Lone Star Saloon Bar and Guest House
US$26
US$55
US$53
  • Breakfast included
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
US$47
US$42
US$115
US$67
Orbitz.com
All reviewspork ribsfried okrabiggest roomhot water in the showerguest roomsquiet side streetthe air conditioningwestern fooda great place to staygood sizeexpatsguesthouseasiafridgewardroberiverside
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 20 February 2014 via mobile

Bar staff are lovely, good crowd with almost a "Cheers" feel about it.
Room are some of the largest I have stayed in and the food is worthy of the Texan theme (Australian reviewer; Tex exposure limited).
Try the Jack Daniel's marinated pork ribs, you will not regret it!

Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Malcolm W
Reviewed 10 February 2014

As always, pick anything on the menu and you will be happy.
The food is great. A wide variety on the menu, lots of compliments from other customers during my visit. And its always nice to see the friendly staff here at the Lone Star.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 4 January 2014

I ate a chili cheeseburger with jalapenos at Lone Star for dinner. The staff spoke English well, were chatty and I had no problem getting my chili and jalapenos on the side, as well as a side of mayonnaise.

While the burger obviously cooked on the outside, the center was medium rare which I don't usually appreciate. It was tasty, however, and the fries were good. The chili was thick and meaty, but a bit bland for my taste.

All things considered, it was a decent meal, even if it was a dollar or two overpriced. I'll probably go back once more to try their chicken tacos which looked excellent, my friend really enjoyed them.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Mark C
Camboforever, Owner at Lone Star Saloon Bar and Guest House, responded to this reviewResponded 6 January 2014

Hi Mark,

Thanks for your patronage and for taking the time to write a review. When you come back........if anything you order is not to your liking, please tell the wait staff and we will make it again or replace it. Thanks again..........and I will speak with my cooks to make sure they are getting the burgers to medium.

Reviewed 4 October 2013

My husband I just made our first trip to Cambodia and stayed here. We are already planning our trip for next year and will be sure to stay here again. The rooms are large and very clean. The food in the restaurant was delicious. The owner and his wife are such nice people the whole staff was friendly and accommodating. We had a very early morning flight and they not only opened the kitchen early so we could eat before leaving but also gave me a coffee cup as a parting gift. You also get the added bonus of their most adorable kids that will be sure to bring a smile to your face with their laughter they are little cuties with huge personalities. I highly recommend you stay at this guest house when coming to Cambodia you will not be sorry. Bonnie and Frank from Phoenix will be back for sure.

Room Tip: We stayed in one of the rooms with the king bed and like I said the room was big. the street was very quiet in the evening no problems sleeping.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 August 2013

All these rave reviews could be a bit misleading. The rooms are a good size (especially the more expensive front rooms) but (as the one disappointed reviewer loudly complained) don't have hairdryers, nice soaps and shampoos or even free water. Also the rooms are a bit dated in appearance, the beds are a bit knackered and so are the sheets and towels (although very clean). But look at the price! BTW, the street is very quiet at night (great for sleeping) but I think perfectly safe. Streets 154 and 172 are very nearby with good facilities.The Lone Star bar is excellent for drinks and food. The staff are great.

Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple