“"Fantastic boutique hotel"”
Review of White Mansion

White Mansion
Ranked #7 of 276 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 25 August 2014

5 star hotel. The rooms are beautiful and well appointed. Amazing, curving staircase to each floor that was so beautiful, Large attractive, well-appointed room, terrific balcony on the top floor..The service is absolutely excellent, and the owner works hard to make every guest feel personally welcomed and taken care of.Great breakfast,

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank micky1958
GM-WM, General Manager at White Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 26 August 2014

Dear Micky,

Thank you so much for taking the time to write a wonderful review regarding your most recent stay at White Mansion, historical home in Phnom Penh.

We are glad you enjoyed a great service and I shared your nice words with all our team! I am also very pleased to see you enjoyed our new breakfast from Maison Eric Kayser, famous French baker.

We all look forward to seeing you again on your next visit in our beautiful Kingdom of Wonders.

Reviewed 24 August 2014

Great small hotel. Gorgeous building with great history and atmosphere, updated with just the right touches to make it an upscale, modern haven. Amazing, curving staircase to each floor that was so beautiful we consistently avoided the elevator. Large, attractive, well-appointed room, terrific balcony on the top floor with views over the city. The service is absolutely excellent, and the owner works hard to make every guest feel personally welcomed and taken care of. This place is a great find, and I was proud of myself for saving a lot of money on this hotel while still loving the experience.

Ditto on the other reviews regarding the great breakfast. It was excellent and entirely made to order, as opposed to the standard buffet we've come to expect. That was a nice touch, all the way to the specialty coffee.

We'd stay here again in a heartbeat. Nice to leave a place at the end of your stay and know you made a great choice.

Room Tip: Fourth floor requires you can walk up one flight of stairs.
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank DaveMom

Dear Dave,

What a beautiful review of White Mansion, historical Residence of the American embassy, thank you very much! It is my belief that a vacation is so much more than visiting a new destination; it is a chance to rejuvenate.

I am so pleased to hear that your stay allowed you to spend such a memorable time in Phnom Penh. We do pride ourselves in being a historical property with a fascinating story, and I am glad that you appreciated that our rooms reflect just that.

And for the super breakfast, special thanks to the famous French baker Eric Kayser who chose White Mansion to settle in our beautiful Kingdom!

Thank you, again, and we look forward to serving you in the future.

Ms. Sokha Meu

Reviewed 24 August 2014

The White Mansion hotel is the most prestigious Boutique Hotel I have EVER stayed in. Book it now!cThe staff are excellent and would easily work in a 5 star hotel.

The rooms are beautiful and well appointed. The roof must be 6 meters high with isolating fans gently cooling the room, this must have been a grand Mansion in it's day!
There is air con was located away from the bed so it wasn't belting cold air on me.

My room had 2 televisions, one facing the bed and another facing the sofa. The mini bar is well stocked and the soda is free.....free!!

The bed was very comfortable and although my room faced the street I didn't hear any street noise They also supply a docking station in the room for your Ipod or Iphone which is a great touch. There is also a well appointed work station.

Honestly, the rooms are superb!

There is also a grand staircase (or elevator) to get to your room with artwork and fabric draped form the ceiling in the hall ways.

Breakfast is served in a side room overlooking the street, it is exceptionally clean and the staff are attentive and the service excellent. There isn't a large offering for breakfast although its ample and the quality of food is very, very, good (More bacon PLEASE!)

There is a bakery in the breakfast room with bread and pastry for sale.....the bread I purchased for lunch was eaten within 30 minutes of finishing breakfast....it tasted so good I couldn't wait!!!
If The White Mansion is within your budget book it now before it's sold out. You will be very, very, pleased with your choice.

I have now recommended 2 hotels in Phnom Penh, both are exceptional hotels and I would gladly stay at either....although The White Mansion is my fist choice in Phnom Penh now.

On a side note - 24 hours before I flew into Phnom Penh my flight was postponed by 90 minutes. This made attending a business meeting at 5.00pm difficult. I notified the hotel of my delayed arrival and requested a quick check in and iron and ironing board in the room to press my shirt. Check in was done in seconds and everything was in place for me to quickly press my clothing and leave.

Obviously they knew my schedule was tight and to my surprise they had the hotel car and driver waiting to take me to my meeting....absolutely unbelievable pro active service!!

I love this hotel and cannot wait to travel to Phnom Penh again, just to stay at The White Mansion Hotel.

I stay in hotels all over South East Asia on a regular basis.
The White Mansion is the best boutique hotel I have ever stayed in. If you have read this review and are looking to stay at a hotel in Phnom Penh, please book The White Mansion hotel now, you will be very, very, pleased with this hotel!

Room Tip: be polite!!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled on business
3  Thank Greg S
GM-WM, General Manager at White Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 24 August 2014

Dear Greg,

Thank you for your detailed feedback regarding your recent stay at our Historical residence, and I am very happy to hear that you had such a fantastic time with us! It is our commitment that every one of our valued guests receive personalized service and attention so that they may have a truly memorable stay, even if only for one night. Glad to hear you enjoyed the room as well, and I sincerely hope you come back and visit us again soon on your next business trip to Phnom Penh.

All our young team thanks you for choosing White Mansion.

Reviewed 22 August 2014

This converted white house mansion is a lovely colonial style hotel. top service and design make it a luxury retreat from the heat and traffic of phnom penh. Good location near the riverfront and behind royal palace. not an ideal street setting, but the hotel is good. $120 for a double room.
Great breakfast, lovely pool, big comfortable rooms. Well recommended

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
GM-WM, General Manager at White Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 23 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comment.

Reviewed 20 August 2014 via mobile

This is really swesome! Big room, clean bathroom,helpful staff who always smile to you. Thank you for Indochina Odyssey Tours arranged this hotel for me and my friend. Love their breakfast, must live here again next time!

• Stayed: August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Indeed, you are right, we try to make as much attention as possible to our Guests and their well being. We are a little family hotel but we try to make everyone comfortable, like at home.

I am glad you enjoyed our breakfast from Maison Eric Kayser, famous French baker.

Thanks you for taking the time to write your kind words following your recent stay at the historical White Mansion. I was delighted that you enjoyed all the facilities and most importantly the service we provided you with. I have passed on your comments to our team and Indochina Odyssey Tours.

We are all waiting for you!

Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

I have travel to many country in the world White mansion hotel is located midle of the city 500 meter from Royal palace very helpful stuff nice room and super breakfast hope next tripe i will stay at there a gaint.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Meas S
GM-WM, General Manager at White Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 18 August 2014

Dear Mr S. Meas,

Thanks you to you for your kind review. We are delighted to see that you enjoyed your stay in our lovely former Residence of the American Embassy. I will share all your kind words with my team with a great pleasure, they are doing a very good job. I am proud of our people, a real Cambodian family.

We all hope to see you again in the near future for a peaceful retreat at White Mansion.

Reviewed 15 August 2014

White Mansion is a delightful boutique hotel centrally located in the bustling city. It has large, clean rooms, and trendy pool area, but nothing compares to wonderful, accommodating, and helpful staff. Exhausted after a long travel day they welcomed us with drinks, cool towels, and a map to orientate ourselves.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
GM-WM, General Manager at White Mansion, responded to this reviewResponded 16 August 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your comment.