Review Highlights
Mind-blowing & breathtaking travel experience

Well, I must sit down for a moment, take a break as a busy photographer for few minutes and write... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago
unnurmagna
Reykjavik, Iceland
Simply Fantastic!

I’ve just finished Nathan’s Myanmar tour today and all I can say is wow! As a novice photographer I... read more

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

from US$59.00
from US$15.00
from US$26.00
More Info
All reviews photography tour camera settings professional photographer photographic opportunities cambodia tour great photos practical advice avoid crowds felt safe and relaxed sharp eye photo tips his passion local guide fabulous trip small group take photos amazing country
Reviewed 25 February 2018

Amazing, fabulous,memorable... the most fantastic experience !!! I have just returned from a 2 week photography tour of Cambodia. Nathan's knowledge and research of Cambodia makes this trip unique as he shares his secrets to achieving the best images possible. The workshops are very informative and Nathan gives advice and support on all levels of photography. Everyone is made to feel comfortable and are encouraged to experiment with camera settings to stretch their abilities. I really hope to do more photography tours with Nathan in the near future.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 24 February 2018 via mobile

I’ve just completed a 2 week photography trip with Nathan Horton in Cambodia. This is the best way, without a doubt to see Cambodia with a camera. Nathan has spent over 10 years building up trust with the locals; he knows monks, nuns, farmers, market vendors, great restaurants, and many wonderful grannies,all who adore Nathan! He knows how to get in the back door, how to be there in the best light, and how to avoid crowds. He is an excellent teacher, with great knowledge of cameras and of post production. He shares many secret tips and sincerely wants his clients to take great photos. This was my second trip with Nathan and I hope to do more. I highly recommend him.
Gillian Watson

Date of experience: February 2018
1  Thank Gillian W
Reviewed 6 February 2018

This was one of the most memorable trips I have ever taken! Myanmar was on my bucket list for a long time so my expectations were high, but Nathan's trip literally blew them all out the water!

Nathan makes no apologies for taking everyone 'back to basics' at the start of the trip - this allows us to make sure we're all on the same page, but also for him to start assessing our level of experience. He is one of the most patient teachers and very clear in his explanations. He is keen to show his work, but there is absolutely no ego attached to his man, which is saying something given the calibre of what we saw! He was more than approachable throughout the trip for question after question and was also keen to make sure we understood as much as possible about post processing.

As for the organisation within the trip - this almost has to be seen to be believed. Absolutely seamless. Our local guide, Tun, was instrumental in making so much of this happen and was an absolute dream on the trip. Nothing was too much trouble for this man!

The schedule was PACKED but with SO much brilliant stuff! We were taken to some of the most remote places I have even been - the interactions with the local tribes were truly special moments and ones I feel privileged to have had.

Last but not least, this trip has truly changed my attitude towards photography. Predominately through watching Nathan work, seeing his passion and interaction with his subjects, but also his explanation of how he allows the camera to be a 'key' to unlocking situations that you would never have had otherwise. I genuinely feel this has changed me as a photographer and hopefully, reflected in some of my now, most treasured images.

Massive thanks Nathan for what you do and what you offer on your tours. See you in Nepal!!!

Date of experience: January 2018
Reviewed 6 January 2018

I have chanced to join few tours of NHP in India, Indonesia, Myanmar and Cambodia and I was back home with a lot of great experience, great pictures/video and a very different way to see outside the world.

All tours are amazing. Nathan will bring you many many chance to engage with the local people, cultures and photography opportunities at every single place you travel. Nathan is so proactive in making the chance on photography. He stopped at anytime on the road if he saw something interested by chance that not included in itinerary. Also, He has some special network with local people as he has known them for years and they all welcome us with the smile and very friendly for us to take the photos, especially in Cambodia where it has been a second homeland of Nathan.

The size of the group is also ideally for you to interact and make friends each other. You not only learn from Nathan but also from other photographers of the group. They are so friendly and open to share.

Don’t worry about your photography level… I am just a beginner but my skill is much more better now after the trips. You will feel more confident with camera after 1st day training and Nathan is always be there at the spot to help when you are photographing, So don’t hesitate to ask him. And don’t miss his light room training section as he shared you all tips for post production. Yes, Nathan is always ready to share all his skills and techniques.

One thing, You just need to be very healthy before join the tour as you need some early wake up for sunrise to catch up the right time - right place moments at almost of the tours.

Thu Lib

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 27 December 2017

I have had three tours with Nathan Horton. India, Vietnam and Cambodia. Each was a unique experience. I learned a great deal and came home with wonderful photos. My friends inquire as to when i will publish or open a gallery. Nathan is a very good teacher. He is a fun person to be with and he has a passion for photography. As a teacher he is more than willing to share everything he knows. He is not in the least bit arrogant. His passion lies in photographing people. He is very good at it. He is very engaging and persistent without being obnoxious. His most unique trait is his ability to make something happen if opportunities are not readily obvious. So if you arrive at a scene which could be improved by having local people in it, he will find them. If he has been to the location before he may very well know people which can make for a unique cultural experience as often the people he knows will invite him and his group into their homes. Taking photos of strangers does not come naturally to me and many others but Nathan knows how to do it and I learned a great deal. Word of warning, he loves to take photos which means he will be taking pictures as well. So if you are of the view that photo tour leaders should only teach and not take pictures, don't sign up with Nathan. In my view I would rather be with someone who is into the moment as much as I and not a professor. He is willing to give a lot of personal attention but it helps to let him know and don't be shy about asking for help.

Date of experience: November 2017