“Poor hotel, bad location, not trained staff”
Review of Rain Rock Hotel

Rain Rock Hotel
Ranked #145 of 281 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 17 May 2013

The Hotel has not been a good experience: the location looks quite dangerous, the service is very poor and the food is really not nice.However the rooms are clean and you can reach the Russian Market quite easily
There are much better places in Phnom Pehn which cost the same

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Eur0peangl0betr0tter

Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and although the rooms were nice, it wasn't four star standard. The bathroom was clean enough but the corners were dirty and I looked like they had swept the dirt into the corner instead of cleaning it up. Breakfast was very Asian which was okay but the rice and omelette and other food was all cold. The room was, however, very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed: January 2013
Reviewed 24 January 2013

I spent 2 + 1 days in this hotel in January. It s a **** hotel. Rooms corridors and lobby were very clean. For my first stay I asked for a large bed in a quite location. I had a very small deluxe room (less than 30 sq m indicate on my reservation via hotels.com -expedia-) a little bit noisy -there is some constructions outside and Cambodian people cant drive without horning....They don t have double glassed windows as we have in Europe! For my second stay I ask why the room is so small. The lobby told me that they have big rooms but with 2 beds. So I change easily with the lobby people, very courteous and helpful. They speak good and fluent English with a characteristic Asian accent! And I had a very big room (30 sq m) and very quite with a city view. The rooms have very good equipments and amenities. There is a big shower ( a l italienne). I had free pick up from the airport and from the bus station ( only one pick up for each booking : you have to pre-book and to give your flight or bus details). They have free wifi internet. Sometimes there were incommode smells in the bathroom (Cambodia people dont have the same water evacuation system as we have). This hotel is a bit far from the city but the cost of a tuk-tuk taxi to go downtown is around 2 US$. Good clean and quite place to stay outside the noisy nightlife of the Cambodia Capital.

Room Tip: Simply ask by mail the exact room you want after you have booked...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank ChristianMONCEAU
Reviewed 10 January 2013

New hotel, with a very nice room and clean , room view to city, it just 10 minutes walk to super market, front desk staff can speak well English and Chinese...breakfast buffet ,test good... i am happy and feel comfort to stayed there, coz quiet at night time no any one disturb... the important is good rate with free airport pick up too.

Room Tip: Twin room are large side for 2 Pax, but am happy with double coz am staying alone..
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled on business
1  Thank Neally
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I made a reservation via email at Rain Rock Hotel to stay there for 8 nights in March 2013 but the "devil was in the details" so I cancelled! I was corresponding with the manager so whatever he told me was undoubtedly their policy. Unlike other hotels I have stayed at in PP (from 2 star to 4 star) this one wanted a deposit of one-half my total amount upfront (immediately). Furthermore, he said, if I were to cancel for some reason, there would be no refund! That would be true even if I cancelled a month in advance. I tried to explain to him that other hotels where I have stayed have no such restrictions on their reservations but he wouldn't budge and gave me all the reasons why he had to do that. Further, he was going to charge me more if I booked directly with the hotel than if I used Agoda or Trip Advisor to secure my reservation. First he said Agoda's quoted price online was their 2012 prices. Then when I explained that Agoda's price was still $27 per night instead of the $35 he quoted me, he backed down from that argument and then said Agoda could afford to offer per night prices for less. Coupling all of that with the location of Rain Rock which is "nowhere" according to my PP friend who went there to check it out, I just gave up and will now make reservations back at Silver River where I have stayed before and where I never have problems.

Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
Reviewed 7 January 2013

My room was very small. No safe in room. Bathroom was also small. Air conditioning and TV was good. Not in the best location. Breakfast was not good; the "hot" dishes were cold. The hotel had promised to pick me up from the bus station but I guess they forgot (I don't know the reason as there were no apologies - I had emailed to remind them just a few days prior) as there is complimentary pick up. When I called, it was hard to communicate so I just took a Tuktuk. When I got there, and had explained what happened, they did not say anything. In the end, I made them give me a ride to the airport for free.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 13 December 2012

I stayed there for 3 nights with friends. Location is not very good, far from river side but the money I paid is really low. I tried calculating many times how they are earning with this rent. Air conditioning is good. rooms are of decent size. but you are not allowed to open the window till 4th floor. they are always locked. breakfast is not very good but not bad either. Bathrooms are big. you will not regret if you stay there. try to book twin beds as room is really big.

Room Tip: choose a twin room and higher floor rooms
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends