“nice hotel and good location”

Ranked #80 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Sihanoukville, Cambodia
“nice hotel and good location”
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Nice hotel and good location. Lovely and helpful staff. The pool was nice and clean. The room was a bit small for its price but clean. The bathroom was beautiful but the towels very smelly, had to ask for a change everyday. Beside this minor details, our stay was really nice.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Vimol C, General Manager at Skyline Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 23 August 2014
Dear Mango S,

Thank you very much for your kind support to Skyline Boutique Hotel during your recent visit to Phnom Penh. We appreciate your valuable comments and very pleased to learn that you were enjoyed your stay at the hotel. Your feedback is very important to us to continue improvement to meet guest expectation. Please contact us at info@skyline.com.kh if we can be of any services you may need.
Look forward to welcoming you back again in the near future.

Skyline Boutique Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (30)
Ballarat, Australia
Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

My mum and I stayed here for 1 night for our last night in Cambodia. The staff were extremely friendly and helpful with all requests. The breakfast included was simple. The room we had was very large. The bathroom was clean but had an unpleasant odour. I think there was a drain problem. The room would be great if travelling with kids. Nice outdoor area with pool. $3 tuk tuk ride to city centre, all major sights are easily accessible by tuk tuk from this nice, quieter location. Walking distance to a variety of restaurants. Close to national monument.

Stayed July 2014
Guangzhou
Reviewed 8 July 2014

I stayed for a couple on nights in June 2014. It is a little oasis in hectic Phenom Penh, the staff are fantastic, both helpful, friendly, nothing was too much for them. They arranged a pickup from the airport for me.

I had a clean room next to the pool which was great, nice large bed, big bathroom and a small kitchen. The room has most things you expect, but I did use the power board I carry and adaptor plug so I could charge and run my laptop from next to the bed.

The small cafe next to the pool has a garden setting and was good with good priced food and very cold beer, it was also a great place to catch up my my friends.

I did find the tiles a little slippery after a big down pour so you need to be careful.

There are some desktop computers to use in the foyer and there are a few excellent restaurants close by including the Aussie XL bar which has a great range of western food and TV for watching sport.

I will stay here next trip, it feels like a big house and you feel like you are at home.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dear ChinaKent,

Thank you so so much for the great review of our hotel:)

We are very happy that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again.

Norwich, United Kingdom
Reviewed 18 June 2014

Loved this hotel! Such a wonderful surprise amongst the hustle and bustle. We only planned to stay 2 nights, but ended up staying 5. Really good value. Lovely pool and garden at the back. Quiet area and the lunches were very nice. It's a short tuk tuk ride into the centre of town, but can easily be walked too. There was a lovely restaurant at the end of the road.. Can't remember what it was called, but seemed to be popular with the locals and we had a great meal there.

There is free wifi and use of desk top computers and printer, which is excellent when travelling.

The only issue was when we checked out.. There was a lamp which was very low above the bed, which my friend had knocked her head on. The glass broke and they wanted to charge us for it. It was a complete accident and a stupid place to put a lamp. It caused a bit of friction, which spoiled the end a little. Other than that, lovely hotel.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled with friends
Dear Alimalli_12

Thank you so so much for the great review of our hotel!

We are glad that you enjoyed your stay and hope to see you again as our regular very soon.

UK
Reviewed 25 May 2014

I wanted to really like this place because it has all the right things going for it. Convenient yet peaceful location, decent accommodation and nice pool and surroundings. However to be honest I had some issues.

Firstly despite arriving and checking in with me, my wife had two very uncomfortable occasions when arriving back at the hotel she was mistaken for a hooker and treated as such. Also the mosquitoes in the room were unrelenting, I don't know where they were coming from but they just kept coming.

The food was a bit disappointing. Breakfast was very strict - you can have 3 things in your omlette not 4 - you can have an omlette but not an omlette with bacon. We both got sick after eating spaghetti here for lunch on one occasion.

In conclusion I would go back if they could do something about the mosquitoes.

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank zipfish
Dear Zipfish,

Thank you very much for your recent visit at Skyline Boutique Hotel and for taking your time to provide feedback which is always valuable for us to improve.

I truly apologize for the shortfall in regards mosquito and breakfast. I definitely will ensure everything would be improved including the selection of our breakfast.

Please let me know personally if you have a chance to return to Phnom Penh and stay with us via my email info@skyline.com.kh or vimolchhorn@skyline.com.kh. I definitely will ensure that your next stay with us will be the most enjoyable and comfortable one.

Bangalore, India
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

The hotel was very good with a nice cafe located by the poolside. There were very limited options for breakfast and that's where the hotel fell short of expectations! The hotel was just 5 minutes away from the Mekong river and 20 minutes away from the airport.

Stayed April 2014
Vimol C, General Manager at Skyline Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 21 May 2014
Dear Lakshmi,

Thank you very much for your recent visit with us at Skyline Boutique Hotel

I am very happy to hear that you appreciated our unique location and our nice cafe located by the poolside. However, I am so sorry that our breakfast is still not met your expectation. From this, however, we would like to inform you that we have already improved our breakfast with more choices.

I do hope that we will have a chance to welcoming you back staying with us again very soon.

Best regards,
Vimol
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 5 April 2014 via mobile

Check in was fast and friendly. They walked us to our room and showed us where to locate items. Two minutes after we had closed the door to pack, a knock at our door was answered to find two glasses of cold, fresh squeezed lemon juice!

The beds were comfortable and the rooms didn't lack for anything. Early morning sunrises were spent on the large and nicely appointed balcony. The bathroom was clean with toiletries and robes provided.

I was hesitant about the breakfast after reading previous reviews and I have no idea why there was a problem - we found there was more than enough on offer on the menu and paying a little extra for quality coffee or juice to have the additional item didn't bother me after some of the terrible "all included" coffee and juice at previous hotels. Enjoying our breakfast in the court yard surrounded by flowers, butterflies and trees with friendly and helpful service more than made up for that!

The pool is clean and a wonderfully cooling way to spend the later part of the afternoon after walking around sightseeing in the hot sun. Well within walking distance of many fantastic restaurants.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Laura R
Vimol C, General Manager at Skyline Boutique Hotel, responded to this review, 17 April 2014
Dear Laura,

Thank you very much for your recent visit with us at Skyline Boutique Hotel, Phnom Penh.

Your excellent review has been shared to the team. They are very happy to learn that you had a pleasant stay. And they are more than happy, especially when they know that you definitely will return.

We are looking forward to welcoming you back again as our valued regular guest.

Best regards,