“Excellent.”
Review of Green Palace Hotel

Green Palace Hotel
Ranked #79 of 278 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Reviewed 26 November 2013 via mobile

Even though we had only spent about a night in the green palace hotel, it has a lasting impression. The beds were soft, the rooms were clean and spacious and there was also a nice greeting card for us when we entered the rooms. The hotel is really beautiful, and the view while may not be some beachside or greenery scene, the night view of The entire city is really great. Service was , simply, quick, efficient and on the dot. Excellent and warm. The breakfast is a also a wonderful surprise to us and it was truly memorable. The only downside is that we can hear people traveling down the corridors even when they are not making a lot of noise as well as the complicated heater to get got water, other than that, a really enjoyable stay.

Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends

Reviewed 1 October 2013 via mobile

The hotel is clean and easily identifiable in this part of town. Nearby are lots of eateries and the Main Street is just 2 blocks away. It is also easily accessible to most places of interest.

I am staying in a room with balcony, the balcony is a nice place to see the city view in the day and at night. However was expecting a slightly bigger room although the size is decent enough.

Bathroom was clean and the hotel is general is well maintained, one complaint though is the small bathtub. I am relatively small size and I find it too small for me I wonder if the larger Caucasians will be able to squeeze into the bathtub.

Service is excellent, although many do not speak English well, they are trying their best and are very deferential to my needs. Well done!

• Stayed: September 2013
2  Thank leesysg
Reviewed 17 September 2013

Not only did I stay at the Green Palace hotel from 25th-30th August as a guest, but I also was organiser of a workshop which Green Palace hosted involving 25 persons from around Southeast Asia. Each of the guests stayed at Green Palace during the week and each of us was extremely happy with the rooms, the service, the restaurant food, the meeting venue and the staff.

First of all, it is noteworthy that Green Palace responded quickly to my initial request for a quote for a week long meeting. I emailed dozens of hotels around Southeast Asia -- some of them responded weeks later and some not at all. The professional staff at Green Palace always could be counted on to respond to my emails within 24 hours or less. This is so very important from a business context - to know that you are being taken seriously and that you are dealing with professionals.

Every detail I requested -- every single one -- was handled with precision and efficiency by the Green Palace organistational staff.

The meeting room on the 16th floor was perfect. The facilities (electronic projector, sound system) worked without fail during the week. There was always an IT guy available to help in case we had questions. The room was spacious enough that we could spread out and work in groups when we needed to, while also providing a venue suitable for seminars and presentations.

For our meeting we had morning and afternoon tea/coffee breaks which came with food and other beverages. The food was good and everything was clean and on time.

We also had lunch provided. Rather than the basic sandwiches I expected, we were treated to high quality dinners with a wide variety of Cambodian and other Southeast Asian dishes. There was fish, poultry and beef and much more. Participants who were vegetarians and who required Halal dishes were catered to.

My room was small (although my colleague's was not). Even so, I had clear and reliable wifi internet in the room, a shower with good water pressure, a comfortable bed, a mini fridge and a large flat screen TV with over 50 channels. My room was clean and tidy during the stay. I was very satisfied with the room, as were my colleagues.

I also used the exercise room (which was a full fledged club rather than one room with an exercise bike) and had a reputable/professional Khmer massage at the salon, which was reasonably priced.

I had dinner twice at the hotel restaurant -- once on the third floor and once on the roof, which affords spectacular views of Phnom Penh. Food was very good and reasonably priced.

I found the staff to be helpful, respectful and approachable. Service was always at the top of their minds. The staff are not fluent in English but their knowledge was sufficient that I could communicate questions and requests.

Suggestion to guests -- get a business card from the hotel with the name in Khmer. The hotel is new enough that not all the tuk-tuk and taxi drivers know where it is.

Suggestion to hotel -- you really need a business centre. It was possible to print out items at the front desk (thank you) but a business centre would be really good. With all the amenities you offer, it's surprising that you don't have a dedicated business centre.

Summary:
I am an experienced world traveller, having visited 60+ countries for business. I am a Top Contributor on Tripadvisor. I have high standards. I am pleased to report that Green Palace hotel was excellent from start to finish, representing incredible value. I wholeheartedly recommend the hotel to potential guests and to anyone contemplating having a professional meeting like I did.

Room Tip: High floor = nice view
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled on business
3  Thank zmrzlina
Reviewed 6 August 2013

I just stayed for 1 night in this hotel while I was on a business trip.The hotel is ok but the staff are not friendly,courteous.The toilet is also not clean though this seems to be a relatively new property.

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 26 July 2013

Nice building and location . friendly reception and help full. nice lobby even small. room not so nice in the bath room, clean not so good ! internet is well. my breakfast is good but when the food finished i have to wait to completed my breakfast. staff grooming not good, very low standard and english also low. when I talk to the staff have to repeat again with bellman and lady in restaurant. room rate is acceptable. Me and my friend are happy with you. you should upgrade your service, you get good location and nice building.......

Room Tip: Deluxe Room with high floor, good view of town
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Thomas D
Reviewed 28 April 2013 via mobile

tje hotel is located in Orussey Market area where is in the popular place in terms of local restaurants and shopping. the staffs were friendly. The breakfast was not really good (choices). It's to be said good but no bacon. in overview, it's new and clean hotel.

• Stayed: April 2013
1  Thank Sokhorn
Reviewed 5 April 2013

just one night at Green Palace Hotel in Phnom Penh, the location was closed to business area and good price. the manager Mr. Sophea, to the bellboys, cleaners, restaurant staff professional, friendly and downright delightful people. For such a hight Hotel the rooms are very quiet and nicely appointed and comfortable.Can't wait to stay again next time. would recomment to other traveller.

• Stayed: April 2013, travelled on business