“Pretty from outside”

US$61.00*
Private Phnom Penh Icons City Tour
Ranked #4 of 123 things to do in Phnom Penh
More attraction details
Owner description: Still the dwelling place of the king, this palace contains the Silver Pagoda, whose floor is made up of 5329 silver tiles, each weighing 1.125 kilograms.
Reviewed 9 December 2013

Never got to enter the Palace itself, was with friends who had large scarfs to cover their arms which wasn't allowed.
(yes there were signs up) so make sure your covered...Properly
Also a little pricey for a small budget

There are newer reviews for Royal Palace

Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

The palace looks impressive from outside but is nowhere near as grand as the royal palace in Bangkok. The grounds are beautiful and well kept. Sadly photos are not permitted in the buildings and you cannot even take a picture from outside.

The silver pagoda could have been amazing and something I wouldn't have minded looking through a doorway at if you could see a gleaming silver floor. Alas, you could go in and walk on the array of ropey mats covering the tiles. Only a small cordoned off area revealed the mainly blackened tiles.

The golden Buddha with diamonds was worth seeing but apart from that the palace was missing the wow factor

Reviewed 8 December 2013

I went to the Royal Palace today and was impressed by its size and lovely surrounding areas. Please ensure you are dressed conservatively out of respect. I utilised an on site guide who took me around for about 40 minutes and explained a lot of things in detail with good English. They are stationed just before you get to the ticket office. It is worth the USD10 fee for this service.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

For me what I saw on the outside was as great as what I saw on the inside. To get in we were struggling a bit due to the fact that you need to be covered (top and bottom) to access the palace. So after we got that sorted we strolled to the different buildings but there was no information available. So you did not really know what was going on. Some people we know took a guide and I had the feeling they got a lot more out of there visit. Also good to come back to this place during the night, as the palace is lit during the night.

Reviewed 7 December 2013

Beautiful buildings and grounds. Women, please make sure you are conservatively dressed. We didn't get to see as much as we would have due to a foreign dignitary that was visiting and part of the grounds were closed. I was also surprised that the buildings weren't well maintained and needed quite a bit of repair.