2,200 results
All reviewselephant barlandmark roombutler servicecolonial charmoriginal buildingelegant hotelduring happy hourfive star hotelbreakfast buffetpool viewsiem reapmain buildingwelcome drinktuk tukan oasissmall balconybusy city
Reviewed 20 October 2017

Raffles is a great brand and one generally knows what to expect. Service was first class and particularly enjoyed happy hour in the Elephant Bar. Where we were a bit disappointed was in the bathroom which showed its age and needs to be upgraded. Dinner buffet was a bit disappointing also with a lack of decent entrees.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with raffles.com
Jean-Pierre J, Hotel Manager at Raffles Hotel Le Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 31 October 2017

Dear Allan J,

Thank you for sharing your experience and we are delighted you enjoyed the service provided by our team and the iconic Elephant Bar.

I have shared your comments with our team as we strive to improve our dinner offerings and look for ways to improve the bathroom amenities.

We hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back and better serve you in the future.

Jean-Pierre Joncas
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I have stayed at Raffles in Phnom Penh several times. This hotel has a palpable elegance and a rich history. One only has to walk the halls and talk with the staff to realize that you are in a special place having a wonderful experience. Simply put I feel like royalty every time I stay here. It is the bench mark by which I will judge all other hotels.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with raffles.com
RAFFLES_PhnomPenh, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Le Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 20 October 2017

Dear Kassy G123,

We very much appreciate your comments regarding your stay at the Raffles Hotel Le Royal.

I will share your feedback with our team as we strive to continuously improve the quality of our services.

Thank you again for sharing your experience, and we hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Thomas Christiansen

Reviewed 18 October 2017 via mobile

Start with the bad, I had a very rough check in process as the staff didn’t know how to use the credit card machine properly. They approached me in front of my guest and said my credit card was bad when they didn’t bother to read the error message the credit card machine was giving them(swipe no chip). The same thing happened upon check out. The guy didn’t know how to use the machine and read the message, and I needed to help him again when I was told my card was bad.
This is also one of the American Express Top Hotels of the World, and Amex Platinum users should get a complimentary upgrade. I was put in the lowest grade room along a busy street. They also didn’t recognize my Fairmont status, (they are owned by fairmont), which should have given me an upgrade. Neither was recognized in not a full hotel, where this could have easily have been done.
I asked for a wake up call, (very important) needing to wake up at 4:45am. That phone call never came, I was lucky to set my back up alarm.
Other then that the hotel was great, the staff was great, people were friendly. It just was not on par with other Raffles locations I have stayed at.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled with family
Jean-Pierre J, Hotel Manager at Raffles Hotel Le Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 1 November 2017

Dear cameronrmoore2015,

Thank you for taking the time to share details of your stay with us. I am extremely concerned to hear about the less than memorable experience during the arrival and departure from the property.

I have taken this opportunity to share your feedback with our team and work with them to prevent a similar experience from reoccurring. While other membership programs are not always applicable we do strive to provide the best experience possible for every guest and unfortunately we did not meet your expectation on your visit.

While I understand that your experience might have affected your overall perception of Raffles Hotel Le Royal, I do hope to have the opportunity to better serve you in the future.

Jean-Pierre Joncas
Hotel Manager

Reviewed 18 October 2017

As one expects with Raffles this is a five star property with excellent service and professional staff. The rooms are spacious and atmospheric , and very colonial. If youre looking for ultra modern then this is not the place for you. However, if you want old world style, and first class service, excellent food , superb cocktails, then this is the right place.!

• Stayed: October 2017, travelled as a couple
1  Thank peter w

Dear Peter W,

Thomas Christiansen

Reviewed 17 October 2017

This Hotel lives up to the Raffles reputation as one of the oldest and most exotic hotels in SE Asia. The staff is extraordinary in the service they provide. They are most friendly and make you absolutely welcome and at home.

Stayed: October 2017, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with raffles.com
RAFFLES_PhnomPenh, General Manager at Raffles Hotel Le Royal, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2017

Dear Loringeverettr,