“Good place”

Ranked #19 of 267 Hotels in Phnom Penh
Nieuw-Vennep, Holland
“Good place”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed 3 nights here and it was a good hotel with nice and helpfull staff.
Breakfast was also good only the coffee was not mine taste, but in the room you can make your
own coffee. The place is about 20 minutes walk to the centre and to S21 prison.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (131)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
glasgow
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

I've been travelling SE Asia for 8 weeks now. I've lost count of how many hotels/guesthouses/homestays I've stayed in. So I feel I have the right to post an honest review.

We arrived at the airport to be greeted by our friendly driver arranged by the hotel. Check in was smooth, the staff super friendly and nice. Went to the room, first thing I noticed was a hole that I could fit my fist into on the pillowcase. Also one of the towels was not clean.

The second day housekeeping left us fresh towels, but I was shocked to find a huge bundle of hair stuck to the towel, and on display the way the towel had been left sitting, so I'm not sure how they could have missed it?

Service was good, hotel restaurant was just ok (better options nearby) the staff are really nice. I also really liked the recommended tuk tuk prices board outside the hotel, good for helping avoid being ripped off

This hotel badly needs to do a full check of its linen - towels and bedding. Clean, fresh towels, and bedding in good condition is at the very foundations of operating a hotel, so after our experience I was a little shocked.

Had another 2 night stay booked for when We return from siem reap in a weeks time, but cancelled it and moved to another hotel.

It is a nice place, and I would stay there again if there were not many other options available, but after our experience I thought we'd be best served giving another hotel the chance of our business.

Stayed June 2014
2 Thank Padwala
Davy C, General Manager at TeaHouse, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Dear Guest, I am sorry you had suffer all these inconveniences while staying with us, normally before we release each room to guest our housekeeping manager and her assistant had double check the room, yes it is our fault that we did not see such a big hold on pillowcase and a hug of bundle of hair and some other issues you had experiences, we will double check all these issues and fix everything the best we can and hope other guest will not experience the same. Regards, Davy Chan (General Manager)
London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 May 2014 via mobile

This hotel was my second home as I was working in Cambodia and spent every weekend here. The rooms are very clean and comfortable with decent hot showers. The staff are really friendly and helpful. The reception tea is great for lounging in. Good wifi connection. Great breakfast and restaurant. I stayed in a couple of other places before I found the Teahouse and this place is really good value for money in comparison. Highly recommend it. Good location too.

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Queenstown, NZ
Reviewed 30 May 2014

We generally go for cheaper hotels so it was a real treat to stay at the TeaHouse- and yet such a bargain too. From the moment we walked into the colourful, elegant lobby and were handed a cool drink by the friendly staff, we felt pampered. They gave us a free upgrade to a superior room as our booked standard room was taken. It was roomy, with a safe, fridge and TV and nice decor. Our only complaint was that the Air Con was not very cold, however in our son's room next door it was fine. Also wifi was patchy in our room but fine downstairs in the restaurant. The pool was a real bonus in the 36+ temperatures, and the free breakfast was great: fruit, juice, salads, croissants, about 5 hot dishes and omelettes/eggs cooked on the spot. The restaurant served good food, if rather pricy. An oasis in the heart of Phnom Penh, we would return in a flash.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
Delft
Reviewed 30 May 2014

That is the first thing I remember; the shower. It was the best shower I took on my 7 week trip and it was at the right time after a horrible busride.

We paid 30dollars a night also knowing that the pool was under construction. It was worth its. Nice looking rooms with a comforable bed and (of course) the shower. Also with TV with some movie channels (when it becomes too hot outside), friendly staff with a welcome drink, fresh water every day. It is also on a good location. If you turn left you are quickly on the 63street with some good restaurants and if you turn right is a 20 minutes walk to the streets with the pubs. or take a tuk tuk. The have some drivers just outside the door that work according to fixed prices listed at the hotel

The breakfast was decent and they bake you the egg you would like to have. The only thing was that beside egg and bread or an asia hot meal there was no spreads like cheese or ham. There was only some jam. So maybe that's something to improve because the rest was excellent

thepavilion, Owner at TeaHouse, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Many thanks for this great review! The pool is now done and I think it looks great... Thanks for your patience during the construction! Cheers, Alexis (TeaHouse co-owner)
Canberra, Australia
Reviewed 26 May 2014

A very nice and modern hotel not too far from the palace, museum and river. All the furnishings are very tastefully done and the rooms were very comfortable and a joy to return to after a day out in the heat. Also has a very nice but not so big swimming pool and restaurant with a wide selection of excellent food and teas as the name suggests.

thepavilion, Owner at TeaHouse, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Many thanks for this great review! The pool is now done and working well! Cheers, Alexis (TeaHouse co-owner)
Reviewed 24 May 2014 via mobile

I loved this place.. clean professionals as a solo traveller they gave me tips on what to do marked the map for places to go adviced me how much i should pay the tuk tuk and safety tips. They were excellent and I will stay here again. Thank you for making my trip the best ever...

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo