“Spoilt by Hotel Policy”

Ranked #39 of 318 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Nha Trang, Khanh Hoa, Vietnam
“Spoilt by Hotel Policy”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 September 2013

Having stayed at Number 9 one year ago, my wife and I decided that this would be a good base for our visit.
A $25 per night for a twin room, the hotel offers good value for money.
For a hotel this size the facilities are second to none with an open air jacuzzi on the roof and 2 well apointed bars.
Both times our rooms were clean and a good size.
The one issue that reduced my rating was the policy towards payment.
On arrival, I offered my card for payment and was told to pay at the end of my stay - no problem.
Later that night i visited the bar and at the end of the evening tried to pay cash. They have no change and tell me to put it on the room. Again no problem.
Next morning they awaken my wife asking for my card - I am already away. On my return I go to show my card but they are too busy for me. No problem.
That night I am able to put drinks from one bar on the bill but not from the other.
The hotel has this policy that payment is to suit the hotel not the guest. One minute a tab is OK, next its cash only, but when you try to pay cash they have no change. This became crazy enough for us to change hotel

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (55)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Vietnamese first
Yangon (Rangoon), Myanmar
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Since middle of this year, I stay in this hotel whenever I am in Phnom Penh. The location is good, just a walk away from the Royal Palace. The rooms are clean, service is good, the staff are always smiling and courteous. As my work requires shuttling between Cambodia and Vietnam.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Jay S
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 August 2013

My girlfriend and I had chosen this place to stay shortly in Phnom Penh.

Everything looked as great as on the pictures, with clean and comfortable room & bathroom, trendy and convivial bar/restaurant. The staff was very friendly and even helped us when my phone was stolen (pay attention to your stuff in Phnom Penh since motorcycles are hanging around, trying to spot tourists and to snatch phones or bags).

However, we felt safe within the hostel and I was very satisfied of it. Perfectly located close to Riverside, the Royal Palace and every other "must see" monument in Phnom Penh.

I'd recommend this place without any doubt if you need a place to stay in PP.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Luxembourg City, Luxembourg
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

If you are going around Cambodia with a backpack this is a great place to stay in Phnom Penh. It is located within walking distance to the city center and compared to some other establishments on the same street it looks stunning. The bar downstairs looks like a modern bar in any European city. The food is great and the staff is really friendly. The owner helped us with planning the rest of our trip. Most of all the place is clean and safe. There are several guesthouses on the street but the street was getting very quiet after 10 p.m. Rooftop bar is great to enjoy evening drink before hitting the town.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Piotr S
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 August 2013

Two for one cocktails 4-8pm nice cocktails small but strong, roof top pool is lovely, clean, nice setting, smaller sized pool so during peak season may get very crowed but I really enjoyed it because its warmer than a normal pool so to relax in the evening is very nice. The staff are friendly and seem quite helpful with the inquires we had. The room is clean with a very large bed, flat screen t.v. on arrival we inquired about breakfast and the receptionist gave us a small breakfast menu where you pick one meal and one drink for $3.50US When we went down for breakfast they gave us a big menu and a sheet with the specials on it. we had to ask if we could order off the menu we had been given the day before, this wasn't a problem but it pays to ask as it works out cheaper than ordering the items individually off the big menu. If you like soups for breakfast I recommend the fish borbor (broth with rice, shiitake mushrooms, bean sprouts and your choice of meat/fish) We had a room on the 2nd floor with a window facing in to the corridor and no window facing out side which we thought would be fine to eliminate noise but the corridor was very noisy early in the morning with guests going for breakfast and the corridor light is on all night which comes through the curtains. Other than that we enjoyed our stay and would return (requesting a better room)

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Kibok E
San Francisco, California
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I stayed here with two other females in their triple room for three nights. The first night was a nightmare as there were incredibly rowdy guests staying next door and when we politely asked them to keep it down, the (drunk) guest got very belligerent...when you're a 120lb female facing a 200+ lb drunk guy at 3am it can be a little scary. Another woman had joined us in our complaint and, after the guest got increasingly aggressive, revealed that she was the owner of the hotel and kicked them out the next morning. So that was nice. However, even then I found the hotel to be loud. I also noticed a lot of the guests of the hotel were blatantly exploiting very young Khmer women. It was pretty outraging to watch and it definitely gave the hotel a creepy/seedy vibe. I wouldn't recommend this place for families..at all. For three women traveling together it was fine. The doors were double-bolted and there were bars over the windows. The bar had some pretty good frozen fruity drink-things and the location was as safe as Phnom Penh gets. But I wouldn't stay here again. The guests entertaining prostitutes was a deal-breaker for me.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Sheena S
San Francisco Area
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 August 2013

Stayed one night here. The rooms were satisfactory. The staff was courteous. Happy hour specials are a good deal, 2 for 1. Quiet at night. Good location to major sites. Cheap massage places on the same street.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends