“Gratitude”
Review of NataRaj Yoga

NataRaj Yoga
More attraction details
Owner description: NataRaj Yoga offers daily Yoga and Pilates classes for all abilities.Various types of Yoga are offered includingYoga Flow a dynamic,challenging yet fun Yoga class.Yoga in Depth a slow paced Yoga classes with inspiration from Iyengar Yoga.Ahstanga Yoga the traditional early morning primary series from Mysore. All the instructors are fully qualified, professional and friendly.As well as a public studio NataRaj Yoga is also a small NGO, training some young Khmers to become Yoga teachers. These young people are teaching Yoga to kids at various NGO schools and orphanages in Phnom Penh.NataRaj Yoga is also working to use Yoga as therapy and is working with other NGOs to bring Yoga therapy to Cambodia.The public Yoga classes support the NGO projects.
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Love to live in the environment of supporting & helping to other. NataRaj not just a first qualified studio in Cambodia but all the profit from this studio is to support the outreach program of Krama Yoga Cambodia NGO which support all the Cambodian street kids, trafficking, violence... to have the opportunity to see the beauty & joy in their life.

I'm so proud to have the opportunities to be part of this service. With this 6 year experience i would like to thanks to the founder Isabelle Skabruskis, the Cambodian team, the expats team and to all friends & visitor who has been visit, taken class, volunteer, review about the work we are bringing toward this Cambodia country. May peace withing us, peace around the world.

Namaste,
Pi

2  Thank Piseth L

Reviewed 7 April 2014

NataRaj Yoga studio is well organised, offers versatile and professional yoga classes for all levels with high qualities mats available for use, storage space for your things, and a shower facility for after class. It's easy to access (walking distance) if you're staying on the popular backpacker area of street 278 and even though the class costs around $9, it's definitely worth it to feel better in your mind, body, and spirit.

1  Thank KamAndYann
Reviewed 6 April 2014

Being a Yoga teacher myself I like to find somewhere I can practice whilst I am travelling through Sth East Asia.
After googling "Yoga" in Phnom Penh I was excited to find Nataraj Yoga, in which proceeds fund an NGO prgram which provides yoga lessons and also teacher training to local Cambodians some of whom become teachers, breaking the cycle of possibly other detrimental types of future....
So not only did I do an enjoyable Flow class, I was able to teach a class, where all the profits raised go directly to the NGO program. The class was full so I was really happy that I could help in some small way!
I have read other reviews so would like the chance to respond:
The facilities are great, the change area is large, clean ideal.
The toilets are also a high standard.
There is a community space in which free water,wifi and tea is availible. You cn also buy fresh coconut juice and arrange delicious vegetarian food to be delivered.
The studio itself is well equipped with very nice mats and props,
The teachers are all lovely, passionate and professional, either volunteering their skills or local Cambodians, trained through the NGO program.
Yoga is about kindness, compassion, awareness and means, Union. What better place to practice your Asanas, whilst knowing that your money is not only going towards making you a "better- person/practioner, whatever" it is aslo helping within a community that otherwise would have no exposure to the wonderful benefits of yoga!!!!
Suppport the local community and try Nataraj Yoga!!!!

Reviewed 31 December 2013

I took several classes at this studio while staying in Phnom Penh. The previous year I took a weekend workshop with a teacher visiting from the US. The different yoga classes are very well-taught and good for beginners as well as for regular practicioners like myself. I love the studio facilities - outdoors but covered and you can hear the neighbourhood sounds while you practice. The teachers are competent and diverse and I like that there are Cambodians as well as ex-pats working there. This studio was one of the first to get established in the city and has a good reputation. I recommend it for visitors as well as for residents.

1  Thank Jay V