“Good Value In A Quiet Area”
Review of Salita Hotel

Salita Hotel
Ranked #91 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 9 April 2014

Stayed here for 9 nights in April, 2014. Room 305 with breakfast. Paid $37 per night for 3 people. Very clean hotel. Good housekeeping staff. 2 computers in lobby with printer. Excellent WIFI throughout hotel.

Friendly, helpful staff at front desk. Hotel is in a residential neighborhood. Quiet at night depending on guests. One morning at 5 AM we had a Chinese gentleman jogging up and down the hallway outside our room in his flip-flops. Tub/ Shower. Secure room safe. No security issues whatsoever. Cable TV with English stations.

Breakfast was a disappointment. Little for the westerner to eat outside of toast and watermelon. All other dishes are rice and noodle based. The coffee could peel paint. Nice views from 10th floor dining room. S-21 about a mile south. Close to Sihanouk Blvd and shopping. Tuk to city center costs $3.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Michael R
There are newer reviews for Salita Hotel

Reviewed 26 March 2014 via mobile

Salita Hotel is not in the central tourist area but is located within walking distance of S-21 and the little socially responsible shops just outside. The hotel is clean and the staff friendly and helpful with reasonable English. The rooms were pretty much western standard for a good hotel and we had great views of the city from our 7th floor rooms and good a/c. My husband and I stayed here for 2 nights and had breakfast included. Breakfast was fine, a limited choice of 'Asian' and 'Continental', probably not really satisfying the bill for either! I would recommend staying here, friending on how important a central location is for you. It was perfect for us as a cool quiet rest after the business of Phnom Penh!

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank hannoodle
Reviewed 14 March 2014

I was stay in this hotel for 4 nights for business trip, the room was good, staffs friendly and helpful, tuk tuk available front the hotel, recommend tuk tuk driver Mr. Mab he is a good driver with acknowledgement street in Phnom Penh. The breakfast very small and much people in the morning and at night from the top. Good location and restaurant on the top 10 floors. Everything OK.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 11 March 2014

This was probably one of the cleanest and best smelling budget rooms we have ever had in Asia! And that is saying a lot lets be honest! I didn't personally love the decor - found it a bit dark & closed in at the lobby. The staff were always happy to help and had good English. The breakfast wasn't our favourite but there was really nothing wrong with it - fried rice, noodles etc the only thing we really ate was toast which was fine.
Would definitely stay here again if we returned to Phnom Penh.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 4 March 2014

Just stayed at this hotel room 702/602.
Checkin was excellent , they wre really busy at the desk but smiled, and checked me in in about 2 mins. Got an upgrade to deluxe.Bell boy was good.
The room was great for cleanliness, and big.
Breakfast is on the roof top and final access is by stairs but it is okay.So if you have probleems with stairs???
I could not get Wifi in tyhe room and was told laptops have a problrm, but telephone Ok.Reasonably true.
Full sizwe bath and shower over. Only problem is hot water runs out very quickly
Changed to room below, and exactly same problem.
Not best position either.
As great as the staff were would not stay here Aagain.

Room Tip: I cannot give a tip the o2 rooms would be great but effictively no wifi and limited hot water/
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 27 February 2014

Fantastic place to stay. Cheap, great staff, awesome rooms and good buffet breakfast. Only problem is its a little far away from everything. You can get a tuktuk to the riverside for like $3 or $4 american, so its still worth staying here

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 14 February 2014

My wife and I stayed at Salita for 3 nights and 2 days. After a lot of traveling through Vietnam and Cambodia we were ready for a good night's sleep. Not to mention I had recently gotten very sick, so I needed a quiet place to rest and a good atmosphere to recharge. Salita was like an oasis of peace in a town full of honking horns and blistering heat (I'm used to cold weather:).

We got a room on the 6th floor which had a very nice view of the city. The floor was quiet at all times, the rooms were clean, and for the price we felt we were receiving a great value for our money. The breakfast is served at the top floor which offered a pretty nice view of the city. The breakfast was not anything above average, but it was decent considering it's included in the price of the room. We were both pleasantly surprised after driving along the streets and seeing all the other hotel/hostel options, to come upon a tall building that looked relatively newly constructed. The lobby was clean and spacious and the the entire staff seemed very polite and eager to help make our stay as comfortable as possible.

Like I said earlier, I was just starting to get sick when we arrived at Salita. I needed to see a doctor right away. The reception helped us find one nearby and told us the approximate cost (which was accurate). I visited a "doctor" that was working at a pharmacy 1/2 block down the road. The doctor was not what I expected. When I walked in to the pharmacy he was watching a live kickboxing match and drinking a soda. Regardless of how different the experience would have been from my home in the USA, the doctor helped me that night and I did get better shortly there after. I was very thankful the Salita helped me find a doctor that was close by and able to help.

We will stay here again when we go back to Phnom Penh.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on one of the higher floors as there are great views available.
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple