“Awesome cupcakes and good espresso”
Review of Bloom Cafe & Training Centre - CLOSED

Bloom Cafe & Training Centre
Price range: £1 - £4
Cuisines: Cafe
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Description: Try our edible art in the form of premium celebration cakes, cupcakes (gluten free cupcakes available!) and cookies. Our stunning signature cakes, cupcakes and cookies are baked fresh daily on the premises, and are even available in special takeaway gift boxes. Enjoy a fresh smoothie, barista coffee or TWG tea while sampling an array of delicious treats at our cool cafe. You can even bring your laptop and plug into our free wi-fi. Glow is also a training centre that provides vocational training and employment opportunities for Cambodian women.
Reviewed 18 July 2016 via mobile

We were close by to this cafe so decided to drop in one afternoon. I chose a peanut butter cupcake and my sister chose oreo cookies and cream. They were both cheesecakes so they had dense consistences, but tasted decadent and packed a good sugar rush. I would try all the cupcakes if they could, all the flavours seemed really good. Including traditional stuff like red velvet, but also fancy creations including coconut or a 'jam donut' one.

The two cupcakes cost something like $3.25, which is not bad because the cupcakes were thick and tasty.

Also, the espresso was really worth it.

The decor is cute and there are some big wedding/birthday cakes on display.

We were the only ones there at around 3pm.

Date of visit: July 2016

Reviewed 14 June 2016 via mobile

My niece and I visited Bloom today! It was so tasty! I loved the cupcakes. The shop is so cute! We loved looking at all the amazing cakes they make.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 9 June 2016

Expect food service and a terrific place to relax and cool off.
Fabulous array of colourful cupcakes, a myriad of flavours and another venue that trains staff in customer service. Highly recommended.

Date of visit: February 2016
Reviewed 9 June 2016

their cupcakes looks delicious and is. the service we got this time was warm and fast responding.

But however be very mindful when you try to book a cake order for your child's birthday. You are asked your specifications and wants for your cake order that you are going to pay for. in this initial meeting Bloom Cafe representatives also inform you of their limitations - which is fair.
When the order is then completed and it is wrong, instead you are told that you are unreasonable and you placed them under allot of pressure and the next time if ever you ordered you will be have to sign off agreement for each item as discussed (to my knowledge, that is what the meeting was about - to mutually discuss the requests, concerns and limitations and then mutually agreeing) where the fault crept in, i would presume is they changed representatives halfway through the order and the old one might not have passed on all the instructions.
i still don't have an issue even with that - however, when the mistake is pointed out by the customer AT COLLECTION time, the staff get snarky and have an attitude saying it's the customer's fault. Where in fact they should just have admitted their mistake and given the customer a discount, because it cannot be fixed anymore.

that being said - it happened trice in a row. (1) the name board for my son's name was supposed to be purple - it ended up bright pink ....?
(2) it was suggested (by the representative) that a nice neat hidden triangle will be at the top of the board with stars on wires emerging from that..... it turned out to be a big (ugly looking) square of yellow (yellow was NO WHERE used in the colour scheme)
(3) i asked for 6 extra cupcakes and put them in a separate box. They were added on the entire board. - i wanted cupcakes for us at home not just the party kids.

all of these can still be forgiven, heck it's not so bad - but what was unforgivable, was the owner - Ruth calling me afterward, calling me names and telling me that I am the one that put so much pressure on her staff, and that they are a training company, and i should just accept what i get... I was dumbstruck - i couldn't believe my ears. Is this like saying -- uhhmm hello i will give you my money and you can make what ever the hell you want with it? .... kinda sounds that way to me!
I know they have done some big projects for important clients - so my only conclusion was that if you are a small fry client, you do not get the same respect. Goodness knows if these errors happened to one of her important clients AT the time of delivery if she still would have addressed her clients in that way.

i get it - they are a training store, but then every encounter and every order is part of the training process. The correct way to handle it Ruth, would have been to train your staff how to handle a mishap when it happens. Prevention is better than a cure - so if there's more than 1 representative on an order, have them sign off on the job. it's all a training opportunity - not dump it on the client opportunity!!!

i will not order from Bloom again - there are other cupcake places now in PNH available that also does a great form of cupcake art.

Date of visit: April 2016
Reviewed 29 May 2016

Get the Mars milkshake. As far as the cupcakes, you absolutely cannot go wrong. The service is warm, welcoming and precise. Do not miss this place.

Date of visit: May 2016