“Not too bad” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of Amari Hotel

Amari Hotel
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Amari Hotel
Ranked #217 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
“Not too bad”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here in Dec 11 with friends. The place was clean, staff were friendly and helpful. Location is great and the prices are good
All in all good value for money . One drawback - i got quoted $20 but got charged €25. I would probably stay here again if in Phnom Penh

Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (11)
Port Moresby, Papua New Guinea
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 November 2013

I lived in PP for over 15 years, but don't now. So this is the first time I have stayed in a hotel there since 1996. As I was out and about most of the time, I just wanted somewhere cheap and central. The Amari was it.
I left my valuables in the safety deposit downstairs, and had no problems. There is an ANZ ATM in front, so cash was easy to get. Plenty of tuk tuks as well.
They did cheat me, as is expected. My friend booked the room at $20, but when I checked out they insisted it was $25 - I told the friend, who said he'd attempt to get it back. Good luck.
It's not the Ritz, but ok for a single guy.

Room Tip: If you are keen on sleeping, get a room at the back. The ones at the front have a balcony where you...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
Bangkok
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 November 2013

Robbed!!! I left this hotel yesterday and headed to Bangkok , when I went through my case I noticed a dress gone, then because our new hotel here has a DVD player I noticed 10 DVDs gone I would not have noticed other wise, in hind sight I believe it's the cleaner she is cagey I am not sure if all the staff are in on it but I would not stay there if I was you ! Dodgy!!!!!!!

Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank nigel h

Travellers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

Guildford, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

Having stayed here 3 times now it is nothing special at all.
The rooms are ok and if you have a balcony room then there is a good view of 136 street but can get a little noisy late at night.
If your only staying for a few days then it is fine any longer than that then I would try a different hotel.

Room Tip: Balcony rooms are better but only if you don't mind some street noise.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with friends
Saigon
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 May 2013

I've been staying here for years. Never had a problem. Until the other day. I checked in, tossed my stuff in the room, and headed down the street to the Smile shop. Twenty minutes later I came back, my door was open and my bag was not how I left it (and I had hidden it somewhat). I immediately checked and found some money missing; just enough, I imagine, that whoever took it was thinking I wouldn't notice until later. I've never had a bit of problem here over the years but I will never stay there again. A bit dodgy for me. Can't trust them.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo
8 Thank SaigonMangoMan
Hong Kong, China
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 February 2013

for 20USD a room you don't get a lot these days, but Amari is good for the money. The service is what expected and you have sometimes to wait forever for new towels, you laundry etc. However they are easy to deal with and parking of the motorcycle directly in the reception is great and you could leave the luggage and the motorcycle there when going to f.ex. Siem REap, however I don't think it is the safest place on the planet.

If it were not for the good parking there and the best location we would definately not have been staying here.

Wifi is free and they now have repeaters on all floors so even in "the dungeon rooms" you could connect.

Room Tip: The extra 6USD (26USD) for the larger twin bed rooms are well worth it, they are double the size of...
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Gasteren, The Netherlands
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 February 2013 via mobile

We came here while the funeral off the king was goiing on. So there were lots of people at the streets and the police blocked almost the complete riverside area. So we ended up at this hotel. The rooms were very small, the bathroom needs work, rooms in the front suffer off streetnoise.
No breakfast included. Our airco was broken so we had to move late at night to an other room. tv was not working properly, but that we found not a problem.

• Stayed February 2013