“Over priced & Hotel renamed " Hong Long 1 Hotel "”
Review of Henglong I Hotel

Henglong I Hotel
Henglong I Hotel
Ranked #184 of 269 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Petaling Jaya, Malaysia
“Over priced & Hotel renamed " Hong Long 1 Hotel "”
Reviewed 1 December 2013

Viewed room 602 with receptionist Ms Naden. Room was good for $20 a night. My request for 2 nights stay was turned down. When I showed Naden the email I had received from her,she said if
I pay $25 per night with breakfast I can stay for 2 nights ! I agreed.
The breakfast service was not only very slow, the quality very poor comprising of 2 eggs laden with
oil,2 very small slices of plain bread, and cup of coffee. Appalling breakfast !
When I reported of it to Naden's mother at the reception, she volunteered to refund $5 for the second nights breakfast. Preferable to discuss deals with the mother rather than Naden.

When I reported it to Naden's mother at the reception, she volunteered to refund $5 for the second
days breakfast. For a fair deal suggest approach be made to Naden's mum who is always at the
Reception.

Room Tip: Avoid room adjoining building under construction.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Indrasen R

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (3)
  • Slovak first
Nottingham, United Kingdom
Reviewed 24 September 2013

Just arrived at this hotel, as a previous post stated this doesn't exist I called Expedia before I left for this trip to confirm booking and the lady at Expedia allegedly called this hotel while I was on hold, she confirmed that my booking for 2 nights was OK. So, here we are, rocked up and quess what? Hotel USED to be Phnom Penh forever, now heng long 1 guest house & hotel and they would not honour our booking. We have had to pay again. So be warned.......

Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Leigh H

Travellers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 8 September 2013

We didn't have any bookings when we checked in to this hotel but it wasn' t difficult to find a room in there. We were very positively surprised that for only 15 $ a night we got a nice and clean room with lovley bathroom. We travelled on the budget so we have stayed in far worst places than this one. It has good localisation, walking distans to main attractions. If you travel by Capital bus company around Cambodia the main offices are just 50 meters from this hotel! Great if you are leaving somwhere early in morning. Around hotel there are some good local restaurants and plenty of street food stalls. The staff who works there are realy lovley and check out the view from the top of the roof.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
Adelaide, South Australia, Australia
Reviewed 14 July 2013

I booked this hotel 10th July on hotels.com to stay on the 11th July. When I arrived, the hotel looked like the photos but the name has changed. I expected that this was just an administrative thing and that I still had a booking. Unfortunately, reception told me that they could not honour my booking as the hotel has changed owners and changed names and that the previous owner would have received my payment. They offered me a room for $25US but I think this is all a scam to get people to pay twice and I left and found another guest house. DO NOT BOOK THIS HOTEL!!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Cameron B
United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 March 2013

We stayed at this hotel on two separate nights in different rooms. Both rooms are clean, well appointed wit comfortable beds and working AC. Shower has good pressure and is closed off, which is a bonus in Cambodia. Location-wise it is near the Central and Orussey market, there are a couple of restaurants nearby, but to the Riverfront you need a 10 minute tuk-tuk ride (about $3). Staff is friendly and speaks good English. It seems the hotel caters to a lot of Chinese tourists, therefore breakfast is Asian style (fried rice and noodles) and a bit poor to our taste. But the general feeling is that of good value.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 6 January 2013

This is a new hotel located in a safe area. The hotel has very spacious rooms and clean facilities. This decorations are wooden type and simple Cambodian style. It definitely set a good impression for my first Phnom Penh visit.

• Stayed January 2013
2 Thank Nijs
Duisburg
Reviewed 8 December 2012

I stayed here before the official opening. so everything was brand new.
Excellent staff - friendly, professional and no problems with lack of english language skills by almost everyone.
I can only hope they will keep that standard.
Location is a little off the main tourist area and the Capitol busstaion is just around the corner but I wasn't annoyed by the sound of the arriving/departing buses.

• Stayed April 2012, travelled solo