“Paradise in Phnom Penh”

Ranked #44 of 269 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Nha Trang, Vietnam
“Paradise in Phnom Penh”
Reviewed 12 April 2014

This place is a rare gem in Phnom Penh. Located a small walk from the riverside you are still only a maximum of 5 minutes away from the bedlam of the nightlife and other areas of the city. The difference is, this place is really clean, all of the staff are really friendly and there is an outdoor bar by the pool, so you really can wind down and relax even in a city such as Phnom Penh!! When inside one of the greatest feelings is the security everything feels really safe and well protected! I have stayed here now 2 times and I fully intend to again. Excellent!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Eurekavillas, Owner at Eureka Villas Phnom Penh, responded to this review, 28 April 2014
Hi Lowton09

Thanks for your review, and we are happy you have enjoyed staying with us.

When we recently renovated and moved the bar area, we were conscious to ensure privacy for those using the pool, as well as a friendly social environment for those who want to enjoy a drink and chat with other guests. As much as the constant buzz of Phnom Penh is a drawcard to many people, most guests are happy to be able to escape it for a while and enjoy the relaxed environment we have tried to provide.

We look forward to seeing you again in the future.
Paul

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (100)
Durango, Colorado
Reviewed 30 March 2014

My family of four, with our 20 year old son and 6 year old daughter, found the grounds of Eureka Villas a nice place to spread out with the pool area, the common area, and the breakfast seating offering good options to relax after being on tour all day by tuk tuk to the local must see sights, albeit, heart-breaking sights of Tuol Sleng Museum and the Killing Fields of Choeung Ek.
As for the family room in which we stayed, I have never seen such giant bunk-beds before and found that the clean white linens on the comfortable beds combined with the quiet of an the ultra dark room quickly shuttled me off to dreamland even though we were in Phnom Penh during a major holiday adding to the chaotic vibe of Phnom Penh.
Breakfast was made to order eggs any style, fruit plates, and the additional options of breads, yogurt, cereals readily available were enough options to satisfy a picky eater and a gluten-free restriction eater both. Overall, I was thankful to come "home" to this establishment after each exhausting day.

Room Tip: The family room will sleep six adults easily with four bunk-beds and a nice king size bed, although...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
Eurekavillas, Owner at Eureka Villas Phnom Penh, responded to this review, 30 March 2014
Hi Amy D

Thanks for your review of Eureka Villas and your feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.
Our bunk rooms have become very popular with our bank beds designed to provide plenty of individual space in each bed, as well as power outlets, book shelf and reading lights for each bed.

We hope to see you again in the future.
Thanks again.
Sydney, Australia
Reviewed 24 March 2014

I stayed here with another couple for 3 nights in March. Hen the Manager and the staff are all very courteous and helpful. Hen recommended and organised all our tours and transfers. Its a great little Hotel in the middle of chaos. Once your inside the gate you are blocked out from the hustle and bustle of Phnom Penh. Highly recommend.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
Eurekavillas, Owner at Eureka Villas Phnom Penh, responded to this review, 26 March 2014
Hi pparko

Thanks for your review of Eureka Villas. We hope that you can back and stay with us again in the future.
Best Regards
edinburgh, now oz
Reviewed 23 March 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for 12 nights while visiting a friend who lives in phnom penh.
fabulous points-
super friendly and helpful staff
clean and spacious room
great location only a few mins and a few dollars in a tu tuk to river front or a 15 min walk
tuk tuks alwaya available outside hotel
pool and sun loungers are perfect.
aircon and fan perfect combo to cool room

improvements which could be considered
Bed and pillows soo hard, personal preference I know however it was hard to sleep
breakfast poor choice and wasnt aware latte ect was avail until I read another post once id left
Fair few aussie sex tourists bringing their latest "girlfriend" back to hotel for night that theyve paid for at a local bar- however didnt really bother me

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Eurekavillas, Owner at Eureka Villas Phnom Penh, responded to this review, 24 March 2014
Hi scotlandnoz

Thanks for your review and feedback, we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We have just been updating our beds with latex pillows and mattress toppers over the last week, apologies for not having these during your stay. I would greatly appreciate some suggestions for the breakfast, feel free to email me directly, paul@eurekavillas.com
Unfortunately it is out of our control who guests bring back to the hotel, and we are very conscious to not discriminate, I had an instance last year of being accused of being a sex tourist myself when trying to check into a hotel with my khmer wife, who is also the mother of my 3 children. We do however have a strong policy of ensuring that all guests are respectful of other guests.

We look forward to you staying with us again in the future.
Best regards
London
Reviewed 20 March 2014

Perfectly ok hotel. Good points –
• Mostly clean & spacious room with good air con,
• good location on quiet street right by the royal palace, really easy to get a tuk tuk outside
• nice pool area

Bad points –
• Rubbish breakfast! Bread left on the side where there were plenty of flies & gross instant coffee,
• Not-so-clean towels in the room,
• The most uncomfortable pillows ever (I would never normally notice something as trivial but they really were like logs)
• The local staff & manager were friendly but some others (we think maybe the owners? Australian?) were rather rude... Not the best atmosphere.
Overall we’d try somewhere else next time, I think you could get better for this price.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Eurekavillas, Owner at Eureka Villas Phnom Penh, responded to this review, 20 March 2014
Hi Lan_London_24

Thank you very much for your review of Eureka Villas, and my sincere apologies that you did not enjoy your stay with us.
We have recently just upgraded our pool areas, so glad you enjoyed it.

We are constantly trying to improve our guest experience, and this week alone we have received delivery of imported natural latex pillows for all the rooms as well as mattress toppers, which will hopefully improve sleep quality for our guests.

Apologies you didn't enjoy the coffee, we recently run out of the Nescafe instant coffee and had complaints from some guests. We also serve percolated coffee and local coffee as part of our included breakfast, and have Cappuccinos and Lattes available at our bar.

Apologies if you found me rude, as we are constantly trying to create a friendly and welcoming environment, many of our guests leave having made new friends through the social environment around our bar and restaurant. I am not sure if I was here during your stay as I travel quite regularly.

Please feel free to contact me directly if you have any other feedback that can assist us improve our service paul@eurekavillas.com

Thanks for your review
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 20 March 2014

I stayed at Eureka with my wife during our holiday in Cambodia for our 1 year anniversary. Can't say enough good things about the place. Perfect location, short walk to the riverfront & the Royal palace. Staff were always willing to assist with any question we had about PP & were willing to offer advice & local knowledge. Rooms were large & clean & the pool was perfect. I'd recommend Eureka to family & friends..

• Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
Hi Pat H

Thanks for your review, and we are glad that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We hope you had an enjoyable and memorable wedding anniversary, and we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Mornington, Victoria, Australia
Reviewed 15 March 2014

On my fourth trip to Phnom Penh I booked into Eureka Villas after having visited it on a previous trip, I was glad I did because it suited me perfectly as i wanted time to relax as well as do the touristy things. To sit beside the pool on a comfortable lounge, sip a cool drink and read my book and not be bothered by anyone was wonderful. My room was roomy, clean and quiet. To be able to order a meal or snack at any time of the day was convenient especially when family living in PP visited. I would recommend the Eureka to anyone.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
Eurekavillas, Owner at Eureka Villas Phnom Penh, responded to this review, 21 March 2014
Hi Kay M

Thanks for your review. The new pool furniture has been a big hit with our guests, along with the new position of the bar which provides a lot more privacy around the pool area.

We look forward to your next visit.
Best Regards