“It’s all about the Staff!”

La Rose Boutique Hotel & Spa
Ranked #6 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Perth, Australia
“It’s all about the Staff!”
Reviewed 21 November 2013

The rooms and the food are very good but what makes this hotel one of the best is the staff. Throughout the hotel they are all polite, friendly and helpful.

Punleu was excellent, arranging our check-in and check-out, bus tickets to Siem Reap and a fantastic massage in the hotel Spa. \hineth and Sreyoun are two gorgeous ladies we took a special liking to – it was always a treat to get their assistance at the front desk. We also had a soft spot for Phireak, the bell boy who always around to help (with a huge smile) and even ran a few errands for us. (I hope I got their names right). Our cleaning lady too, was a lovely woman, who, very cheerfully, cleaned up a mess we made by accidentally smashing a full bottle of wine on the concrete floor.

We are massage addicts and chose the 90 minute aromatherapy massage. Our therapists, Mealea and Kimlin, gave us possibly the best massages we have ever had. Before the massage we were given a delicious fruit drink, followed by a foot bath. The massage itself was in a lovely massage room and I observed the time we were actually massaged for exceeded the 90 minutes allocated. After the massage we were given a refreshing hot cup of ginger tea. We recommend this high quality spa, as I see many of the other reviews also have.

The manager, Many, is always around and keeps a close eye on guests and staff to ensure everything is OK and all guests are well looked after. He was always helpful and even took some photos of us posing with a local driver we hired to show us the sights.

We paid US$120/night, which is expensive for this region but worth the money due to the high standard of the staff. You must be proud of them Many!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (64)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 November 2013

It's absolutely adorable lovely boutique hotel situated in central of Phnom Penh within 5 to 10 minutes to all the tourist attraction areas and riverside street. The room is beautiful decoration and very nice bathroom and it"s the high level of cleaness. I had the pleasure to stay just only 3 nights and I do wish I could stay more longer. It's such an unforgettable memory and highly recommend this hotel for the real relaxation stay and feel like home.

The staff are very friendly and helpful, especially the GM, Many is always making all his effort to talk with me daily in order to assure that I am getting the most comfortable stay.

The massage here is the best Spa ever that i highly recommend to everyone and must not miss it. I do also love the foods here which is the best Khmer foods in town for my this whole trip. I wish to come back and highly recommend this hotel to everyone. Thanks to the GM and the team that made my stay unforgettable.

Room Tip: La Rose Suite which attached with massage bed in the room is recommended.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Quezon City, Philippines
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Stayed in this little hotel for a weekend getaway last week. Had heard great things about this hotel and was quite intrigued by their hotel-cum-spa proposition.

Being a relatively new hotel, not many tuktuk or taxi drivers know the place. However, the property is situated right at a main road - Norodom Boulevard - which made locating it quite easy. I was given a welcome drink upon arrival at the hotel and the general manager came out to greet me and other guests during check-in time.

I was promptly shown to my room which I found to be quite spacious, new and most importantly, clean. There were two beds - one queen and one single bed which could easily fit 3. A generous fruit plate was provided, and it was placed beside a letter from the manager. Upon entering, it did not take long for me to notice just how nicely done the interiors were. It featured a bit of a modern touch with deliberately unfinished flooring, and lots of dark wooden furniture. The room was also well-stocked with amenities. The TV featured many channel

The bathroom here was divided into two - with the actual toilet area on one side and the shower area in another. Reason is because the shower area actually doubled as a steam room - a unique touch which I haven't seen in any of the hotels I've stayed in.

Breakfast was included with the stay and was ala carte. Guests had the choice of choosing Western or Asian style. I only managed to try the latter and I must say it was sumptuous and very much filling - it consisted of the usual breads, a main dish, fruits as well as a drink.

On the day of my check out I decided to try the local massage in their spa. The spa here is a bit more upmarket with the massage rooms having their own shower areas and with calming music to complement the spa treatments. It was certainly a perfect end to a weekend getaway to Phnom Penh!

Overall, I really enjoyed my stay and highly recommend the hotel. What I like, aside from the great ambience and quality of the rooms, is the personalized service. The marvelous spa service was an added plus as well.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
HK
Reviewed 31 October 2013

We very much enjoy our stay at La Rose. Nicely decorated! Very clean. Very friendly staff! Good location! Nice foods (especially the La Rose Salad. We had four in two days.) Nice Spa! Can't find anything negative here. They run the hotel with passion. We will for sure stay here again next time!

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with friends
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 October 2013

Lovely little hotel, really friendly staff - I was staying in one room with my two brothers and they bent over backwards to make sure we were as comfortable as possible without us even having to ask. Great food too.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 24 October 2013

We stayed at La Rose Boutique Hotel for three nights in early October. We loved it. The staff was wonderful. We ate a number of meals in their restaurant. Food was reasonably priced and delicious. We enjoyed every meal. We also had three spa treatments. All were as good or better than we have had in the US and at a much more reasonable price. We would highly recommend this hotel for anyone who would like to experience an authentic Cambodian hotel (not US chain hotel).

We'd love to return some day!

Wayne, Mary & Erika

• Stayed October 2013
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 October 2013

Nice boutique hotel with very skilful and attentive staff and a great general manager who really cares for his guests. The location is not quite as convenient to the Palace and town centre as some other hotels but the rooms are good and quiet and the guests are very nicely looked after.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple