“Awesome rooms, location, and service”
Review of Noura Motel

Noura Motel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Noura Motel
Ranked #141 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 24 January 2011

I am pleasantly surprised how my trip went. As soon as I approached the motel, people came out/greeted us. The staff were always friendly and made me feel welcomed. Their cheerful faces with laughing smiles brighten my mornings as I enjoyed coffee with various pastries such as donuts, bagles, sandwiches, etc. They tried very hard to communicate with me and with no hestitation catered to my needs. I thoroughly enjoyed my Cambodian vacation. I am typically picky with bathrooms, but Noura's was clean and well kept. The rooms are spacious and has a great view of the King's Palace, the Fine Arts Museum, and the Tonle Sap. It is a great location for art lovers as I strolled through the many shops that sold paintings, wood carvings, and knickknacks.

Noura also has a variety of westernized foods as well as local Cambodian food to try. It is very clean.

I also love the free WIFI as that I can check fb or read up on new adventures to try out. What is also convienient is that there are multiple ticket booths (on the right side and facing) that sells bus tickets, etc. to all tourist locations. It is easy to assess and just enjoy your time here.

I highly recommend people to stay here. The staff are curtese and friendly, the location rocks a great view, the food is tasty, and the rooms are clean.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
2  Thank sweetvic28

Reviewed 24 November 2010

I had a <wonderful> stay at your place, thank you Nou, Tira and of course Omyo.
Best regards, god bless, hope 2 see u again!

! Certainly one of the best `classy` & inexpensive places in Phnom Penh, with the most incredible view - facing the Kings Palace, the library & the mekong river, all around.

Yours,
Nino

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled solo
1  Thank ntmani706
Reviewed 3 October 2010

We stayed one week in this hotel and we were nicely surprised by the clean rooms, really nice food at their restaurant and above all by the customer service we received from the staff of Noura Motel.
Great location, as it is 1 minute walk to the National Musuem, Royal Palace - a few minutes away from the Silver Pogoda and only a short walk from the riverside bars, restaurants and markets.

We would happily book this place again in our future visits to Phnom Penh.
Really happy we did not ready any of the previous reviews about this place and were able to have our own good experience.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Le_London_007
Reviewed 15 September 2010

Not that comfortable here. Mr Diamond the manager full of promises but just after your $$$. I'd give it a miss.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Fila_10
noura_motel, General Manager at Noura Motel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 September 2010

Dear Sir,

We are sorry that we could not make your stay at our guesthouse more pleasant.
Best regards,

Oem Diamond

Reviewed 29 April 2010

I stayed in the Noura Motel during a trip across south east asia in december. While out in the killing fields, $700 aus (made up of riel, us and dong) was stolen from my friends document holder. Upon approaching management in regards to this issue, we were told that the owner would be in soon and we could discuss the issue with her. 4 hours later she finally showed up, and informed us directly (without first listening to our concerns) that Noura is a family business, and that accusing the maids was insulting her family, and that she did not believe anything we had to say. There are much nicer hotels in this city, run by honest proprietors, which will not cause as many headaches!!! Enjoy Cambodia, and steer clear of Noura motel!

• Stayed: December 2009, travelled with friends
2  Thank Hayley B
Reviewed 29 April 2010

I was robbed of all my money from my room while i was at the Killing Fields. Please ignore any good review you read. My trip to Cambodia was ruined, I had to phone home for cash, they took my budget for a month (unfortunately I got too much cash out at the ATM and then usually lock in my suitcase, the day I forgot was the day I was getting tuk tuk in a hurry, while I was at Killing Fields all my money 600 dollars was robbed, and my friends travel documentation was taken for some reason
this is not a joke, no tourist police, you cant do anything but listen helpless as the hotel manager makes excuses without looking at you in the eye. HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE NEVER GO THERE

Stayed: April 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank marydarce
Reviewed 17 April 2010

We stayed here for four nights and returned again for one night after our trip to Sihanoukville.

We got a room upon arrival - cost US$20 for a double room with AC, fan, hot water, tv with cable and a fridge. There was free WIFI but it was not available in the bedrooms.

The rooms were a really good size with good storage. The bathroom was also a good size and toiletries were provided. The room was cleaned each day.

The hotel was in a great location; it's just around the corner from Friends restaurant; the Museum is literally a one minute walk and the palace is about a two to three minute walk away. There are really good restaurants within a few minutes walk.

The staff were all very friendly and we got a big welcome when we returned for one night after coming back from Sihanoukville. You can book bus tickets and tours with reception. There is a cafe in the lobby too which serves tea, coffee, pastries and pizzas etc.

Overall, we were very happy with our stay here and would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: March 2010, travelled as a couple