“Hotel with halal food in Phnom Penh”

Holiday Villa Phnom Penh
Ranked #226 of 274 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 11 April 2013

The main concern for me to choice this hotel was halal food. But after arrived, the hotel location is in the around city center Phnom Penh. With walking distance to Phsar Thmey (Central Market). Meet with hotel General Manager, Capt. Charles A. Bain, very friendly and helpful Malaysian citizen that had retired from army. Actually we have met at LCCT Kuala Lumpur and on Air Asia flight to Phnom Penh, but I didn't know him. Suprisingly when I arrived at the hotel, he's noticed me. I got room on 6 floor, it's a clean and large room with view to the city north side. This hotel recommended for travellers with family and kids.

• Stayed: March 2013, travelled solo
2  Thank Firdaus_P

Reviewed 23 February 2013

An excellent location not far from central market. The food is halal and front desk helpful .
The gm is a retired army officer from penang ,malaysia and very helpful and very informative of places to go, eat and shopping

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Rzamkamaruddin
Reviewed 23 January 2013

I stayed here for 3 nights. The hotel is really run down with very minimal facilities. The front office staff are nice though. The GM a retired army captain is very approachable and helpful. The only plus point of the hotel is the location which is very central. Food is halal for Muslim customers although beer is available.

Room Tip: Be careful of the bathrooms as the window is not covered, you may be exposed while in the shower :)
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 15 November 2012

Stayed in May 2012 for 6 days.
It was near Central Market. so shopping for souvenirs was easy.

Breakfast was basic buffet but OK. Food is Halal.

Room was clean.

The front office staff was helpful when I needed help one night with my laptop.

There are several supermarkets around and some fast food outlets. So food was not a problem unless you're a picky eater.

• Stayed: May 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank ParisRisGang
Reviewed 3 November 2012

We recently stayed in this 3 star hotel for 3 days during our stay in this city. It was recommended by my family members due to central location and its Halal Restaurant. To be honest, the room decor was just OK. The room was clean but the furniture was old.The bathroom was clean. It was located very near to the Central Market (walking distance) and near to the bus station. There was FOS, secret recipi, KFC nearby. There were also 3 Halal Restaurants near this hotel (D-Nyonya, Mamak Corner and another restaurant).I have to say we were happy to stay here as they served Halal food, and the price was about the same as the other restaurants. The Ala Carte food was good, we had nasi goreng, roti canai, mee mamak - all were delicious. My little girl loved the nasi goreng, meehoon and the roti canai. The morning breakfast was OK. But there was no swimming pool and the free Wifi was only in the coffee house and lobby. If we wanted internet in the room we had to pay USD5 for one day. Would recommend this place to Malaysians and Muslim families as the food is a real Plus point, esp in Cambodia where it is so difficult to get Halal food. I was so relieved to get proper Malaysian (and halal) food at this Hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 17 October 2012

I was staying in Holiday Villa hotel for 3 nights. I was in Phonm Penh for an important event and my company provided accommodation for me. There was not availability to other hotes due our last minute decision to attend the event. So, i ended up at Holiday Villa.
The hotel location is quite good, but this is the only good thing. All the rest was completely hoorible. This is an hotel with Malaysian Management and they apply (also overseas) the Malaysian policy not serving pork in the hotel. I was sadly surprised. The breakfast was horrible for all my stay and also the staff is nothing to do with kindness of Cambodian people. Rooms are just bad... smelly and dirty.
My company paid in advance the bill of my stay, but during the check-out (on the last day) before going to airport to catch my flight, they would charge me a double bill despite i showed them the invoice received from reservation department. Just awful! Then, after arguments and noise they realized that rooms have been paid. My advice to tripdavisor members? If you go to Phonm Penh, just avoid this hotel because is also quite expensive.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled on business
Reviewed 4 July 2012

Location walking distance to FOS, A few good restaurant, n central market.. Quite good. Room big but old. Towels bad quality, no tea n coffee provided. Iron n ironing board is bad with wire exposed, I almost got electrocuted. Rough bedsheet. Room not cleaned properly.

• Stayed: July 2012