“Friendly staff and good location” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Feeling Home

Feeling Home
Ranked #100 of 333 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reading
“Friendly staff and good location”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed here for a brief business trip. First night I had a room behind the reception desk. Although the room was ok it was very noisy and I wasn't impressed by a drunken tourist at 2am!
Next night the incredibly helpful manager moved me upstairs and the room was lovely.
You are at the top of a nice street with lots of restaurants and cafes and pretty well placed for the rest of the city.
I'd stay here again (upstairs) and there aren't many hotels in PP that I have said that about.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
, Director of Sales at Feeling Home, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting From Feeling Home Hotel in Phnom Penh!

With regard to your commend on trip advisor, it was help us alot to understand more and more to keep our cosistent seriver.

Thanks and Best Wishes
Group Marketing Director

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Toronto
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Feeling Home hotel. I had a room on the top floor which meant a lot of stair climbing (3-4 floors) as there are no elevators. However, the staff was very helpful and attentive; willing to help me book onward travel, carrying my luggage and even helping me to check the room before I left to ensure I did not forget anything!
The included breakfast was the best I have had in Cambodia. I was able to order off the menu including the fruit shakes and although the restaurant staff's English could be a bit better, I was able to pretty much get everything I wanted including eggs, fruit, toast, butter, ham, bacon, etc.
The location of Feeling Home was just what I was looking for. It is about a 20 minute walk to the palace and silver pagoda (although in my opinion, both are worth skipping), and also within a 15 minute walk to Tuol Sleng prison.
My biggest complaint with Feeling Home was the internet connection. It was hit and miss although this appears common in Cambodia. However, as this is my only real complaint, it would not keep me from staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floors - the internet may be better and there is not as many stairs!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
, Director of Sales at Feeling Home, responded to this review, 14 July 2012
Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting From Feeling Home Hotel in PP!

With regard to your commend, we would like to say thank so much and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Thanks & Best Wisehs,
Group Marketing Director
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2011

The staff was friendly and the breakfast, made to order, was good. However, the rooms are quite basic and the location isn't really convenient to anything. I thought it was overpriced for this city. I had booked two stays, and canceled the second one after my first stay. They have two buildings. The one I stayed in didn't have an elevator if that is an issue.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank flaphoto
Leakhena P, Director of Sales at Feeling Home, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting Form Feeling Home Hotel in Phnom Penh!

With regard to your commend, we will be note on it and update on ourself.

Thanks and Best Wishes,
Gorup Marketing Director
Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2011

Having some plumbing problems so had to move out for awhile....stayed at Feeling Home two nights. I think they are more geared to hotel-style apartment rentals, but we had a regular hotel room although it was immediately upgraded for free. They seem to own the restaurant and cafe outside but on the same corner. Our room was right off the lobby, it was beautiful, but my partner complained of noise. The furnishings are dark wood, very new and wonderful. The bathroom is unique, entering behind to sliding wooden doors. The staff was really helpful. I had internet problems, but it could have been my own firewall because others were connected with no problem.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 January 2011

We stayed at Feeling Home in the serviced apartments which are attached to the main building.

Good:
The room was nice with a big comfy bed (pillow not the best). There was TV with film channels among others, tea/coffee making facilities and complimentary water each day.
Hotel staff were very friendly and spoke good English. We booked a tuk tuk for the day through them and also our onwards bus ticket to Siem Reap which all worked out well.
There is a restaurant and cafe attached, however we found cheaper just down the road. There were quite a few different restaurants you could walk to easily, and also supermarkets.
Breakfast was huge, definitely value for money. It just kept being served, pastries, juice, coffee, fruit.
There are a few internet cafes nearby that you can walk to.
Bad:
We were three or four flights up stairs, so if you are unable to climb then this would not be good.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
barcelona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 January 2011

Feeling Home is a tiny boutique hotel with some longer-stay apartments as well. We stayed in the hotel part of it. The rooms were comfortable, clean and excellent value for money. The internet connection was reliable. The food at the restaurant was amazing -- it was not a buffet breakfast. Instead we were given an extensive menu and could order anything from a full western breakfast (eggs, fruit, bread, etc) to Hainanese Chicken Rice or traditional Cambodian rice porridge. Everything was incredibly tasty. The owners of the hotel also run some fine dining restaurants in Phnom Penh, so the kitchen staff were very well-trained.

The service was also excellent. We had some problems with our private taxi to Siem Reap, and the front desk staff helped us get on the phone and communicate with travel agents, drivers, etc.

The location is good. It is not by the riverfront, but in an expat/tourist area. If you walk around the corner, you will find lots of small shops and boutiques, nice restaurants and massage places -- I can recommend Om Traditional Massage and the Thai restaurant also on that street.

There is a karaoke place not too far away and it can be a bit noisy at night, but that didn't bother me very much. Bring your own toiletries because you will just get one small bar of soap. The plumbing is a bit weird -- my sink leaked onto the floor, but at least the toilet worked well and I had no issues with the flush. Another thing to be careful about: This is a new hotel and they are still sorting out their reservation system. When we arrived, they wanted to split up our family and put half of us in a nearby hotel, because they had received the online booking late and were overbooked. We were very firm about telling them no, and they sorted out the problem. This happens a lot in Cambodia, so just be careful that you don't end up in a different hotel from the one you booked.

• Stayed January 2011, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 December 2010

A small, friendly place to stay in Phnom Penh, with clean, comfortable, air-conditioned rooms, good internet and room safe for your valuables. However, it's a good 15 minutes in evening traffic in a Tuk tuk to Sisowath Quay on the riverside. Having said that, there were a few restaurants and bars in the vicinity of the hotel, so it depends on what you would like to do. A nice choice of breakfast was included, and was served in the Cafe next door. Recommended if you want to stay away from the touts that frequent the riverside area.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple