Blue Tongue Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
View Hotel
New York Hotel(Phnom Penh)
Mito Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
Asia Palace Hotel(Phnom Penh)
Diamond Hotel(Phnom Penh)
  • Breakfast included
Asia Hotel(Phnom Penh)
  • Restaurant
The Panda Hotel(Phnom Penh)
Capitol Guesthouse(Phnom Penh)
Flamingos Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
See what travellers are saying:
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 14 August 2014

I loved Blue Tongue as its right where all the action was , they had a great restaurant , rooms were large with a great air conditioned , Staff were very friendly , the owner is an Australian and we had a good yarn to him about where in lived before coming to Cambodia, I recommend this place to any one who wants a great room at a very reasonable price

Room Tip: rooms at the top
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 July 2014

Initially after reading some reviews and seeing some of the photos, my expectation was high as it was rated above average. I would say it's over rated. On my arrival, it was raining and the cab stop me in front of the main entrance which was flooded. No one bothered to help us with the baggage or at least an umbrella. I think the hotel should do something about it during the wet season. As I had booked the rooms much earlier, I had expected all details be in order but not so. Was a disappointing start of my holiday. My room with a balcony but one of the door did not have a handle. There's no kettle, there's no phone in the room. Don't expect a 3 star service. F&B at the lobby is just average.
The staffs are quite helpful once they know you. I think the owner should emphasise of ensuring more smile and friendliness from the staffs and make some improvement to make it a better place for people to stay.
Will I be coming back to this hotel? My answer is NO.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Mike F
Reviewed 3 July 2014 via mobile

I have stayed in this hotel many times in the last 4 years. The last stay was for a week in June

The rooms are big and the bathrooms good.The rooms have always been clean. When there have been problems they were resolved quickly.

The location is good, but it is in the red light bar area so expect some noise. The hotel is guest friendly.

Food at the restaurant is good as is the coffee.

The only downside for me is the lack of a safe in the room and the televisions are old.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 20 May 2014

Horrible experience. We booked a triple sharing room, the rooms were clean but the toilet had a massive pipe problem which caused the whole bathroom floor to flood after a shower. Housekeeping was abysmal as my pillow had disappeared without a trace and all our bed cushions were placed on top of the cupboard, making it dirty. Housekeeping staff had no idea what we were talking about when we made a complaint and we decided to write an email to explain the whole situation. Manager came up a few mins later to explain the situation which concludes their lousy house keeping service.

Room was noisy at night as it was close to a bar and the loud booming base was heard throughout the night till the wee hours of the morning. Service staff was rude, service without a smile and curt in their replies. A friend ordered hot water and we could hear kitchen staff making a big fuss about it. Whats with that?

Bottomline, I will never stay here again even if the location was good (which to me, it wasnt).

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 10 May 2014

Great location, next to the Walkabout in central Phnom Penh. About a 15-20 minute walk to the Riverside area.

The hotel is good clean and modern. The bed was very comfortable and the room was kept spotlessly clean. The room included a fridge and aircon, with free wi-fi and cable TV

friendly and helpful staff that spoke good English.

Negatives no safe in the room only safety boxes at Reception

...