“Casually elegant dining”

Ranked #112 of 1,610 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Cuisines: French, Steakhouse
Good for: Business meetings, Special Occasion Dining, Romantic
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: This 110 year old building was constructed in French colonial style for the purpose of housing the bank of Indochina. It was short listed for the UNESCO heritage preservation awards in 2006 because of the care taken in conservation of architectural and period design.As well as our French Fine Dining lunch and dinner menus, we offer a range of catering and seating options for all types of events. We cater for weddings and engagement parties, seminars, press conferences, exhibitions, movie sets, or private functions of your choice. Buffet or special menu can be arranged for your exceptional event in Phnom Penh.Let the intrigue of this building, its past and present be a part of your heritage too. Come and try Van's experience
Reviewed 19 November 2013

A wonderful dining experience. Had 2 nights in Phnom Penh went back the 2nd night. Excellent service. Great atmosphere. Very professional. Understated elegance. My food was good. My wife's was great.
Would highly recommend.

2  Thank michael a

Reviewed 19 November 2013

Our tuk-tuk driver recommended Van's as one of the best restaurants in Phnom Penh, so we decided to eat dinner there. Besides that, my friends and I loved to try French dishes here. We had the lunch special, several courses plus wine and I am sure that you can also do it for around $15 US. Trilogie of creme brulee, Crusted Prawn and escargots were in our dinner and they made us really satisfied. I am writing these lines and really want to back there tasting them again and agian. Steak, fries & bernaise sauce is also a dish that you should try, I was so excited enjoyed other dishes so I could not try this. But my friend Lory said that it was very delicious. In my opinion, the food and service is better than most places and all in all it's pretty decent value for money, especially the set dinner menu.
Van's is a beautiful historic building with ancient structure which made me feel quite comfortable and relaxed so much.
Check this place out and you will not be disappointed. Right near the old central post office.

3  Thank Tiffany T
Reviewed 8 November 2013 via mobile

We didn't know what to expect but we were not disappointed! The ambience as you walked into this 1st floor establishment was beautiful

We were treated with courtesy from the staff and they were always at hand to explain anything on the menu

We had a three-course meal and a bottle of wine! We have to say that it was totally amazing and the food was absolutely delicious! This restaurant is a real gem.
If you want a good meal at a reasonable price, you will not be disappointed by attending here!

Highly recommended!

1  Thank Nero_1529
Reviewed 5 November 2013

I wanted to love this place, but it just fell short of what I had expected based on other reviews here. The restaurant is beautiful and the food was very good. I guess I felt like it was on par with Western prices and the kind of place where you would go for a business lunch, but not as a solo taveller, which I am. A great place if you're entertaining cooporate clients, but not enough atmosphere for a person dining alone.

1  Thank Elliottnavy
Reviewed 21 October 2013

Gorgeous room, lovely service, great food and not too expensive. The property is really romantic, but on our day sight seeing I wasn't really into the lunch menu, so they graciously showed me the huge dinner menu. We dined on several excellent dishes and when the bill came we were all very surprised at what we were sure was going to very expensive. It was 40.00 US. Hardly a ransom.

2  Thank Olsonleavy