Diamond Palace II
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Noura Motel(Phnom Penh)
Khmeroyal Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
Helen Motel & Pub(Phnom Penh)
  • Restaurant
Blue Dolphin(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
Silver River Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
FCC Phnom Penh(Phnom Penh)
Cozyna Hotel(Phnom Penh)
View Hotel
All reviewsno liftnational museumgreat locationbudget hotelthe riverrooms are smallconvenience storespent nights herebottled wateronward travelthird floorthe wi fitop floorcentral locationsisowath quayenjoyed my staycambodia
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 11 July 2014

Stayed at the Diamond Palace II hotel for 2 nights. The service at the front desk can be a bit hit and miss, depending on the staff at the desk. When we arrived several of the hotel staff offered to carry our bags up the steep staircase, no matter what I said they very kindly insisted. We were traveling as a group with many bags but they carried almost all of them up, 5 star service in that respect. They speak an 'ok' amount of English, nothing to write home about. AC and breakfast was included, which was great. Breakfast was average, the ice cappuccino was awesome. Personally I found the beds a bit hard. The view from our room was of the stairs, avoid rooms 105-107 if a view matters to you. Room was nothing special and got the job done. Overall, I would stay again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ethan S
kimh593, General Manager at Diamond Palace II, responded to this reviewResponded 30 September 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greeting from Diamond Palace II, Phnom Penh,

We would like to thanks for you kind your feedback. It is really show up our bad points to improve our services and properties. We also do apologize for any inconvenience cause during your stay with us.

we will try our best to complete our customers' need.

Wish you have a good luck !

Best regards,

Reviewed 6 July 2014

I had booked a superior room and they claimed that they had upgraded me to a deluxe room. nothing to shout about . room is ok . 2 incidents had marred my image of the hotel service. I requested for a 2pin adaptor(i had a 3 pin) but the receptionist say they had ran out and requested me to buy at US$2/piece !!!! He even make a comment that hotel is not obliged to provide adaptor to its guest. The bellboy later came to me that he could get one for me at US$1/pc ! secondly, during my stay there i found no signals for the wifi at 0100 hrs so went down to check with the receptionist. he told me that it had been switched off and only available when the morning shift comes on !!!! what a joke.
otherwise , hotel is located in a good location with plenty of food/pubs around and riverside is just 10 minutes away. Royal Palace is walking distance away.
Management need to improve on their staff service attitude.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank wong57

Dear Valued Guest,

Warmest Greeting from Diamond Palace II, Phnom Penh

We are very appreciated and much thanks for your valued time to write review about our properties.
On behalf of hotel and staff, I do apologize for any inconvenience causes during your stay.
Otherwise, we will try to improve our services to get more standard to meet our customers' satisfactions.

We would be prefer for you kind understanding and good luck to you

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 June 2014

Diamond Palace 2 has a marvellous location overlooking the National Museum & Park. Very handy for Royal Palace, Riverside etc. Superior rooms have balconys above the street giving great view of everyday life outside. Nice clean rooms with AC & breakfast included. However when I returned fo the hotel from a 2-day beach trip they charged me $5 per night more for a much smaller room. Needless to say I found somewhere else to stay in town for the remainder of my trip. A nice place let down by poor management in my opinion

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank max u
Reviewed 29 May 2014 via mobile

We stayed twice during our month in Cambodia and was perfectly located for all we wanted to do. 15min walk from the jetty the boat from Vietnam dropped us off at and a view over the Royal Palace and Museum. Room was just what we needed - clean, ac, en suite and fridge etc. Breakfast was included and had a variety of options so all good there too. Staff were friendly and helpful during both stays and for 20USD per night in the City you can't go wrong. As I'm sure with every other hotel in PP there are plenty of tuk tuk drivers out the front day and night so it's either a good or bad thing dependant on what you want.

• Stayed: March 2014
1  Thank Anamariebaker
Reviewed 26 May 2014 via mobile

In retrospect,nothing particularly outstanding about this hotel, staff were quite helpful,rooms were clean albeit and little small(but still more than comfortable) and the location is good. However, there's nothing much i can complain about as well.

At USD$20 per night for an air conditioned room with heater and wifi,it's decent but you can definitely get a cheaper hotel of the same quality. I'd recommend going for the USD$15 rooms which are the same as the $20 rooms except without breakfast (which is mediocre at best,would've gone for the cheaper room had I known they values their breakfasts at $5..)

All in all, I have little regrets and the hotel was well worth the money.

• Stayed: May 2014