“Nice, clean”

Ranked #88 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Kelowna, Canada
“Nice, clean”
Reviewed 14 December 2013

They were very helpful with my transport wherever I wanted to go. (except the day i was leaving I ended up in wrong bus station but that was fixed quickly) They double booked me so I got a VIP room. A warning..Do NOT get the towels dirty. After spending all day sight seeing and cruising around in a tuk tuk I had a shower and there was dust grime on the towel (very little) they were going to charge me 20 USD for the towel and another 15 for face cloth. I asked to see the towel but they would not bring it down and eventually let it go. I tipped them for the laundry service but it was very minimal dirt I can tell you that. Other than that, its an ok location, clean premises and breakfast was hearty! Being on the 9th floor you can hear everything thats going on in the restaurant above and the kitchens. No street noise though. A 20 min tuk tuk ride cost 7$. Ill try walking next time. When I lifted the bedsheet up there were black hairs (curly ones) all over top of mattress. Just sayin....

• Stayed December 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank K S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (47)
  • Korean first
Connecticut
Reviewed 4 December 2013

After a night in the noisiest hostel in asia, we booked a room at Salita for some peace and quiet.  Found a crazy low last-minute rate on booking.com and showed up at 10am the next day.

The low rate caused some confusion at first, and after 2 weeks in other hotels in SE asia, we were sure we'd be tossed out or asked to pay the regular rate.  After 10 min, though, we were politely informed that our room was ready (3 hours before usual checkin) and asked to pay the rate that we booked at.  Great service!

The room is lovely. Clean, good AC, bathtub, pretty comfy bed, coffee and tea station, etc. A bonus was the view. the 10 story building is the tallest in the area. Even our room on the 5th floor has a nice city view.

The location may seem a bit out of the way for some, but we liked it a lot. Its a 10 min walk to the super-western area where we stayed the night before, but its in a much more local area, with cambodian shops and restaurants. An improvement, at least for us, on the overpriced tourist bar frenzy we came from.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 3 December 2013

sorry to disappoint but we did not like our stay in the hotel - A/C
was not effective. Electricity board was naked open with wiring coming out
Black smoke stains in the ceiling. One of the LED light on ceiling was broken
making reading difficult. Breakfast seemed stale. Pics will be coming soon.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Piyushmail
Wellington, New Zealand
Reviewed 23 November 2013 via mobile

Ok hotel, wouldn't race back. It's a $2 tuk tuk ride to the river front. However, the staff were helpful and the rooms very clean. It is just the location that let's the place down. The walls are pretty thin, we were woken every day by people talking in the corridors.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Lauren C
cheshire
Reviewed 21 November 2013

Only spent one night here, would have enjoyed a little longer, the room was very spacious, very clean and comfortable, great view from the room, and the view from the restaurant. Was disappointed with breakfast, the tea was lemon I prefer normal tea, the coffee was to strong not much choice for foreigner travellor but apart from that this is a great hotel and I would stay again, the lady from reception who went out of her way, to check we had a pleasant stay was delightful. Thank you.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 November 2013 via mobile

I came to stay there from Oct 28, 2013 - Oct 31, 2013 as I had the overseas service trip.
I like the hotel as the staffs are friendly. My room is comfortable and clean, made me feel relaxing. Wifi is also provided and we can play computer at the lobby. Also, I like the breakfast at the restaurant on the rooftop, however Halal-foods (For Muslims) are not provided. So, the hotel must to do something about it. Also, I don't know why am I waiting for the elevator coming for so long.
Anyway, I like that hotel and I enjoyed stay there. Hope if I have another trip in Cambodia, I may come again. ^_^

Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
Weymouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed 6 November 2013 via mobile

We stayed for 3 nights. Superior room is spacious and clean. The bed was massive and comfy. Sheets clean and fresh towels every day. Female reception staff were helpful and friendly. One taught us how to speak some Khmer and how to cook the fried noodles at breakfast! Cockroaches may be present but I'd be surprised if any hotel for $30 per night in Asia didn't have a couple. Location is good and central to most sites. $3 tuk tuk to Riverfront or $23 for whole day. Not a bad start to a holiday.

• Stayed November 2013