“One nighter only”

Rain Rock Hotel
Ranked #145 of 264 Hotels in Phnom Penh
“One nighter only”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 May 2013 via mobile

Not worth the money spent. Stay elsewhere.

Con:
- terrible location, far from everything
- breakfast was awful. Upon check in was told by the person in charge that there wasn't enough guest so the buffet breakfast was canceled but we would be able to order from their menu. When we went to breakfast the next morning buffet was set up with barely any food. Tried to order from the menu but everything on the menu was unavailable. Ordered an omelette abs they brought us fried rice with so much msg in it. We ended up going out to eat.
- staff does not know much English except the bare minimum
- pick up service from airport not worth it as they sent a tuk tuk who parked outside the airport so you had to walk a way, not good if you had a long flight and kids
-staff are very loud in the hallways during the day so if you are jet lag and trying to rest it's not good
- room has balcony but it's so narrow there's no point to it at all

Pro:
-deluxe room is spacious and clean
- lots of storage space for your luggage

• Stayed May 2013

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (12)
Beijing, China
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 May 2013

The Hotel has not been a good experience: the location looks quite dangerous, the service is very poor and the food is really not nice.However the rooms are clean and you can reach the Russian Market quite easily
There are much better places in Phnom Pehn which cost the same

Room Tip: The rooms are quiet
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Eur0peangl0betr0tter

Travellers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 January 2013 via mobile

We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and although the rooms were nice, it wasn't four star standard. The bathroom was clean enough but the corners were dirty and I looked like they had swept the dirt into the corner instead of cleaning it up. Breakfast was very Asian which was okay but the rice and omelette and other food was all cold. The room was, however, very comfortable and we enjoyed our stay.

• Stayed January 2013
Biscarrosse, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 January 2013

I spent 2 + 1 days in this hotel in January. It s a **** hotel. Rooms corridors and lobby were very clean. For my first stay I asked for a large bed in a quite location. I had a very small deluxe room (less than 30 sq m indicate on my reservation via hotels.com -expedia-) a little bit noisy -there is some constructions outside and Cambodian people cant drive without horning....They don t have double glassed windows as we have in Europe! For my second stay I ask why the room is so small. The lobby told me that they have big rooms but with 2 beds. So I change easily with the lobby people, very courteous and helpful. They speak good and fluent English with a characteristic Asian accent! And I had a very big room (30 sq m) and very quite with a city view. The rooms have very good equipments and amenities. There is a big shower ( a l italienne). I had free pick up from the airport and from the bus station ( only one pick up for each booking : you have to pre-book and to give your flight or bus details). They have free wifi internet. Sometimes there were incommode smells in the bathroom (Cambodia people dont have the same water evacuation system as we have). This hotel is a bit far from the city but the cost of a tuk-tuk taxi to go downtown is around 2 US$. Good clean and quite place to stay outside the noisy nightlife of the Cambodia Capital.

Room Tip: Simply ask by mail the exact room you want after you have booked...
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank ChristianMONCEAU
Singapore, Singapore
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 January 2013

New hotel, with a very nice room and clean , room view to city, it just 10 minutes walk to super market, front desk staff can speak well English and Chinese...breakfast buffet ,test good... i am happy and feel comfort to stayed there, coz quiet at night time no any one disturb... the important is good rate with free airport pick up too.

Room Tip: Twin room are large side for 2 Pax, but am happy with double coz am staying alone..
  • Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Neally
Goodyear, Arizona
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

I made a reservation via email at Rain Rock Hotel to stay there for 8 nights in March 2013 but the "devil was in the details" so I cancelled! I was corresponding with the manager so whatever he told me was undoubtedly their policy. Unlike other hotels I have stayed at in PP (from 2 star to 4 star) this one wanted a deposit of one-half my total amount upfront (immediately). Furthermore, he said, if I were to cancel for some reason, there would be no refund! That would be true even if I cancelled a month in advance. I tried to explain to him that other hotels where I have stayed have no such restrictions on their reservations but he wouldn't budge and gave me all the reasons why he had to do that. Further, he was going to charge me more if I booked directly with the hotel than if I used Agoda or Trip Advisor to secure my reservation. First he said Agoda's quoted price online was their 2012 prices. Then when I explained that Agoda's price was still $27 per night instead of the $35 he quoted me, he backed down from that argument and then said Agoda could afford to offer per night prices for less. Coupling all of that with the location of Rain Rock which is "nowhere" according to my PP friend who went there to check it out, I just gave up and will now make reservations back at Silver River where I have stayed before and where I never have problems.

Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
Vancouver, Canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 January 2013

My room was very small. No safe in room. Bathroom was also small. Air conditioning and TV was good. Not in the best location. Breakfast was not good; the "hot" dishes were cold. The hotel had promised to pick me up from the bus station but I guess they forgot (I don't know the reason as there were no apologies - I had emailed to remind them just a few days prior) as there is complimentary pick up. When I called, it was hard to communicate so I just took a Tuktuk. When I got there, and had explained what happened, they did not say anything. In the end, I made them give me a ride to the airport for free.

• Stayed December 2012, travelled solo