“Pretty average”
Review of Cardamom Hotel

Cardamom Hotel
Ranked #34 of 334 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 12 June 2014 via mobile

The room was ok, had everything we needed but the shower was filthy and the water didn't drain quickly. We were on the road side which was very noisy, lots of power cuts too (although that's not the hotels fault). There seemed to be a lot of smokers on our floor as well and I found a cigarette butt in the stairwell. They could be better.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple

Reviewed 9 June 2014

My first stay at this hotel was excellent. Admittedly, I stayed on a 'promotion' offer. My room was small but had a large comfortable bed, great wifi, nice amenities, attentive staff and the food in the restaurant was great. Based on this, I returned for a second stay. This time, my room was on an inner corridor with an window that opened onto the hall. This room was dark, unclean, and had an odor that could not be dissipated by leaving the door and window open. The staff told me that the only option was that they would 'upgrade' me for an additional $10 which was now triple what I had payed at the promotion rate. During the night, I was awakened repeatedly by guests returning to their rooms and then awakened at 5:00 AM to no hot water. I will not stay here again.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 May 2014

I stayed as part of an Intrepid tour of Cambodia. The hotel provides good comfortable clean rooms. The breakfasts were poor quality compared to others in Cambodia. My biggest problem was leaving a bag in their safe keeping while I completed the rest of my tour. It had a lot of warm, expensive clothing I needed for the next part of my trip. Unfortunately when I returned the bag had gone. What I discovered was there was not one dedicated, secure room for left luggage..it had been left in an open office with staff going in and out all day. The manager was also clearly upset and speedily arranged compensation, for which I thank him but the hotel cannot afford any more incidents like this. If you want to leave a bag, be aware of the risk and make sure you know where it is being put and whether they have improved the system.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

Decent size room with a large comfortable bed and very clean.

Staff were very friendly. Tuk tuks are right outside to take you onto town $2 or wherever you want to go.

Breakfasts were good, fresh food and friendly staff.

I also had room service that was very efficient and good food.

I would definitely stay here again.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank AmandalShepherd
Reviewed 23 April 2014

We found the Cardamon hotel to be centrallypositioned in Phnom Penh. The rooms although not particularly large in size are well appointed and comfortable. The staff were nice and very helpful. The breakfast was also nice and fresh. Overall we had a good stay and would stay there again when next in PP.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank macka44
Reviewed 18 April 2014

The rooms are very modern and comfortable, with air conditioning; much needed after a day in hot Cambodia! Reasonable price, and location was convenient. The staff were friendly, and provided refreshments. Upstairs restaurant was great for both breakfast and dinner.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ph0ebeBE
Reviewed 7 April 2014

OK, so this hotel is every bit as good as all the 4* reviesw say, it really is clean nice rooms etc etc.

I am at the hotel right now 07-04-14.

I wont mark the hotel down because of this as it's really not their fault and has not affected our stay in any way......... But....... read on.

There is a new building being built to the left and back (probably a hotel), we are on the back left corner, we noted the heavy equipment outside last night after check in, we had an early start and set the alarm for 6.30AM........ we did not need the alarm, at exactly 6.30 (seconds before the alarm) the pile driver started and it was literally yards from our window.

See picture.

This did not affect us and tonight is our last night with a 6AM start so unless they atart earlier tomorrow we will be find.

I just want this to act as a warning for others, this is an A1 hotel in an excellent location but check on building work as it could be going on for a year if its a hotel, if you have a booking already get yourself on the right of the building (looking from front), preferably front right.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family