“Great location but unfriendly staff”

NaNa Hotel & Caffe Restaurant
Ranked #147 of 272 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 14 September 2013

It was rather dirty as we found not just one, but several small bugs and roaches within the room itself. It had hence seriously affected our sleep quality.

Still, at only USD$20+ for a night with breakfast for two, it is a steal as it is in a fantastic location with close proximity to the Central Market and Sorya Shopping Center.

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank kaiyung
There are newer reviews for NaNa Hotel & Caffe Restaurant

Reviewed 2 September 2013

Stayed here one night in August. Could have been 10 nights if OK, but the aircon was very noisy and did not do much cooling. The walls of the room were dirty especially near the light switches. The staff were polite and for $19 with breakfast thrown in it was OK, but then I did only stay one night!! and moved to what I hoped would be better accommodation. The area is a little nosy as well, located near street 51 with all its night life if that is your thing.

Room Tip: Near the back as less noisy and in the 'A' section.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank dalux_amari
Reviewed 5 June 2013

I have had quite average experience with NaNa Hotel. The beginning was a bit annoying as I have told them about my early morning arrival. I've been in hotel by 7am and they made me wait for over 2 hours for check in. I was upset, tired and had a need to use shower, but no avail. After that my stay was ok., staff was very unobtrusive and room been big and bed comfortable. This is not a cheap hotel, so poor quality internet speed, if at all sometimes, was a bit of a downside. Also I found ants wondering around room and once left open can of coke for half an hour and ants found a way inside the can... do I have to tell how unaware I've been when taking a sip. On the other hand their food at breakfast was good, and if you felt the need of having a local girlfriend you could always accommodate her without a problem. Also hotel is in the centre with big market and shopping centre being close, as well as for night life just quick stroll down the road for clubs, restaurants and everything night life in Phnom Penh can offer.

Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 29 May 2013

Iv said in a previous review under Circuit Hotel some of the good parts will this review will look at some of the more average aspects of what I encountered over a combined 6 week stay
Yes some of rooms are dirty ,a bit casually cleaned ,
some of my laundry can back not much cleaner than when I sent it
Rooms by street are noisy
some of rooms are near A/C compressors mounted to the outside wall hense they are noisy and you only seam to notice at night once the background noise of the city is reduced
Key security my key could open more than one room!!!!!!! as I found out by mistake
Money went missing out of a guests room they reviewed good camera footage of the hallway outside and and found no one had entered except the service staff
Common sense about locking luggage and securing valuables I had no problems
Once staff see you with the same girl a few times they sometimes let her upstairs which they SHOULD NOT do unless you have instructed them to do so or you enter the hotel with them
on the flip side they always with check with you that the girl can leave hotel
As for booking room online THAT WAS A JOKE I brought printed emails saying that they had the room I requested reserved for
I turn up no one knows anything about it
BUT I LOVE THE LOCATION
I HAVE FUN AND JOKE WITH THE STAFF
TEACHING ME KHMER
all what I describe becomes minor when you get immersed in the Cambodian people and the vibe of Phnom Penh There lives just everything
I JUST LOVE ALL OF IT
Il be back at this hotel in August for the 3rd time in 7 months
THAT SAYS IT ALL

Room Tip: ask to inspect the room and view a few of the rooms one persons palace is another's dump ea...
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 17 May 2013

The hotel is 8 min walk to central market and 15 min to river side and 3 min to bar streets
Clean room but small is ok cause the price is 25usd and free fast wifi too
Breakfast is poor and not better try near by hotel have Combodia was prefer.
Will stay again if come back.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 May 2013

I stayed here for 2 nights. I've been given the last room from the balcony. My room was quite small but it's ok for me as i was a single guest. There are windows in my room but it was facing the kitchen from the building next door. My toilet smell like sewer..it was the worst for all my experience staying in here. 5 minutes walk to Central Market. But the restaurant and the food was quite nice.

Room Tip: Choose a room near the balcony so u can sit and see the outside view while surfing the net.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 28 April 2013

I usually stay at the hotel a few doors down but it was full when i arrived so i walked and found nana. First impressions are lasting. Staff lack any sense of customer service and act like its a real inconvenience you are present. I usually walk out but i had travelled all day and needed a rest. $25 for a pokey little room with no window, no fridge and a lack of care shows on the crumbling paint and decor. Brekfast is included if you like rice with fried egg. I wont stay here again and i believe the room is only worth $10.

• Stayed: April 2013