“Not so Great!”
Review of Landscape Hotel

Landscape Hotel
Ranked #111 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 10 February 2012

Stayed at this property for 2 night and it was a disappointment. I would give it a 2 or maybe 3 star rating. Despite requesting a non-smoking room upon entering the room it was clear that the room had been smoked in heavily. There was no sense in going back to the front desk to complain because the desk staff spoke little english. On the bright side the hotel is in a good location for trips to the killing fields, the markets and the river walk.

Room Tip: Ask for a room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled with friends
There are newer reviews for Landscape Hotel

Reviewed 31 January 2012

To put everything into perspective, my husband and I just arrived from siem reap and stayed at the 5-star le meridien hotel for 3 nights. Also, our room at this hotel was only $39/night via expedia.

However, one would expect to be able to take a warm shower after a long day, but for the two nights we were there, we could only take a shower in less than lukewarm water. While you might think it's refreshing after a long, hot day outside, it really isn't. We asked the front desk about it but they couldn't provide us with a good answer as to why there was insufficient amounts of hot water for the shower and the sink, regardless of the time of day (we checked). I forced myself to fully shower but my husband couldnt and resorted to a wipe down with a washcloth instead. Also, the shower is poorly designed so that water would spill out of the shower onto the bathroom floor. My husband forgot my warning of the puddle and slipped onto the tile floor, bruising his elbow and bum, and scratching his hand.

All I can say is that I am glad we only spent two nights here. I wish we paid more and stayed at a more decent hotel. Also, the front desk wouldn't change our $100usd bill for smaller change, claiming they didn't have any (????). After harassing them for a while, they went and got change for us. Turns out the money was kept elsewhere in the hotel and were just too lazy to get it for us.

• Stayed: January 2012
1  Thank smurfette9
Reviewed 23 January 2012

This hotel has potential but it is not quite there.

My wife and I stayed here as part of a tour group. It is a four star hotel.

It is in a good location, and it appears to be new. The wireless internet worked (remember that this is Cambodia and we have trouble elsewhere). The buffet breakfast was fine.

The air conditioning in the room was poor. We did not have hot water one morning. No one in the group did. The elevators are inadequate. The service was mixed. I did not sleep well in the bed.

If I go back to Phnom Penh, I would look for a different hotel.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
1  Thank Aaron_Adkins
Reviewed 21 January 2012

I had a couple of days here. Great location and good rooms. Small lobby bar, very friendly staff and helpful maids. English was well spoken. Excellent buffet breakfast on 10th floor. No swimming pool. Great wi fi and high speed lifts working well.

Rooms well cleaned, in room safes. Nice bathroom extras and bathrobes as well as slippers provided.Outstanding at the price in my view. I booked through Agoda.$9 USD for taxi from airport to destination.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank Mister K
Reviewed 17 January 2012

The Landscape Hotel was a pleasant find for the price. While not a 4 Star hotel all things considered, this is a clean, upscale hotel with all the basic western amenities one might expect, except for an iron. Not one to be found on the property. We enjoyed our stay and the very gracious service.

• Stayed: January 2012
Reviewed 13 January 2012

A great location, only a couple of minutes walk from Naga world or a $2 tuktuk ride.

The rooms however were quite average - the lock on the door didn't work and needed to be fixed on our stay, the showers eas was also being held up by a silver spoon. However, thumbs up for good room size and cleanliness.

• Stayed: October 2011
Reviewed 3 December 2011

We had stayed in several hotels before in Phnom Penh, but we just found this one is wonderful. My husband and I stayed in the hotel for one weeks. We enjoyed with the Buffet Breakfast, frendly staff, good service and nice clean deluxe room with the very beutiful city and river view. we really enjoyed our stay. Hope to come back and stay at the hotel again.

Sophea and Henry

Room Tip: Rooms on the high floor have a great view
  • Stayed: November 2011, travelled as a couple