“Great place to stay” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #68 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Saiki, Japan
“Great place to stay”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014 via mobile

Convenient location and friendly staff. Everything is really clean and comfortable.The front rooms facing the street are noisy, but we asked to have our room changed and they gladly accommodated us. Our new room was very quiet. The complimentary breakfast is simple, ask for the french bread toast rather than the regular toast.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (39)
Rome, Italy
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 February 2014

A very nice budget hotel in Cambodia. Our stay with my family here at the Golden House International while having our flight back home cancelled was very comfortable. The staff was able to assist us and followed through with some special requests that I had for the kids. They were really accommodating and made us feel at ease. Maybe they just felt sympathetic about our situation at that time, nonetheless, the employees were really nice and friendly. We had such a stress free stay here.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank RoseDRossiemarie
Sydney, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2014

This hotel is exceptional value for money, breakfast included in daily tariff , spotlessly clean staff very helpful, organizing ongoing travel requirements, 200 metres from the waterfront barstools
& resturaunts, possibly some of the best coffee in Phnom Penh. No hesitation in recommending this Hotel , will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank don p
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 February 2014

Just stayed 8 days only across road from where I've stayed before, when I arrived the staff were sitting at the bar with bear feet on the the bar and other staff just laying around the staff need hotel training, my room was very nice very pleased could do with kettle and cups but large tv good bedding and a good size en suite and was clean, next day I was surprised when my room was not serviced on the 3 rd day I was ask would you like your room cleaned ? And this was ask every day after, all in all was ok maybe little expensive at 40$ for room with no windows and very little service ,but was ok and I'm back there in April

Room Tip: In the heart of bars and 50 mts from water front good location
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Adelphi-hotel
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 January 2014

Many hotels in SE Asia are prone to having an email address but never answering any emails! I booked this hotel while sitting at Bangkok airport and did not hold out much hope when I emailed them to ask for a taxi pickup in just 3 hours time. Imagine my surprise when they replied within 30 minutes and said no problem! Great service.

Sure enough my driver was waiting and he dropped me to the front door. Check in was quick and thew room was on the 3rd floor and very clean. I had a window looking out onto the rather bizare happenings on the street below. It was better entertainment then the TV but was a little noisy.

I was only in Phnom Penh for a total of 15 hours so can't really comment any more on this place as I missed breakfast but they were fine to give me a late check out.

Once last comment on their service. For the first time ever I used a hotel safe. Big mistake as I forgot my passport! Remembered when trying to check in. I called them and gave them the combination and sure enough 40 minutes later a staff member turned up at the airport with it. I hope he liked his big tip as he and the hotel deserved it!

Perth, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

I stayed here for 4 nights and was actually quite surprised at the quality and cleanliness of my room. It was very spacious and the amenities were modern - not what I expected for the affordable price I was paying per night.

In regards to its proximity to the bars, restaurants and market - I felt comfortable walking everywhere and rarely had to use a tuk tuk to get home (only when I was a little drunk and lost =D). The only minor let down was that there were a few ants that made their way into my bathroom... but this is probably because I had left an open drink by the sink and forgotten about it. I would also like to mention that I had travelled to Phnom Penh during the riots and protests in early January of this year, but still felt incredibly safe around the area this hotel is located.

Room Tip: I got a room on the third level and it was relatively quiet.
Arizona City, Arizona
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 January 2014

Best Location in Phnom Penh, walking distance to everything you need including clubs ect. There are plenty of Taxis and Tuk Tuks right outside of the hotel if needed. The hotel staff were very friendly.

Room Tip: Use their airport pickup service for $15.00, well worth it!
1 Thank typeApersonality