“Been here a few times now”

InterContinental Phnom Penh
Ranked #28 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Seattle, Washington
“Been here a few times now”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

And always an enjoyable experience. I have traveled to Cambodia off and on from 2009 up until a couple of years ago and hope to go back. I always stay here and although it is pretty removed from "nightlife", it is always clean, comfortable, pleasant and safe.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (82)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel 6 years ago and think it would be nice to revisit, this time stayed a night only.

It is amazing that this hotel was kept so well- after 6 years, it looks the same

Staff - very nice staffs!
Arrived at 10am and they offered me and upgraded room.

Pool - pool is very clean and as beautiful as it has always been. Staffs are attentive on giving water and taking drink orders

Location - it is slightly far off from city. But there is plenty of tuk tuk and taxi so it is not a problem.

Cons - the only problem is, the bed smells of sweat. Bed sheets looks very clean but just the pillow and the bed smells of sweat. Since we only stayed a night so we didn't complain. It was quite unbearable and I have to spray body spray on it to make it easier...

• Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Cecillllllle
Reviewed 6 July 2014

I have be fortunate to stay at the intercontinental for the past year whilst working in Phnom Pehn.
Firstly the Senior Management care and attention is way beyond my expectations in many aspects and this cascades down to their middle and lower management, with respect.
At all levels and areas the quality of service is consistently aligned to one thing "customer care".
The warmth and care as well as advise for well being is always readily available from early morning to late evening irrespective of you being on a business trip or on vacation.
I can wholeheartedly speak on behalf of my husband too, who has also benefited from the Intercontinental experience Phnom Penh.
I highly recommend this family hotel.

With warmth Vicky Dilcock :)

Room Tip: All rooms are of a good standard.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
Man, West Virginia
Reviewed 29 June 2014

The welcome is warm,check in very quick and the staff very courteous .The rooms are good and spacious. Very well maintained. The room was large and had a good work space , the bathroom was well laid out and all was very tidy and clean. The rooms had a good cozy feel and you were not disturbed by noice from neigbours or the hall way. Though priced a little high,I feel it is good value for money.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Las Vegas, Nevada
Reviewed 8 June 2014

I took advantage of a weekend deal to top off my IHG points for a reward and get a little more comfort (take a break from my regular cheaper hotel). It was good for Cambodia but not up to standards (service) compared to their other locations. It struck me as odd that all the cheap hotels offer free wifi but this place charged a lot. For what they charge for the room, they could come off the wifi fee. I felt they were trifling for that.
Rooms are comfy and clean. No problems with that.
I suggest you eat elsewhere as there are better options for a fraction of the price. The place is away from the river and is maybe 15 to 20 minutes minutes ride in a taxi depending on traffic. If I did not want to take advantage of the points special offer, I would have stayed at the Raffles and had high tea.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled solo
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Phnom Penh, responded to this review, 4 July 2014
Dear Hobogal,

We'd like to thank you for leaving us with a review of your stay. We regret that the value of the room and internet impacted your time as our guest. We take all of the reviews we receive very seriously as they allow us to identify areas that may benefit from additional attention. We have shared your comments with the staff and we trust that additional steps will be taken to ensure a more positive experience for you and all future guests.

Adrian D
Case Manager
IHGCare
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 7 June 2014

Mostly everything as expected, a little slow and disorganised at reception ...can take a while to process check in and check out, even for IHG status members.
Overall friendly, nice staff. Nice mix of some European staff with local staff, if you run into some more complex requests etc, they're always flitting around to help.
Rooms are possibly starting to feel a little dated - time to for a refresh is imminent.
Breakfast buffet is good.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
Reviewed 3 June 2014 via mobile

I have been to many phnom penh hotels as I come here every month for business. I have stayed here before it wasn't the best service last time, front desk quite rude and slow, this time is even worse. My friend, a single lady stays here so I come to stay with her for one night to bring her stuff from home. The manager told me I have to pay for extra person because they charge by per pax. When I ask to see if there is anything my friend signed that proves that's single occupancy only, they failed to provide and even got offended. The manager basically said 'what I say is rules and that's it'. 'I don't have to show you anything to prove.' Intercon should really train their managers better. We are all corporate customers and I won't recommend anyone stay here. Sofitel is cheaper and rooms are much newer, far better service. Raffles is also a brilliant hotel.

Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Chenjiel
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at InterContinental Phnom Penh, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Chenjiel,

Thank you for your review regarding your recent stay. It is regrettable you were not satisfied with the service you received. Please accept our sincere apologies for any shortcomings you may have experienced. I have sent you a private message in order to obtain more information about your stay. We hope to hear from you soon and be of further assistance.

Kind Regards,