“I wouldn't stay again.”

Ranked #133 of 325 Phnom Penh B&B and Inns
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“I wouldn't stay again.”
Reviewed 11 May 2014

The manager was so rude, I've never met a manager so rude and obnoxious. The dorm was good although no locks on the toilets or the bathroom. Very good air con, but was woken up every morning very early by construction/building/drilling right outside our window

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Webby1993

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (17)
Siem Reap, Cambodia
Reviewed 9 May 2014

My family and I stayed just one night at the GB2 at the recommendation of a tuk tuk driver (should have known better). The price was ok. The location, ok. The room was ok, until the music started downstairs. Earplugs!!!! And then my favorite part....wait for it.....there were bugs in the bed...not necessarily "bedbugs" since I've never seen them in person before, but definitely bugs in the bed.
They definitely overcharge for bus tickets. When we went elsewhere to buy ours, they gave us a hard time about it. It wasn't great.

Room Tip: Go somewhere else!
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Earlibird

Travellers are raving about these Phnom Penh hotels

Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed 3 May 2014

Stayed here a few weeks ago for 2 nights and apart from being sold an overpriced bus ticket everything else was okay. Unfortunately stayed here again for the night and our opinions changed drastically!

The hotel is in a good location 5 minutes away from the central market and shopping centre. Stayed in a private room with private bathroom and it was clean and tidy. The A/C isn't great but the fan in the room is more than enough.

The hotel reception is constantly full of tuk tuks drivers, they take up table space and use the pool table making it impossible for any guests to use.

Came back here for 1 night a few weeks later and the experience was totally different, at first it was great, we walked in and were recognised straight away by the manager and put in exactly the same room (excellent). Once we'd put our bags in the room we went out, on the way out one of the other guys in reception stopped us and asked us to pay for our stay and for our passport (although they already had a copy). He got very aggressive when I told him I didn't have it with me. I then offered to pay, and he then got angry because I didn't have the right change.

When we returned the manager was back and we asked again about bus tickets. We asked for discounts etc but he told us that he only gave us the previous time because he owned the bus company and this company was different (strange how when we got the bus the next day the bus picked us up from the same location and had the same name on the front!). Anyway this wasn't the worst...

That night, knowing we were up early to get the bus the next morning, we were woken at 2am by another member of staff, he knocked constantly for 5 minutes before I answered the door, when I did he said someone was waiting downstairs for me, I informed him I wasn't expecting anyone and he didn't let it go asking if I was sure, after a further discussing he left and I went back to sleep. 5 minutes later another knock on the door, this time the staff member in question had brought up the visitor to check, on seeing me answer the door they simply looked at me and walked off, no apology, nothing!

The following morning we had a knock on the door 5 minutes before we were due to leave to say we needed to hurry up, we left without a thank you or goodbye!

My advice DO NOT STAY HERE, it is full of creepy, scamming, unfriendly staff who only want to fill their own back pockets!

• Stayed May 2014
Reviewed 18 April 2014 via mobile

Slept in the dorm. What was oké but a little bit overpriced 8 dollar a night. They where constructing right outside, next to the window ofthe dorm. Luckely i had earplugs. Don't buy bustickets here they are to expensive!

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 April 2014 via mobile

Our tuktuk driver got us of here and the room and price was reasonable, so we stayed here for one night. At first our door didnt have any lock, it got one within an hour, and it worked, but when we went to bed, the door wouldnt close.. we found a solution ourselves though. The room was clean and the bed comfy with almost a real duvet from back home(!) We only stayed one night because it was not our kind of neighbourhood, too many bars. We asked in the reception about a nightbus to Bangkok and they said 38 $. At our new guesthouse it is only 24 $. I dont know if the price difference also equals a quality difference or not...
But! I must say, with the good bed and the aircon, it is the best sleep i have had for weeks.

Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
Nordfjordeid, Norway
Reviewed 15 March 2014

Bedbugs and not clean, especially dorms. I would pick another place. We were sent here by a different hostel and didn't read about it first. We had some girl in the group that freaked out by the bedbugs and refused to stay. The reception did refund for the people who left. Even if you like to save money on your trip, there are better ways to do it. It's also close to the red light district.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank ErlendOs2014
Kampot, Cambodia
Reviewed 4 March 2014 via mobile

I only stayed one night but the staff were efficient & friendly, room 29 is small but quiet and has a very comfortable bed & soft pillows for a good nights rest if you are a tired traveler. The shower is very powerful! Just use for sleeping.

Stayed March 2014, travelled solo