“Excellent location and good value”

Golden River Palace Guesthouse
Ranked #159 of 333 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Reviewed 31 March 2014

I stayed here for four nights during my visit in Phnom Penh. I stayed in a two-bed dorm which I paid $5 per night for. I think that's very good value regarding the standard and location. I shared the room with nice people, who I also hung out with during my time in the city. The staff is friendly and easy to deal with. I would stay here again!

Room Tip: If you are on a budget I highly recommend the two-bed dorm.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
There are newer reviews for Golden River Palace Guesthouse

Reviewed 26 March 2014

Very clean and quiet. Everything's working from hot water to fridge, air-con, tv, wifi plus location is very central; short walking distance to the national museum, the night market, the Mekong etc. Friendly staff as well. Will come back !

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 1 February 2014 via mobile

Good starting point to visit the city, at walking distance from the royal palace, the national museum and the central market. 500 meters from the riverside and very close to the nightclubs area too.
Our room was clean but unfortunately without windows.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 8 January 2014 via mobile

I booked a room online only to arrive and find the door was made of clear glass and there was no curtain! The bathroom was really dirty as well so I asked for a refund but the manager wasn't interested as he already had my money. Terrible, and not what I needed after a 7 hour bus journey. Found a hotel called '19 happy' just round the corner which was cheaper and much nicer!

• Stayed: January 2014
2  Thank Cancelthemilk
Kasibona D, Owner at Golden River Palace Guesthouse, responded to this reviewResponded 9 January 2014

Did not you stay in my dormitory room because of my room or Tuk Tuk driver? You cheated TUK TUK driver by not paying him any money. You stated that agoda advertising that our hotel offered free pick up. WHERE? Agoda and I myself clarify again and again that we don't provide free pick up. Dormitory bed costs you only 5$ and you asked TUK TUK from our hotel to your bus station near Chroy Chong Va bridge which is so far away from our hotel. Tuk Tuk driver charged you 5$ and it is NOT expensive. You insisted him not to pay any money as it is free. You said agoda sating free pick up. You are a native speaker and it can't be confused. I ask agoda to contact you about this issue. ARE YOU HONEST CUSTOMER? or AM I STUPID that you ask me to pay TUK TUK driver for 5$ in which that bed also costs 5$? Honestly, you would face a problem with police as the Tuk Tuk driver asked police to solve this problem on that day but you run away. Where you gonna hide your face among other foreign customers for the case of cheating TUK TUK for little money? Ask everyone around you, agoda representatives, and the reviewers here about free pick up service from AGODA. It is true or a FAKE made by U? Please come to my guesthouse and I refund your money back but don't forget to pay TUK TUK driver. Agoda has mentioned about this issue and they know what kind of person you are. Please walk if you don't have enough budget. Don't cheat our TUK TUK driver. Even our country is poor, your 5$ can't pay even our breakfast. Be honest and fair since you r from Europe country. You are the first one for me that asking for free pick up which costs exactly the equal our room price. I think it is not stupid for you since you do business like this in your country. If you want to meet me and agoda agency, please come to my guesthouse or email.

Reviewed 6 January 2014

The location, the staff and the space of the room are ok, but the rest......
The carpet in the room looks dirty, little carpets up on, to hide what?
The 2 beds of room 201 were made up strange, the sheets looked like when you protect something from dust. So no decent made up beds.
The shabby curtains hide a terrible view, right into the slums of Phone Penh. The windows half with bars, which made you feel like in prison.
No trashcan, no toilet paper and the towels looked used.
The telephone not working.
Ants in bed and a visit of a cockroach on the bed made it complete.
How come all the good reviews on TA???
Is 201 the only room like that? I can not believe that.
We booked by Agoda, already payed otherwise we would have left searching for an other place to stay.

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
5  Thank TorretjedeCorse
Reviewed 18 December 2013

i had a room with balcony which was great..i can watch the action on the street as it faces the market..lots of street food stalls in the area..and the main tourists sights are just a stone throw away no need for tuk tuk, just walk..clean rooms and the staff are very helpful..will definitely stay again when i go back to phnom penh

Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ladyrc1115
Reviewed 5 December 2013

I would give 6 points if I could, but I can't.

We ended up in Golden Palace by chance, because our hotel before was terrible. We wanted to stay for one night, but ended up staying almost a week...! Nice large rooms, great area and super friendly people!! What do you want more...

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple