“Poor nights sleep due to building sites all around. Not comfortable and relaxing at all!” 2 of 5 bubbles
Review of Frangipani Villa-60s Hotel

Lowest prices for {0} - {1}
Enter dates for lowest prices
We check up to 200+ sites for the lowest hotel prices
Frangipani Villa-60s Hotel
Ranked #49 of 333 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Rayong, Thailand
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2012

We arrived late at night and was shown to our room which was fragranced by oil burners, really nice. However, the room, although large was old, dark, dingy and scruffy. The bathroom was in need of updating badly. The stone tiles were cracked and dirty and the shower head was old and badly needed replacing. We stayed here for 2 nights and both nights we suffered either noise from the building sites next door and opposite or from people who lived behind the hotel who made disgusting noises very early in the morning.
The breakfast was served in a courtyard, and not very pleasant either. There was no offer of coffee or juice refills and the 'toast' was not toasted but warmed dry in the microwave. This hotel provided a very limited breakfast and I saw they actually made it on a 2 ring stove behind the small reception desk.
On a positive note, the main receptionists were very helpful and kind and suggested an itinery for us. The linen and towels were also of very nice quality. But sadly that is the only positve things I have to say about this hotel. I would not stay here again!

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 September 2012

This place was one of the best "bang-for-your-buck" hotels I've ever stayed in. I loved this hotel and would make it a priority to stay again should I ever visit Phnom Penh again. Never in all my travels have I encountered a more willing to help staff. Both managers at this hotel were amazing. From the second I arrived they were nothing but helpful. They asked me right off the bat what my plans were and I informed that I needed a visa to get into Vietnam in a few days. I wish I could remember the name of the man who was so helpful but he took care of all of it for me. He got my passport to the embassy and the next evening I had a Vietnamese visa. The complimentary breakfast each morning was perfect! Mango juice, toast and jam, and amazing scrambled eggs with chili sauce. All the staff were so friendly and the room was twice the size as I had envisioned it would be. The bed was tucked away in almost a different room and had nice vaulted ceilings... Very spacious. The bathroom was so-so... maybe a little more light. I would recommend this hotel to anyone staying in Phnom Penh. The absolute friendliest most helpful staff and a great location and a great room and great breakfast and a quaint little courtyard make this hotel a fantastic for any traveler to stay!!! Again, I can't stress the service for the price. What a great deal!!! What a great hotel! Top notch service!!! Couldn't have asked for better!

• Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2012

I used to live in Phnom Penh but I went here in July 2012 for a week of holidays. The hotel is relatively basic but charming and clean. The staff is superb - they really do everything to make your stay as comfortable as possible. I loved the free bicycle that came with the hotel. Also the wifi is free (nothing unusual in Cambodia) and omnipresent (very unusual). The breakfast is ok but the choices are fairly limit - especially if you stay longer than a couple of days.

My biggest complaint was the nearby construction. Although this hotel is situated in a reasonably quiet street in a good location, there is currently some major construction (large multi-storey building) going on next door. If you don't intend to hang out in the hotel during the day, this is not a big deal, but otherwise I would recommend you skip this hotel for the next... say 6 months.

Otherwise good hotel with great value.

• Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Hein O
FrangipaniManagement, Manager at Frangipani Villa-60s Hotel, responded to this review, 26 August 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and for giving us an opportunity to service you during your stay at Frangipani Villa-60s Hotel. Your comments are valuable to us to improve our service and to ensure that our guests have a wonderful experience with Frangipani Villa-60s Hotel. The construction in Cambodia is up everywhere but the one next to Frangipani Villa-60s Hotel is not a big deal since everything is almost completed. We look forward to welcoming you and your family at any of Frangipani Villa Hotel Group (Frangipani Villa-60s, Frangipani Villa-90s, Frangipani Villa Hotel, Frangipani Villa Hotel II, Frangipani Green Garden Hotel & Spa, Frangipani Royal Palace Hotel, and Frangipani Living Arts Hotel). The Management
Milan, Italy
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 August 2012 via mobile

We arrived 6 persons. Three different room typology due to availability. Every room was really amazing, so spacy, comfortable, rich in details.
Bathroom is so special and the whole hotel ir very clean
Position is perfect for a touris since its centrally located position on the map of the city
Staff is really kind and polite, ready to fulfil every guest need.
Breakfast is delicious...and the restaurant is 12 hour open no stop...and that's great especially when you have no plan of your day and no aware of when you wanna stop for a quick meal or a dinner.
Patio is the place where to relax from a sunny humid day...and if you want, hotel has bikes to rent (for free) to guests in order to allow them to visit the city and roam the whole day.
Every room has wifi connection.
What to add...probably ask for a room with balcony on the patio...just for a better privacy.
Nevertheless, do not skp this place if you are in town

Stayed August 2012, travelled with friends
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and for giving us an opportunity to service you during your stay at Frangipani Fine Arts Hotel. Your comments are valuable to us to improve our service and to ensure that our guests have a wonderful experience with Frangipani Fine Arts Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your family at any of Frangipani Villa Hotel Group (Frangipani Villa-60s, Frangipani Villa-90s, Frangipani Villa Hotel, Frangipani Villa Hotel II, Frangipani Green Garden Hotel & Spa, Frangipani Royal Palace Hotel, and Frangipani Living Arts Hotel). The Management
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2012

The very comfortable,clean and spacious room is excellent.The furnitures of the room are authentic yet clean and taken care well.What excites me is the clean and unique bathroom. The bath tub is huge and had good time soaking myself in it after long tiring daily adventures.

I was alone for my trip,but felt very warm and delighted with the staffs of the hotel approach and service. Their communication skills and understanding the guests needs and requirements are excellent!I love the beautifully served American breakfast set from the happy and dedicated cooks:) And nowm they are my online friends:)

And i love sitting in the hotel lobby at night reading my books. Wifii service are great too!!!

Many claimed its far away but friendly and trustworthy hotel TukTuks are available outside the hotel.And they are cheap!

I shall stay here again in my future Phnom Penh trip.May this hotel be more prosperous in future:)

Room Tip: Solo travellers would love this cosy, friendly environment
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled solo
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your review and for giving us an opportunity to service you during your stay at Frangipani Villa-60s Hotel. Your comments are valuable to us to improve our service and to ensure that our guests have a wonderful experience with Frangipani Villa-60s Hotel. We look forward to welcoming you and your family at any of Frangipani Villa Hotel Group (Frangipani Villa-60s, Frangipani Villa-90s, Frangipani Villa Hotel, Frangipani Villa Hotel II, Frangipani Green Garden Hotel & Spa, Frangipani Royal Palace Hotel, and Frangipani Living Arts Hotel). The Management
Carolina Beach, North Carolina
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2012

Great atmosphere, Cambodian and expat staff both very friendly and helpful. The rooms are awesome and comfortable. Foods were great. Do stay if you are in Cambodia.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Sokthearith, Manager at Frangipani Villa-60s Hotel, responded to this review, 10 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,
Thank you very much for your honest and sincere views. We are committed to serving you at the best service when you come to visit cambodia again.
The management
S, B
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 April 2012

Our experience began the minute we were graciously met at the airport in Phnom Penh. The service at this wonderful villa is nothing short
of exceptional. They made us happy! Yes we felt special whether we were at the lobby, or the garden, spa, or restaurants. Everyone from
the door guy to the managers ensured we had a great time. What made our holiday more fun was the other holiday makers. We made
new friends with our fellow travellers at the bar and we actually shared a few dinners! My favourite is the spa - very very clean, great
scent, fantastic therapists, I couldn't get enough of their massage treatments. Very relaxing, very professional.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple