“Interesting place”
Review of Alley Cat Cafe - CLOSED

Alley Cat Cafe
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Dining options: After-hours, Breakfast, Delivery
Description: We look forward to welcoming you at Tacos Kokopelli Mexican Restaurant (previously Alley Cat Cafe). Kokopelli is a humpbacked flute playing fertility deity who presides over agriculture, especially the corn and flour that are the basis for our tortillas. Come and enjoy fresh local Cambodian ingredients in authentic Mexican dishes, or enjoy Kokopelli's trickster side in Asian fusion that pairs the most delicious regional dishes with Mexican presentations. Kokopelli's musical nature is manifested in our weekly Sunday Sundowner Sessions jam and open mic hosted by Joe Wrigley, and LIVE music nights on Fridays. At Tacos Kokopelli we are committed to doing what's right for the environment, not because it's trendy or hip, but because it's the right thing to do. Our menu showcases fresh local produce, focusing on sustainable meats and including vegetarian and vegan options. We are not using plastic water bottles, and will be offering free chilled water instead. Our lighting is comprised of low energy and LED bulbs and we are reducing our energy use wherever possible. Our used oil goes to Naga biofuels for safe recycling, and all our cans and paper / cardboard is recycled too. For delivery we will use biodegradable containers in place of styrofoam, and we think that's a very good thing, and hope you do too! See you soon at Tacos Kokopelli.
Reviewed 4 September 2013

Went to Alley Cat Cafe as it's located beside the Blue Lime Hotel which I was staying in May. However, due to the warm weather and ithe place is non-airconditioned, I decided to do a take-awayinstead. The cafe is dark with very minimal deco but I like the wall pic of Tom & his friends relaxing (Tom as in Tom & Jerry). But the staff are very friendly and i enjoyed chatting with them while waiting for my food to be ready. And there's a not so friendly dog there which belongs to the cafe.

Reviewed 20 August 2013

I came here specifically for the weekly (Tuesday) rib special and I'm glad I did... they were juicy, tender and smothered in a tangy BBQ sauce - obviously not store-bought. Each week, they have different side dish offerings, I got the mac 'n cheese and corn on the cob - delish!

My only gripe would be that spirits do not come with mixer - they're purchased separately, but no reason to dock the rating. I was more than satisfied with the meal, drinks and service. I would return again, for sure.

Reviewed 5 August 2013

Tucked away down a small alley which is next to the Blue lime hotel (Which is also nice I stayed there) It offers a variety of food from burgers, tacos, chillie and all sorts of other things. It is a small cafe but prices are reasonable.

Within minutes of walking in the door I was greeted and asked if I wanted a drink. Then I ordered my food and it was also quick and delicious. Portions are satisfying and the staff also speak good english.

It is also a good place to just go for a drink as well as there is a nice small bar which is lit quite well and has a comfy feel to it.

One bit of advice is to not to try and find this by walking. Get a form of transport to it as it is very deceptive as to where it is. I got lost on the way there and back so

Also these guys also do delivery which can be done so by using this website http://www.yourphnompenh.com/

Reviewed 31 July 2013

Next door to Blue Lime Hotel. Good variety of asian & western food & drinks, reasonably priced. Staff very helpful & their english is good.

Reviewed 30 July 2013

Went after seeing a plug on the internet,took me a age to find and im glad i did carry on my quest to find this cafe bar.the ribs on the internet looked great,in real life they were to die for.place was packed,maybe 10 eating and 5 drinking round the cosy bar,ill be telling allmy friends cheers.