“perfect for a few nights”
Review of Long Lin House

Long Lin House
Long Lin House
Ranked #122 of 334 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 19 March 2014

the location is great if you want to go out drinking down street 172 where all the bars and clubs are, I only stayed for one night as I usually stay somewhere else but thought I would check it out before heading to sihanoukville, very relaxed guesthouse as soon as I arrived they took me to my room, and booked my bus to sihanoukville, restaurant/bar is very cheap and burger and beer for about $3.50, room was reasonable for only $7 had tv and private shower/toilet, night security too, although its stated that no guests allowed back they didn't have any problem when I did

the shower was just a tin shed inside the room and the floor in the shower was just bare concrete, and was really tiny, but for 7dollars and for only 1 night and with the excellent customer service I had no problem with it and would stay again

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo

Reviewed 3 February 2014 via mobile

We paid $7 a night for a double room at Longlin I, having booked before arriving in the city. We were given a windowless room with a fan (the 2nd room downstairs), which didn't look too bad upon first inspection. However as evening came, we found the room to be crawling with cockroaches, ants and millipedes. It was noisy, both during the night and early in the morning due to it's proximity to go kitchen. The worst part was that it was unbearably hot and stuffy with no ventilation, causing us to wake through the night and feel sick. We moved elsewhere the next day. Good location and lounge/restaurant area, but check the room first! And don't take this one.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sam S
Reviewed 30 January 2014 via mobile

In Phnom penh you get what you pay for, for that matter, this is also true for most other places. For $10/night we got a double room with good hot shower, a massive double and huge single bed, cable TV, 2 fans and an en -suite. Pretty good for your money. On the negative side, the room could have been cleaner (hair and used razor swept from the bedroom floor) and the bathroom could be a little nicer (broken sink that poured water on the floor and broken shower head which made for an entertaining shower). This was good budget accommodation with a superb restaurant and bar downstairs. I would stay here again.

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Rob S
Reviewed 29 January 2014

This guest house was average but in a great location. The rooms were average but the bathrooms were a bit poor. The staff were great and the food was good. We had our tuk tuk driver chang who was Lee's friend who took us every where. Would defineltey stay again!!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 January 2014

The hostel has a fine location near the Palace, Silver Pagoda and riverside bars. The attached restaurant has nice food and an awesome happy hour. We had a double on the ground floor, in the hallway leading up to the kitchen, stuffy and smelly. Couldn't wait to get out of the room. Not to clean either, shabby bathroom. Some staff members weren't to friendly, this was however compensated by others. Plus the price was right.

Room Tip: Avoid ending up in one of the three rooms adjacent to the hallway leading up to the kitchen
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 January 2014

I stumbled across this place for a late dinner. The atmosphere is great with plants and mood lighting on the sidewalk and lots of hand-written notes on the walls. Yes, the service sucks. I arrived at night so I’m assuming the five guys on duty had already worked a 12-hour shift so I wasn’t too upset that I had to flag them down to get my drinks and food. A plate of spaghetti is $3.50 and a large bottle of local water is only $.50. So, the food is quite cheap, the location is great, and street-watching is good. Lots of backpackers too. It’s across the street from a small restaurant called “Dine in the Dark.”

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

Stayed here as the cheapest option we could find. Double private room with own bathroom $7. Nice balcony but not very clean. Hammocks and chairs (dusty). In fact questionable cleanliness throughout guesthouse - piles of rubbish, smell of raw sewage (not uncommon in Cambodia with drain issues). Our room was very basic, bathroom was shoebox sized waterproofed by Lino stapled to the walls. Noise was an issue at night at times. Crazy stairs to get up to our level. Staff were friendly. No clean towels or bedding the entire week we stayed. Actually pretty scruffy towel to start with so I used my own. Booked ongoing bus to siem reap which turned out to be pretty dodgy, very run down and dangerous driver, hard to breath as dust filled the bus the entire way and the windows were non opening. One plus is a decent location. Walking distance to most tourist attractions. Mini marts close by.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple