“Relax and chill, literally”
Review of Legend Cinema

Legend Cinema
Ranked #49 of 134 things to do in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Owner description: The first Legend cinema is now opened in Phnom Penh at City Mall on the top floor. Its located in the heart of the city next to the Olympic stadium.Featuring 3 halls, full digital systems with Dolby 7.1 sound and Dolby 3D. Legend is the first cinema to screen the latest in Hollywood movies. We have friendly staff, freshly popped popcorn and snacks. A great place to go for a family night out.Tickets are USD3 for normal movies and USD5 for 3D. Occasional blockbusters such as The Avengers and The Amazing Spiderman has an extra USD1 charge.
Reviewed 12 August 2014

"Legend" is one of the three big movie theaters in Phnom Penh. The others being "Major Cineplex" in the newly built Aeon Mall and Platinum Cineplex on the top floor of Sorya Mall.

I visited Legend after dark to see the latest of the Planet of The Apes franchise and I was at first a little bit confused of where to enter because the whole building seemed like it was closed.

I asked a emo-looking fellow and he pointed to what looked like the parking area and told me to go to the top floor. I went into the building only to find all of the floors closed off and absent of people. I started wondering if I might have gotten myself into trouble, again, as the whole place had a scary movie kind of vibe. I then reached the top floor and the sight and smell of salty popcorn and sweet-looking new couples hit my receptors.

The Legend Cinema's got three air-conditioned theaters and they put them on full blast. I payed 5 UDS for the ticket and about the same amount for the biggest popcorn and biggest drink. They give you a pair of 3D-glasses when you show your ticket and you can also borrow a blanket, this might be a good idea if you're only wearing shorts and a tank top.

I would definitely recommend going here if this is the closest cinema from where you're staying, if not I would recommend taking your butt to one of the others. The movie was alright if you're wondering

Reviewed 8 June 2014

I think the Legend Cinema in Tuol Kork should be better but so far I've only been to the Citymall branch. The mall has a lot of closed shops inside and is next to Olympic Stadium. I'm pretty sure there are only 3 theaters in the country which show first-run international movies; and they're here in Phnom Penh. So don't be surprised if your weekend afternoon movies are completely sold-out. You enter the theater by walking through the sad-looking food court. There are a few interesting things up here: a counter selling $20 dual-sim Blu-brand phones; the Cha Tea outlet; and the movie theater popcorn stand which sells Minute Maid Orange Juice but it's actually orange-flavored milk. If you want real Orange Juice you have to say "Pulpy."

2  Thank Mongoose30
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Yes Cambodia does have a proper Cinema. Great to watch a movie for 5 dollar. You won't get that in the US or anywhere in the West but in Cambodia you will have the same movie experience for less.

Reviewed 7 June 2014

After a day filled with the prison and killing fields, we decided to take a break and check out a movie. For five dollars we saw the new X men movie, in 3d. Kinda hard to beat that price. The air conditioning was pumping in strongly which I liked but everyone else said they were a little cold.

1  Thank bmills83
See more reviews
Reviewed 19 April 2014

Cheap admission, good quality screens and projectors, seats comfortable in 2 of 3 halls.
Steer clear on weekends or school holidays, the Khmer get bored if the action stops so they talk and they seem to have weak bladders, constantly up and down. Sometimes they will shamelessly answer their phone in the middle of a quiet, dramatic scene. Oh and if you do go when busy get there a little earlier to allow for slow service staff and customers. It can take 2 Khmer 5 minutes to buy tickets. "Where would you like to sit"........................................................................... "Oh don't mind me, I've only been in the queue for 20 minutes".

1  Thank RSharpie