“Hot and Cold”

Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
Ranked #6 of 277 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 29 May 2014

I have just returned from a weeks business trip staying at the sofitel Phnom Penh.This was my 3rd stay here.
The front desk staff are very keen to please and do live up to the service standard one expects from a 5 star hotel.I must compliment Dany who assisted me at the business centre and on check in and out.
Noticing other comments about the construction next door its true but work will finish on 20 June 2014 and the noise and dust will stop.
The coffe in the coffee shop 'Chocholate' is like hot milk and the food was cold .You would expect that after waiting 30 minutes for a toasted sandwich.Overall a really great hotel with enthusiastic staff. Just skip the coffe shop and head to the huge pool!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment and for staying with us again. It is a pleasure to learn that our Ambassador service met your expectations. I regret to hear about your experience in Chocolat, this will be taken care of.

We are looking forward to welcoming you again at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Charles-Henri Chevet

Write a ReviewReviews (1,449)

Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

Considering how much you pay, the service should be much better. Housekeeper or hotel maintenance man knocked repeatedly and didn't seem to get the hint after yelling through the door for them to come back later (was napping). When I asked the pool waiter for mustard with my sandwich he didn't know what mustard was... Ridiculous lack of English and basic requests among the staff. It might be a 5star building but does not live up to being 5star over all.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank MattYDallas
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded 28 May 2014

Dear Guest,

I thank you for sharing your experience with us. I regret that you experienced minor incidents with our service. I am however glad that you enjoyed your overall stay with us as well as our building design and amenities.

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Booked to stay for 3 nights, checked out after the first night. If you are looking for a hotel that over looks a building site from every room, this is your place! Checked into room 723, from the balcony you have a wonderful view of a huge building site. Moved to room 530 which despite the efforts of the staff just could not get the wifi working. It also had a wonderful view of a dirty river & another building site. The location is on the outskirts of town, not far but to far to walk anywhere. The

• Stayed: May 2014
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded 27 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. I regret to learn that your experience did not meet your expectations especially regarding the view from your room. I am glad to learn our team did change promptly the room to accommodate your preference. In regards of Internet we have faced some internet line issue recently with our provider. I am really sorry for the inconvenience. Lastly the Tonle Bassac area is indeed in full transformation and should be wonderful in a couple of weeks from now. I will be happy to welcome you back for you to enjoy the change.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

Stayed 2 nights at a standard twin room with a friend while I was in Phnom Penh for a wedding. We didn't get much time to enjoy the facilities but I must say that this is one of the best hotels I have been in, and I feel very welcomed the moment I step into the hotel.

The rooms are bright, clean and tidy and it feels like home away from home. I have also made a couple of requests for bottles of complimentary mineral water via the phone over to the room service department and they would deliver them within 5 minutes.

We also had lunch at La Coupole. Food was good though we had to wait for a while to be served. It is a very comfortable environment and the waiters and waitresses were very friendly and professional.

The hotel is situated away from the busy CBD area but I will choose to stay here again on my next visit to Phnom Penh, and hopefully get to enjoy the facilities a bit more.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded 23 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your comment. I am happy to learn that you enjoyed your overall stay from our smiling and considerate Ambassadors to our gastronomy.
I do hope you will visit Phnom Penh again for a longer stay and will have the opportunity to enjoy our swimming-pool, SPA and other restaurants.

Reviewed 18 May 2014

I hardly write a hotel review.... But it is the best hotel I have ever stayed,,,, the staffs remember your name... Feel welcome and home .. Classy lounge and good view... Best coffee and croissant I have ever had.... Sumptuous breakfast

Room Tip: Choose the one facing the river
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled on business
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded 21 May 2014

Dear Guest,

It is very rewarding to get comments such as this one. I am very happy to learn that you enjoyed our luxury service as well as our Exclusive Lounge Club Millesime with its incredible view of Phnom Penh.

Reviewed 16 May 2014

This was such a lovely hotel to stay in the staff were friendly and went out of their way to ensure you had everything - it deserves it's 5 stars. As other people have pointed out it is a distance from the busy riverside however a $3 Tuk Tuk ride fixes that.Throughout the hotel there are various art works (some for sale) on display which adds some interest into what could be a sterile environment.
A platter of fresh fruit in the room was a nice touch when we arrived. The cafe serves good coffee and a selection of patisseries which make for a very enjoyable pick me up after sightseeing. Breakfast caters to all tastes, the quality of the food is probably the best I have come across - my partner was particularly taken with the chocolate fountain at breakfast.
The hotel was quiet when we were there at one point we had the whole pool complex to ourselves! If a you are wanting some luxury the Sofitel provides everything you need; if you are after the busy Phnom Penh bustling atmosphere then this is not for you.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank kiwimadeinnz

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comments about our salon de thé Chocolat and La Coupole’s extensive breakfast – quite successful among our guests.
It is also a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our Galerie des Arts exhibition on our ground floor, it indeed offers a lot of art pieces by Khmer and international artists with diverse influences.

Reviewed 1 May 2014

Very good hotel. Nice, relatively new building, close to city center, 5 to 10 minutes by tuk-tuk. Room was perfect, service as well, staff well trained. SPA is beautiful, pool nice, bars as well. It deserves 5 stars without any doubt.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this reviewResponded 2 May 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for your very kind comment. I am extremely pleased to learn that our service was impeccable and that you enjoyed So SPA. I hope you also appreciated our Galerie des Arts exhibition with Khmer and international artists.