La Maison d'Ambre
US$198
The Kabiki(Phnom Penh)
US$69
  • Breakfast included
La Rose Suites(Phnom Penh)
US$157
TeaHouse(Phnom Penh)
US$41
US$40
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsrooftop restaurantliving roomboutique hotelcasablanca suitethe riversmall kitchenettetuk tukcentral marketcenter of phnom penhthis lovely hotelwalking distancestayed nightsbusy cityrooms are largeapartmentppcambodia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 28 October 2013 via mobile

Spoken to Sokrecth from La Masion last 2 months and he recommended some of the rooms and allow me to view the rooms. It is fantastic!!! Much better than any hotel in Phnom penh. Even if you compare to other 5 stars hotels such as Sunway, Raffles Hotel.
I have been in Cambodia for 6 years.
So far this is the best hotel I ever stay. Service is tiptop! Rooms are super big. Many selection of theme for the room you like. Can invite friends to party the whole night as the apartment is big. Excellent location too at street 110.
The price is so much better compare to those 5 star hotel. A hidden Gem in Cambodia. But I hope I can get a better price as I always spend at least 5 to 8 days every 2 months.
If you missed it, u never been to Phnom penh.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank lineasy2
Reviewed 24 October 2013

If you want somewhere a little different but with great style them this is for you. The decor has been designed by the owners wife and every room is different. The location isn't the best for venturing out at night but is in a good position for sight seeing. Everything was clean and well maintained and the rooftop bar and restaurant are a real treat. The menu isn't extensive but everything we had was excellent. We chose this from previous reviews on Tripdvisor and weren't disappointed, in fact I don't think we'd have found it otherwise so thanks to previous reviewers!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Pauline229
Reviewed 15 October 2013

This is an authentic boutique hotel! I stayed at the Shanghai Gesture and fell in love with the room design and interior! Love especially the bathroom with all the amenities and little details. The hotel staff are all very attentive and goes intro extra miles to provide you with information and things that you need. All the power plugs are designed to international sockets, so I can easily work with my laptop. There's a petit balcony that is perfect corner for me to enjoy my afternoon tea. There's also the roof top bar & restaurant where I enjoy my breakfast with fresh air and view of Phnom Penh city. I'm a fitness freak so if this is available at hotel, definitely will stay again for my next visit :)

Room Tip: Shanghai Gesture is equipped with separate bath tub and shower. The granite tub is super to soak at after a day city trip. I love the multi-bed that can turn into twin or double instantly. Perfect room for all purpose! Solo, friends or family :) The kitchen are fully equipped - perfect for a long stay visit.
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Inca T
Reviewed 15 October 2013

Occupying a corner plot the hotel has 10 rooms across 4 floors.
Our room was entitled "in the mood for love"....I'll leave you to make your own jokes at this point. Comprising two large rooms; the first was a sitting area with kitchenette, the second was a double bedroom with ensuite.
Nicely decorated and well-appointed (LCD TV with plenty of channels, a/c in both rooms, gowns, slippers, bottled water, safe, fruit, loads of 3-pin power points, etc). Bed was comfy and I had a great night's sleep although the pillows were like giant marshmallows...perhaps a bit too big.
Bar / restaurant on 5th floor, amazingly laid out...really funky!
As one would expect, great staff, pleasant, polite, attentive.

On the down side the lighting in the ensuite area was poor making it difficult to use the mirrors effectively. Also the sink leaked, and the cupboard beneath it contained a hairdryer, which was directly under the link - I hope they fix this before the next guests arrive as potentially very dangerous.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank StokiePokie
dcopHongkong, Owner at La Maison d'Ambre, responded to this reviewResponded 27 October 2013

Dear guest,

Many thanks for your kind review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay at La Maison d'Ambre.
We truly appreciated your comment about the leaking problem and we apologize about that inconvenience.
The issue has been dealt with.

We hope to see you again at La Maison d'Ambre.

Reviewed 7 October 2013

Our friends picked this hotel , on the back of TA ,so we didnt know what to expect , but i can assure you that its was just fantastic the rooms are uber trendy , clean and well appointed. Bed linen and towels are of the highest quality. The staff are most helpful and were only too happy to help and the rates that were charged were very reasonable. $10-12 for airport transfer and $30 for a 4 hour trip to S21 and the Killing fields. The driver was safe and the 4x4 car was clean and modern. The roof top bar serves just as well as a breakfast venue as it does as a cocktail bar. Great fun worth a stay and ladies check out the dress shop !

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple