“High Standard. The best place to stay for a business trip”

Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra
Ranked #7 of 269 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Hong Kong, China
“High Standard. The best place to stay for a business trip”
Reviewed 13 July 2014 via mobile

This month I had to stay one week at the Sofitel and I am quite familiar with that hotel since they opened it few years back. They operate with high professional and consistent standard. Food in all restaurant is very tasty. The team is really looking after the guests. Highly recommended.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank LM009
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this review, 17 July 2014
Dear Guest,

I am glad that you had a good week staying at the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra. Thank you for your compliment and recommendation to the readers.

I am looking forward to welcome you again for your next visit to Phnom Penh.

General Manager.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (245)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 10 July 2014

We all had a good time in Cambodia, hopefully we will return as I would like to visit again.
The Hotel Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra was an excellent choice and experience.
All of the staff were pleasant ,helpful, courteous and friendly.
Food and amenities were 1st class.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Stephen R
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your kind comment. I am glad to learn that your trip was Magnifique. All our Ambassadors are joining me to thank you for staying with us.

We would love to have you stay with us again and we hope to welcome you back in Phnom Penh.

Malaysia
Reviewed 7 July 2014

A delightful hotel with a colonial style and air to it which is wonderful. Huge rooms and bathrooms which are very well decorated, and have solid teak floors which lend a lovely ambience to the room.
Staff are attentive and friendly, and the entire stay there added a relaxed air to my Phnom Penh visit.
The downstairs bar at one side of the huge foyer is most enjoyable - try the deep fried prawn cakes for an absolute treat. Breakfast is a great spread and again its all in a huge, spacious room with a wonderful ambience.
Excellent value for money as well, given the overall quality of everything here.
But - sadly there is a but. I think it's a bit out off the main 'drag' but worse is the fact that a huge Aeon shopping mall has just opened on the adjacent piece of land, and in the evening the traffic in and out of the mall makes hotel access a pain in the proverbial. Pity.

Room Tip: Ignore my spa rating, I clicked it by mistake and cannot remove it; I never used the spa
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Dear Guest,

I am glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here with us. I will forward to our teams your feedback which is very rewarding.

The initial days of the opening of the new Aeon Mall did attract record crowds who were as excited as the rest of us at this new entertainment addition to Phnom Penh. As the novelty has subsided we have seen the activity settle and the flow in and around the mall, is now back to its pre-opening days. There are naturally peak times where the road can get congested but this is no different to the rest of the city at the same time.

Hence, may I invite you again to stay with us on your next visit to Phnom Penh. We are looking forward to welcome you again at the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Sydney
Reviewed 3 July 2014

I really enjoyed the great hotel and cant find a single negative comment.
From concierge to housekeeping all great. I tried as many of the facilitiues as I could fit nto my 2 week stay and from the 1st instance Lobby bar I was made to feel welcome.
Thanks for your great service. I hope to come again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this review, 2 August 2014
Dear Konrad J,

Thank you for your generous comments regarding our hotel and the team. We do strive each and every day to ensure all guests receive our promise to delight and deliver excellent service.

We too hope you come again and I would be happy to take the opportunity to meet you in person on your next visit. Until then, safe travels

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 1 July 2014

My wife and I stayed 3 days at the Sofitel and we cannot fault any aspect of this hotel. Location is perfect and most of the main tourist hotspots are within a short driving distance.

The luxury room we booked was wonderful. Large and spacious bathroom and bedroom with a balcony providing nice views of the city.

The breakfast was amazing (very large Asian and Intercontinental cuisine) and the evening dinners were fantastic (we booked two evenings - one the Le Coupla and the other, Hachi (Japanese)). The food was fresh and cuisine absolutely fantastic.

Staff are all helpful, warming and professional. Overall, we loved our stay here and would gladly book with the Sofitel again.

Room Tip: A room with a balcony (Luxury room).
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you for the compliment and this great review. It is always a pleasure to read the best service is provided to our guests. I am glad to hear the Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra has seduced you from the rooms to the gastronomy and that our Ambassadors have made your stay a memorable one.

We hope to welcome you again in Phnom Penh soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We are traveling as a family of 5 around SEA, by far this has been the best hotel, the Sofitel lives up to its reputation. Rooms large, luxurious, clean. Staff very friendly. recently a new shopping mall has opened next door. My son has a serious nut allergy, the Chief, Kishan went out of his way to accommodate my sons nut allergy, also he went out of his way to accommodate the rest of the family to prepare vegetarian dietary food, by preparing lovely indian food. I can highly recommend the Sofitel in Phnom Penh.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Dear Guest,

I am delighted to hear you thought of our hotel being the best hotel in your trip around Southeast Asia.

From bowling, cinema, shops and restaurants to kids’ activities, Aeon Mall is a great addition to the neighbourhood that your son must have very much enjoyed.
It is always a delight for me to read such great feedback about our team and to see that you were well taken care of.

Thank you for your strong recommendation to our readers, it was a pleasure to have you staying in our hotel and we hope to welcome you again in Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra.

Singapore
Reviewed 18 June 2014

The hotel has a fairly long driveway, which my friend thought was for safety reasons. We were greeted at the entrance by the check-in staff which I felt gave a personal touch. The hotel sat on quite a big ground that also had 3 or 4 tennis courts. Although there was a spa in the hotel itself, there was another massage centre along the driveway, which though was much cheaper, was less luxurious but met the purpose.

Our Superior rooms were quite large and clean, and has an almost equally large bathroom. I only saw the pool next to the coffee house, and regretted not bringing my swimming costume as it was so empty!

Fancy some ice cream for breakfast? They serve that in the coffee house. Try the coconut sorbet. It was lovely! We also ate at Fu Lu Zu and found the food to be too salty or too sweet (which seemed to be common with most of the Cambodian food we tried). Set lunch at Hachi was much better.

The hotel has arotherapy oils on every lift landing, so you will smell nice lemongrass scent which will permeate down the corridor.

Location of the hotel is along a busy street. Aeon Shopping Mall which is next to the hotel should be opening soon. Tuk tuks are always on standby within the hotel compound, so you just need to let the staff at the entrance know if you need one.

All the staff were very attentive and helpful, even if they don't speak much English. Highly recommend this hotel for business travellers.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
Charles-Henri C, General Manager at Sofitel Phnom Penh Phokeethra, responded to this review, 1 July 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for sharing your experience with us. It is a pleasure to learn that you enjoyed our breakfast ice cream selection as well as Hachi’s business lunch.