“OK; needs improvement”

Golden Noura Villa
Ranked #170 of 327 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
“OK; needs improvement”
Reviewed 10 August 2013 via mobile

the location is great, the rooms are clean, and the staff very friendly (most of them can speak good English). It's good value as it's so cheap... However...

The breakfast was poor (in choice and, although it 'runs' until 10, it was all gone by 9).

Also, the noise in a morning (very early) is really annoying, whether it be construction next door, or cleaning staff 'talking' (nay, shouting) with each other outside your room

• Stayed August 2013

Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (19)
  • Thai first
New Delhi, India
Reviewed 13 July 2013

Room was large, but a bit noisy due to several dogs barking late at night. The included breakfast was a joke. At check in, we were given a slip for a Buffet starting at 0700. The next morning, at 0700, we were downstairs, and noticed that there were no other guests, and there was no buffet. The Desk clerk said 5 minutes, but 20 minutes later we were given another slip of paper, with 3 choices, 2 eggs, NO sides of bacon, sausage or ham, 2 small pancakes, again with no sides, or a croissant with jelly. No explanation given to me, but my Kmai wife found out that there was only one other guest, and the hotel owner was borrowing money each month to stay open. The restaurant was empty every time we passed through it, on our way to our room.

Room Tip: Best idea is to pick another hotel from the dozens in the area. I would not reccommend this hotel to...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

Bristol
Reviewed 7 May 2013

Stayed here for a couple of nights and location couldn't have been better. Found the room large and clean. There was a fridge but no tea/coffee making facilities. Breakfast limited but cooked to order.
Manager very helpful. My only problem was that we were on the fourth floor and there was no lift. Seemed a long way up after a hot day sight-seeing.

Room Tip: If you have problems with stairs ask for a room on a lower floor
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Palmc
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Stayed 2 nights in this place. Average hotel, air conditioning was poor, staff wasnt very helpful, internet conection slow, however the location was good. Maintenance in the room was horrible. No breakfast.

• Stayed April 2013
Maastricht, The Netherlands
Reviewed 1 May 2013

Be aware these people are thieves! I was in this hotel back in February together with friends. The place was extremely central (in front of the Royal Palace) and it was descent for the price we pay (around 10 euro per person) - huge rooms, ok furnished, clean-ish (there was apparently a big cockroach in the room of our friends). The staff was helpful and polite (although they did not tell us breakfast was included and we found this out only the morning we left!). Once we were back I saw some disturbing reviews on Tripadvisor regarding this hotel and because of them I decided to check my credit card statement - and there it was the proof for the reviews. I was charged twice for the room (2 x 66 USD). Only then I remembered that I had to put my pin in a pos terminal but they told me it was not working and gave me another pos temrinal. Turned out they charged me on both. I complained to booking.com and for 3 weeks they were trying to contact the hotel regarding this issue without any success. Anyway I was compensated by booking.com but still I found this really annoying!! Dont book this hotel whatsoever!

Room Tip: Do not go there at all!
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Assya1980
Reviewed 18 April 2013

Overall services are worst what I ever seen before. Actually we booked for 2 nights but we decide to stay one night only because our checked in time was very late so we had difficult to find others. We booked from Asiaroom, in there they rated 3 and half star for that hotel. Actually that rate should be lower than one star.

• Stayed April 2013
1 Thank ThantZawSwe
Makati, Rizal, Philippines
Reviewed 2 April 2013

We paid on the night we arrived since we needed change to pay our Tuktuk driver. But we forgot to get a receipt (or maybe they didn't issue one) due to the confusion-- my husband was paying the driver, I had to check the room, and we were exhausted (we came from Ho Chi Minh). We're just staying 1 night before proceeding to Siem Reap. The next day upon check-out, they said we didn't pay yet. There was no record of our payment. The guy from last night was not around. Bottom line-- we paid again and we got scammed. Location is good-- just across the Royal Palace and National Museum, food at the pub beside it was good. But overall, NOT WORTH IT.

Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple