“An awesome boutique hotel not to be missed in Phnom Penh”

La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 264 Hotels in Phnom Penh
“An awesome boutique hotel not to be missed in Phnom Penh”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 October 2013

This is my first time staying in this boutique hotel in Phnom Penh. I used to stay at White Mansion Hotel and Naga World Hotel.

Well, I reached the hotel on 17 Oct at about 1.30pm and was greeted by their staffs with smiling faces. Their GM, Mr Many Young came to me and extended his warm welcome to me as well. My check-in was fast and hassle-free. Since I have some spare time before my meeting at 5pm, I have a short chat with him. All I can say that he is a well-trained personnel who does knows his work well. Thumbs up for him and his friendly staffs.

I've been traveling a fair bit for the past few months and my body's complaining to me. Therefore, I decided to try their in-house massage and it was awesome - no regrets at all. My whole body feels so relax and good. Their massage charges are relatively reasonable.

Having said that, I also wish to compliment Mr Many Young and his staffs for arranging my transportation to the Airport at a shortest time, considering that I have mixed up my flight timing. Their driver is so skilful on the road and ensured that I can reach the Airport on time. Splendid!!!

Lastly, I will definitely recommend this hotel to my fellow colleagues and friends in Singapore.

Room Tip: Get their deluxe room with massage bed and get them to light up the aromatic oil burner.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (62)
Kiev, Ukraine
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 October 2013

We booked at La Rose because of all the good revues we saw on tripadvisor. How disappointing we were. The room was not ready on time for us to check in. The staff looked adorable but the level of professionalism and English were not sufficient to understand our requests and help us book hotel in Siem reap. Breakfast was ok, room ok but not what you expect for that price.

I am expecting a rude answer from management as I saw in the other bad review but I have to say that for my taste this hotel is missing something, it is too cold, no soul in this place. For the same price there is much better choice in Phnom penh.

Taking the tuk tuk to access the pool is not really convenient.
We didn't try the spa.
We will not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Vincent B
Ridaya R, Manager at La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa, responded to this review, 25 October 2013
Experience has taught us a lot to deal with our guests with sympathy. We have never ever attempted to disregard any comment. If you were a guest, we're deeply sorry and to bad to hear that, but it wasn't true. However, we're really sorry to say again that we don't have your name in our booking record, and we didn't have any single guest from Ukrain to stay with us since we were opening. Please show us your booking info if you would like to see us improve your point.

Since La Rose has opened its door, we have never had any uncleaned, unfinished room for our guests or have never allowed such thing to happen, except someone that never experience with us, but just a competitor who always trying to downgrade our listing. Room is always ready for check in and we very carefully manage for check in and check out process. There is zero change to allow such thing to occur and we have never had one.

Our staff is well trained by PSE NGO in hospitality and they are well recognized. Of course they are vulnerable people and not a native but their language is very well understood and communicable with guest, they aren't fluent the way some people expect, but in term of serving guests, they do it from their heart. They were from the miserable children graduated from Pour un Sourire d’Enfant (PSE), which in English means “For a Child’s Smile”. As an international non-government organization born in Cambodia in 1995, they have a commitment to lift children out of misery and to give them the best chances to access the finest jobs. This organization rescues children from the dumps, helping them to acquire a skill and a job to ensure their own definitive survival, for them and their family. La Rose is a Corporate Social Responsibility business.

It seems like you are more than ready to hear a rude reply, we couldn't complaint though because creating TA account won't take that great patient and go in to comment and degrade other isn't that hard for people.

Let's reader read all attacking reviews and our management response and use their sense. Hopefully, reality will take lead and defeat misleading information and bad attempt.
Wels, Austria
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

A fantastic hotel with a worm welcome and a exclent service and all the romms are different so you cane choose what ever you want. La Rose is lokated very central not so fare from all place of interest. Over all a fantstic stay at the La Rose.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Ronny B
Hollister, California, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2013

From the gracious welcome upon arrival, to the beautifully appointed room, excellent food and incomparable service, La Rose Boutique Hotel far exceeded our expectations. We arrived late, exhausted and travel worn. Manager Many Young and his very competent staff went beyond the call of duty to make us comfortable in our spotless, modern yet traditionally Cambodian room. Artfully arranged fruit graced our sitting area. The bed was comfortable and charmingly carved. The bathroom was a marvel of form and function, with a waterfall tub and separate shower. The tuk tuk ride to the pool was short, and the pool itself a true oasis. Most important, Many and his team truly cared that our needs were met. Whatever the need, they sought to meet it. They offered us invaluable translation assistance as we were preparing for a medical mission on Tonle Sap lake. They arranged for our bus travel north. They accommodated--with no notice!-- friends who joined us for meals. When we tell our friends about our recent trip, the highlight in Phonm Penh was La Rose, its facility, its service and its wonderful staff. Thank you, Many, and thank you La Rose.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 October 2013

I would heartily recommend staying at this absolutely adorable lovely boutique hotel situated very centrally in Phnom Penh within an easy walking distance to the Russian Market or Riverside area and or within around 5 minutes by Tuk Tuk. It's such a gem of a hotel and I had the pleasure of staying here for 4 nights during our visit in Cambodia in September, and it was one of the highlights of our holiday. The room is very beautifully appointed, spacious, air conditioned with a very nice bathroom. The decor is extremely tasteful and exceptional, and there was an extremely high level of cleanliness throughout. I was also worried about the noise upon checking in as it was on the main road, but there was no need to worry as the room is so quiet with a double glass and sound proof and very industrial chic.

The staff were very extremely friendly and courteous, and especially. Mr Many Young who met us since on arrival, and made an effort to chat with me from time to time daily every time I was passing by to ensure that we were getting the most comfortable from our stay. He was extremely accommodating, and really went out of his way to help us.

The hotel serves breakfast, lunch and dinner, all in the Khmer style which is extremely very delicious and of course, there were European options as well. I had also taken the cooking class during my stay and I am really highly recommending you should not miss it if you would happen to stay here. I was taken by Tuk Tuk with the chef to the local market to buy our food, vegetables and ingredients, then brought back to La Rose kitchen to prepare our Khmer course meal. It's really our life time gift to bring back home to cook for my family and friends.

I also had the massage twice during my stay and I can say it's really an exceptional one and the best massage I'd ever had and I really enjoyed the spa pampering!

La Rose is a real gem in Phnom Penh, and is extremely well run and thank you so much to La Rose team and especially Mr. Many Young. My family and I, were really had a good time and enjoying staying at La Rose and of course, we will come back.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 October 2013

Had absolutely everything for absolutely anybody. Great food, clean and modern rooms, WiFi, the nest massages and above all fantastic service. The manager Many went out of his way to ensure our stay was first class....and it was. Recommend to this perfect hotel to anyone.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
Singapore, Singapore
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 September 2013

Been there on 12 to 14 Sep 2013.
I received email from the boss Vothy while i was in Siem Reap, told me that something cocked up, they have to put me in their sister hotel Hilary's for 1 of 3 nights. They apologized, showed sincerity by giving me a free massage plus a free dinner in La Rose, two way transfer from Mekong Express bus station and to PP airport. A little frustrated, but no complaint on their good attitude to correct mistake. Proper management.
Staffs are polite, GM Many knows every guest in the hotel. He fetched me from bus station, gave advices on tours, arranged transport and even called to check out if everything is fine during tour. BTW, no chance to bid farewell as I left the hotel on Sunday, his off day. I know he will read this, so: "Hi, Many, thank you and good bye".
I was upgraded to an executive room with a massage bed, which I had enjoyed my second massage there, masseurs are well trained. Room is comfy, cosy, fully equipped with shower and bath, wifi and satellite tv programs, coffee & tea facility.
Love the hotel ambience and service. Only dissatisfied with the location, all shopping or dining areas are too far to walk without a tuk tuk.

Room Tip: Room 102, facing the main road, but with two layers of window glass, no noise problem.
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo