I think was in line for renovation but was fine.
The rooms are clean and reasonably well equipped; I particulary liked the high water pressure in the shower and the loads of hot water.
The staff were all very friendly and helpful; breakfast, which was fairly small but normal for this price of hotel was in the lobby which was a pleasant enough area.
Should you need to order other meals from the menu the hotel does not prepare meals on the premises but sends the order to its restaurant on the riverfront who deliver it.
The lift was a bit slow but I could not really fault this hotel at the price.
I'd probably stay here again.

Room Tip: remember to specify a room with a window should you require one as many of the rooms dont have one!
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 23 February 2014

Stayed here solo and I lost track of the dates - didn't realize it was Valentine's Day! I booked one of the basic rooms for 2 nights but they were overbooked and full up, so the staff was able to upgrade me to one of the deluxe rooms! Score!

Excellent staff and reception with 24 hour security. There are private storage lockers in the front for travelers to use. Also the comp breakfast is good - only 1 order of a certain dish plus a drink. Get the OJ, very tasty and pulpy.

I plan to stay here again in the near future. Highly recommended!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank robby321
Reviewed 9 February 2014

We are not real sure how this hotel has such a high ranking. We got in at 4:30 and was told that the room we had specifically booked was unavailable because the person staying in it had decided to stay an extra night. We then were told that the room we were getting was not yet ready even though check in is at 12:00 and it is now 4:30. The room was small with 2 single beds (we are a married couple) the window was very small and frosted out with no view and covered with spider webs. Next morning there was no breakfast even though it was included because the cook didn't show up. Later that day we were moved to another small room on the 4th floor with no widows.
The staff were friendly enough but the place was dirty and not close to the more tourist type hotels. It is within walking distance to the central market and the river. For the price, there are WAY better places to stay. I could go on on how poor things were for us but looking at other reviews on here others got better service..

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Shawn C
Reviewed 18 January 2014

I stayed at this hotel for 4 nights and found the staff always very helpful and friendly. Both my room and public facilities were clean and tidy. The location of the hotel is perfect - it's not on the main road (so it's less noisy and dusty) yet it's very close to the riverside and tourist attractions such as The Royal Palace or National Museum. There is just one tiny thing I found a bit funny - I asked the reception to post my postcards (all had stamps already) as I didn't manage to send them myself (it was a weekend) and they were quite reluctant and even asked me to pay for a taxi as they would have to send someone to the post office. ;-) I already aked other hotels to mail my postcards and they always helped (and the postcards were always delivered). :-D Nevertheless, I was very happy here and would stay here again without hesitation.

• Stayed: January 2014