“Pleasant hotel. Friendly Front Office staff”

Holiday Villa Phnom Penh
Ranked #229 of 277 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed in May 2012 for 6 days.
It was near Central Market. so shopping for souvenirs was easy.

Breakfast was basic buffet but OK. Food is Halal.

Room was clean.

The front office staff was helpful when I needed help one night with my laptop.

There are several supermarkets around and some fast food outlets. So food was not a problem unless you're a picky eater.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ParisRisGang

Reviewed 3 November 2012

We recently stayed in this 3 star hotel for 3 days during our stay in this city. It was recommended by my family members due to central location and its Halal Restaurant. To be honest, the room decor was just OK. The room was clean but the furniture was old.The bathroom was clean. It was located very near to the Central Market (walking distance) and near to the bus station. There was FOS, secret recipi, KFC nearby. There were also 3 Halal Restaurants near this hotel (D-Nyonya, Mamak Corner and another restaurant).I have to say we were happy to stay here as they served Halal food, and the price was about the same as the other restaurants. The Ala Carte food was good, we had nasi goreng, roti canai, mee mamak - all were delicious. My little girl loved the nasi goreng, meehoon and the roti canai. The morning breakfast was OK. But there was no swimming pool and the free Wifi was only in the coffee house and lobby. If we wanted internet in the room we had to pay USD5 for one day. Would recommend this place to Malaysians and Muslim families as the food is a real Plus point, esp in Cambodia where it is so difficult to get Halal food. I was so relieved to get proper Malaysian (and halal) food at this Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I was staying in Holiday Villa hotel for 3 nights. I was in Phonm Penh for an important event and my company provided accommodation for me. There was not availability to other hotes due our last minute decision to attend the event. So, i ended up at Holiday Villa.
The hotel location is quite good, but this is the only good thing. All the rest was completely hoorible. This is an hotel with Malaysian Management and they apply (also overseas) the Malaysian policy not serving pork in the hotel. I was sadly surprised. The breakfast was horrible for all my stay and also the staff is nothing to do with kindness of Cambodian people. Rooms are just bad... smelly and dirty.
My company paid in advance the bill of my stay, but during the check-out (on the last day) before going to airport to catch my flight, they would charge me a double bill despite i showed them the invoice received from reservation department. Just awful! Then, after arguments and noise they realized that rooms have been paid. My advice to tripdavisor members? If you go to Phonm Penh, just avoid this hotel because is also quite expensive.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Location walking distance to FOS, A few good restaurant, n central market.. Quite good. Room big but old. Towels bad quality, no tea n coffee provided. Iron n ironing board is bad with wire exposed, I almost got electrocuted. Rough bedsheet. Room not cleaned properly.

• Stayed: July 2012
Reviewed 4 June 2012 via mobile

I stayed here for 3 nights. I get room promotion rate ofusd20 without breakfast for 1 night so i only pay usd60 for 3 nights. Breakfast they will charge u usd6 per person and the food quality are teribble worst etc3. 1 of the staff told me previously they were are chef from Malaysia but the chef quit as chef in holiday villa and now local become chef.

Room quality for me i can accept eventhough have few problems but i still can accept it.

Frigde is smelly because ghey shut off the electric

save box.helps.me.a lot to keep valueable and important things

Staff is ok

Elevator can fit 4 persons at 1 time

when you exit yhe hotel main door few tuk2.outside. Be sure to ask the hotel staff rate from hotel to your desire destination to avoid pay extra.

Expensive wifi charge

• Stayed: April 2012
Reviewed 3 June 2012

Hotel room was huge but looks old.
Poor room decor, rough bedsheet, smelly fridge, small lift, and unfriendly reception.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank saprophytic81
Reviewed 14 March 2012

I was there with my friends and we got the suite room at the 6th floor. It was huge, we're happy to stay in such a beautiful room. But we really dissapointed with the rough bedsheet. The buffet for breakfast has a bad taste and we can only eat bread and cereal. The banquet staffs only wearing slippers, they also seem don't have any training from their dressing, grooming and manner. The hotel has two lift but only limit for 4 person each, the lift quite small.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled with friends