“PLEASE HEED ROBBERY WARNINGS AND DO NO STAY HERE”
Review of Noura Motel

Noura Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Noura Motel
Ranked #142 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I was robbed of all my money from my room while i was at the Killing Fields. Please ignore any good review you read. My trip to Cambodia was ruined, I had to phone home for cash, they took my budget for a month (unfortunately I got too much cash out at the ATM and then usually lock in my suitcase, the day I forgot was the day I was getting tuk tuk in a hurry, while I was at Killing Fields all my money 600 dollars was robbed, and my friends travel documentation was taken for some reason
this is not a joke, no tourist police, you cant do anything but listen helpless as the hotel manager makes excuses without looking at you in the eye. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE NEVER GO THERE

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank marydarce

Reviewed 17 April 2010

We stayed here for four nights and returned again for one night after our trip to Sihanoukville.

We got a room upon arrival - cost US$20 for a double room with AC, fan, hot water, tv with cable and a fridge. There was free WIFI but it was not available in the bedrooms.

The rooms were a really good size with good storage. The bathroom was also a good size and toiletries were provided. The room was cleaned each day.

The hotel was in a great location; it's just around the corner from Friends restaurant; the Museum is literally a one minute walk and the palace is about a two to three minute walk away. There are really good restaurants within a few minutes walk.

The staff were all very friendly and we got a big welcome when we returned for one night after coming back from Sihanoukville. You can book bus tickets and tours with reception. There is a cafe in the lobby too which serves tea, coffee, pastries and pizzas etc.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay here and would definitely stay here again.

Reviewed 10 April 2010

Hotel is ok, rooms are small but many have been recently refurbished so they are pretty functional.

Rooms:
- Wall fan
- A/C
- Fridge
- TV
- UK + American plug (220V)
- Electric shower (no curtains, drain at bottom of bathroom, so expect a wet floor all over every time you shower, but it's like this in most places in Cambodia)

Not present:
- In room safe (however lockers are given free and located next to reception)

WiFi uses shared WEP key which is available from reception free. Coverage is only near reception/restaurant and possibly first floor, generally quite bad.
Many rooms appear to have a ethernet plug in the wall connected to switches on each floor (active), however I had no eth cable and could not check if you can get on the internet.

Restaurant is lousy and expensive (like most places in Cambodia), however for breakfast is ok ...

Location is very VERY good (main reason for choosing this place).
Quite expensive at 20USD/night compared to average in the area.

Tuk tuk stationed in front of it all day, peddling all the time (but again, this is all over cambodia).

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 April 2010

We loved it so much we went back there again! The owners were so friendly- even lent us their DVD player when I was sick. Very clean rooms, big beds, large bathroom. TV that WORKS.

It's right opposite the Phnom Penh National Museum. And a one minute walk to the river where all the great restaurants are.

Only slight down point is the restaurant downstairs- not the best, but they do sell cheap bottles of water, and with so many other restaurants nearby, it doesn't matter!

Would highly recommend this place. All rooms have aircon, and a twin room starts at $20. PERFECT

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 March 2010

Ended up at Noura Motel after discovering our previous hotel had ants in the sheets. We were very happy with the hotel for the price: Spacious and clean room, stain free sheets with no bugs, AC, TV, & hot showers. Unfortunate that breakfast wasn't free but the cafe was pretty cheap. It is a couple blocks from the river and right in front of the royal palace. We were given a lock box in the lobby for passports, etc and never had any problems with theft.

Reviewed 14 March 2010

After discovering my room had been opened & burglarized by the staff, I proceeded to warn other guests staying at the Motel. As I was doing this the manager told me that I was a liar & that "if you cause problems for me, I'll make BIG problems for you!"
I told him I would report the happenings to the police & he told me he was "not afraid of them." He was right, I went to the police & the tourist police, & they did nothing.
Overall, the worst experience I've ever had at an accommodation & I will never go back to Phnom Penh.

2  Thank afriend921
Reviewed 2 March 2010

This guest house offers lockable drawers in each room. However, they failed to mention that housekeeping has keys to these drawers. When we confronted them about the $250 dollars that was missing they said. "we are rich. we don't need your small money." The rooms are ok, but for $20 bucks a night, you can do much better.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple