“Good place top stay with friendly staff”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Feeling Home

Feeling Home
Ranked #105 of 320 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Bangkok, Thailand
“Good place top stay with friendly staff”
Reviewed 19 September 2012

I stayed at Feeling Home for two nights on a short business trip to Phnom Penh. The location is very good and staff are really friendly and helpful. It is a very good location if you don't want to stay directly in the city centre where all huzzle and buzzle goes on, but prefer just a tick quieter. Stree 278 offers lots of good restaurants and bars for food and drinks and you still can easiliy access your office when you ae on a business trip. Staff is very friendly and immediately jumped into action when the room-safe refusef to work. There's a free drink on arrival which you can choose and the breakfast in the restaurant below is also really good, I took the American breakfast. As I had the room with the balcony I really enjoyed sitting outside to watch the street life as this you normally can't do in PP as most hotels have no balcony.Internet is fast and complementary which also is an asset.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 30 August 2012

We stayed in phnom penh last month. The room is big and breakfast is very good. I really enjoy
my stay. The only one that I don't like is staff can't speak english properly but they are helpful.
Everything is fine to me. If I be in phnom penh again, I still prefer to stay in Feeling Home.

Room Tip: thanks with this specail trip
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank godvis b
Brooklyn, New York
Reviewed 27 June 2012

I stayed at Feeling Home to kill time before I left for Vietnam and as I didn't have much on my agenda to do in Phnom Penh, I spent more time in the hotel than I normally would and it worked out fine. The food in the hotel downstairs, Home Cuisine, is just fine, but if it is not to your liking there are other bars and restaurants around, some right across the street. There is also a supermarket up the road. Location is fine, and it is easy to get around with motorbikes or tuk tuk, but I like to walk, so I walked everywhere. The room was clean, cozy and comfortable. The only drawback is the free wi-fi. I was in the room on the top floor and the signal was so weak up there that I couldn't pick up the wi-fi. An ethernet cable is provided but since I did not have a laptop, that proved to be useless, so I had to go to the lobby to connect. It wasn't really a big deal but I would suggest that they try a signal booster instead.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting From Feeling Home in Phnom Penh!

On be half of my management team, we would like to say thank so much for your commend. we will try to update our service more and more.

Best Wishes,
Reading
Reviewed 20 September 2011

Stayed here for a brief business trip. First night I had a room behind the reception desk. Although the room was ok it was very noisy and I wasn't impressed by a drunken tourist at 2am!
Next night the incredibly helpful manager moved me upstairs and the room was lovely.
You are at the top of a nice street with lots of restaurants and cafes and pretty well placed for the rest of the city.
I'd stay here again (upstairs) and there aren't many hotels in PP that I have said that about.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled on business
Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting From Feeling Home Hotel in Phnom Penh!

With regard to your commend on trip advisor, it was help us alot to understand more and more to keep our cosistent seriver.

Thanks and Best Wishes
Toronto
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I enjoyed my stay at Feeling Home hotel. I had a room on the top floor which meant a lot of stair climbing (3-4 floors) as there are no elevators. However, the staff was very helpful and attentive; willing to help me book onward travel, carrying my luggage and even helping me to check the room before I left to ensure I did not forget anything!
The included breakfast was the best I have had in Cambodia. I was able to order off the menu including the fruit shakes and although the restaurant staff's English could be a bit better, I was able to pretty much get everything I wanted including eggs, fruit, toast, butter, ham, bacon, etc.
The location of Feeling Home was just what I was looking for. It is about a 20 minute walk to the palace and silver pagoda (although in my opinion, both are worth skipping), and also within a 15 minute walk to Tuol Sleng prison.
My biggest complaint with Feeling Home was the internet connection. It was hit and miss although this appears common in Cambodia. However, as this is my only real complaint, it would not keep me from staying here again!

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the lower floors - the internet may be better and there is not as many stairs!
  • Stayed June 2011, travelled solo
Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting From Feeling Home Hotel in PP!

With regard to your commend, we would like to say thank so much and we are looking forward to welcome you again.

Thanks & Best Wisehs,
Ft. Lauderdale, Florida
Reviewed 14 June 2011

The staff was friendly and the breakfast, made to order, was good. However, the rooms are quite basic and the location isn't really convenient to anything. I thought it was overpriced for this city. I had booked two stays, and canceled the second one after my first stay. They have two buildings. The one I stayed in didn't have an elevator if that is an issue.

• Stayed December 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank flaphoto
Leakhena P, Director of Sales at Feeling Home, responded to this review, 17 July 2012
Dear Value Guests,

Warmest Greeting Form Feeling Home Hotel in Phnom Penh!

With regard to your commend, we will be note on it and update on ourself.

Thanks and Best Wishes,
Gorup Marketing Director
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 11 February 2011

Having some plumbing problems so had to move out for awhile....stayed at Feeling Home two nights. I think they are more geared to hotel-style apartment rentals, but we had a regular hotel room although it was immediately upgraded for free. They seem to own the restaurant and cafe outside but on the same corner. Our room was right off the lobby, it was beautiful, but my partner complained of noise. The furnishings are dark wood, very new and wonderful. The bathroom is unique, entering behind to sliding wooden doors. The staff was really helpful. I had internet problems, but it could have been my own firewall because others were connected with no problem.

• Stayed February 2011, travelled as a couple