“not all its cut out to be.”
Review of Noura Motel

Noura Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Noura Motel
Ranked #142 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 18 April 2011

Good and bad comments here but my experience has fallen on the bad side of them.
Staying on the 3rd floor I went down for a coffee one morning and when I returned my ipod and $1000 had "gone" missing. Taking this up with management the reply that I heard was "they are all family, you accuse them you insult me"
Well this sort of ruined my holiday and would not recommend this place to anyone at all.
So if you do go to Phnom Penh avoid this place like the plague.

Room Tip: best rooms wont be found here...
  • Stayed: April 2011, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Noura Motel

Reviewed 3 April 2011

In 2010 I volunteered in Kompong Speu at an orphanage for six months. The other volunteers and I would stay at Noura a few times a month to enjoy city life and get our shopping done. Basically, I can't recommend Noura enough. Everyone at the front desk was helpful; everyone in the restaurant was accommodating. I probably stayed in 6 different rooms total and never had an issue with any of them. A bummer that only the main areas have wifi and not the rooms themselves, but the lounge area on the 2nd floor was a quiet spot to skype most of the time.
Regarding the comments about theft: I left a large unlocked bag of Malaysian souvenirs with the management family once for a few weeks when I headed back to the countryside. When I returned, they promptly brought the bag out of the back room and nothing was ever touched. I am sad to hear others had less than ideal circumstances regarding their money and belongings, but I never felt concerned about it in my half dozens stays.
I'm looking forward to my return to the Noura in April 2011.

• Stayed: June 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank MollyAnna_D
Reviewed 28 March 2011

The girls decided this year's annual trip be somewhere new and adventurous. We went to Cambodia because we wanted to visit Angkor Wat. It was amazingly awesome! Our Stay in Phnom Penh was at Noura Motel. It was very clean with a good location. The local bars were right there! Food was accessible. and for me, the U-Care pharmacy was the next block over. We had lots of fun partying and enjoying the night life. The workers were nice and made sure us ladies were safe. They even recommended some places for us to visit. A definite nice motel to stay if you want to be the center of the capital.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank prettyflower11
Reviewed 21 February 2011

I stayed here 3 times, in 3 different rooms. We always had a positive experience. The people are all very nice and Mr. Diamond was very accommodating.

The restaurant is convenient and the food is good.

If you aren't fond of stairs, make a reservation in advance so you get on the 2d or 3d floor.

I'm looking forward to staying there again next month.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Roy68
Reviewed 20 February 2011

Stayed at Noura Hotel in January 2011, would recommend hotel, good location in tourist area, very cheap accommodation. Hotel has restaurant which is adequate, may be better to experiment outside as there are many eateries etc. Cambodia is very cheap for travellers and we visited the killing fields site and S21 museum where the people were detained and tortured. About 5 days is long enough in Phnom Penh, then head off elsewhere.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank travellinglegend
Reviewed 26 January 2011

good location being close to palace and museum,also near to river front area which has lots of small bars and restaurants,free pick up service on arrival which makes life easy.rooms are very high quality for price,no breakfast is included but you can buy from hotel or go to nearby seafront restaurants and buy a belly buster breakfast for about 3-4 dollars.plenty of cheap tuk tuks about who will take you to killing field sites/prison etc.
we took speed boat from siem reap which cost aout 35 dollars,and took 6 hours,great for seeing life around and along the lake,(and sun bathing)..
If you take fight from phnom penh you have to pay $25 on departure at airport.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled with friends
2  Thank IPMStocktonOnTees
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I am pleasantly surprised how my trip went. As soon as I approached the motel, people came out/greeted us. The staff were always friendly and made me feel welcomed. Their cheerful faces with laughing smiles brighten my mornings as I enjoyed coffee with various pastries such as donuts, bagles, sandwiches, etc. They tried very hard to communicate with me and with no hestitation catered to my needs. I thoroughly enjoyed my Cambodian vacation. I am typically picky with bathrooms, but Noura's was clean and well kept. The rooms are spacious and has a great view of the King's Palace, the Fine Arts Museum, and the Tonle Sap. It is a great location for art lovers as I strolled through the many shops that sold paintings, wood carvings, and knickknacks.

Noura also has a variety of westernized foods as well as local Cambodian food to try. It is very clean.

I also love the free WIFI as that I can check fb or read up on new adventures to try out. What is also convienient is that there are multiple ticket booths (on the right side and facing) that sells bus tickets, etc. to all tourist locations. It is easy to assess and just enjoy your time here.

I highly recommend people to stay here. The staff are curtese and friendly, the location rocks a great view, the food is tasty, and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple