Rambutan Resort - Phnom Penh
White Mansion(Phnom Penh)
US$96
US$88
  • Breakfast included
G Mekong Hotel(Phnom Penh)
US$52
US$36
US$33
Agoda.com
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsoutdoor bathtubthe penthousetuk tukpolished concrete floorsthe salt water poolsister propertyan oasispool area isrussian marketceiling fanboutique hotelnice poolbusy citystayed here for nightsthe hustle and bustlesmall hotelquiet street
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Lovely calm place to stay with staff who can't stop smiling. Great rooms, cocktails fabulous. The whole atmosphere of the hotel was relaxed. so hadn't realised it when I booked it That it was gay friendly. But I think these folks are friendly to everyone no matter who you are. You can't do better for a homely welcoming place to stay. I would stay there again no problem.

• Stayed: July 2014
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We stayed 3 nights in mid July at Rambutan Resort in Phnom Penh.

We organised for a car to pick us up from the airport for $11 USD each way. Car was waiting for us, so no hassles there. Upon arrival at Rambutan we received a complimentary room upgrade - this was a nice touch!

The room itself was great - very simple but nicely styled with a modern design. The hot water in the shower took a little while to come through - but eventually did (we found this was the case everywhere we stayed in Cambodia).

The resort serves a great a la carte breakfast which was included in our room rate. Also has a nice pool for relaxing after a big day out sightseeing.

Resort has a lot of staff, however they are not the most attentive. A little more training would go a long way. In saying this, they were always polite and courteous.

We also ate at the resort's restaurant as the hotel is a little out of the way. The closest "restaurant area" is a 15-20 minute walk from the hotel or short tuk tuk ride.

Was overall a pleasant stay. I would recommend.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 13 July 2014

This doesn't look much from the outside, squeezed between other establishments and with all the motos parked out the front but it's a modern hotel with young and friendly staff and a cafe alongside the salt water pool. The rooms are minimalist with polished concrete floors and plate glass doors on the separate shower and toilet. There's also a bath out on the balcony. It's not right in the centre of town but there are always plenty of tuk tuk drivers waiting outside to take you wherever you want to go for $2-3. The food and the fruit smoothies are very good; and I had one of the best massages in Cambodia in the upstairs massage room.

Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 9 July 2014

I traveled to Phnom Penh to visit my girlfriend who was working there for the summer. She booked us a room at Rambutan for the first two nights of my stay. The room we got was very nice. Like many of the buildings in the city, the walls were made of smooth concrete that helped the room stay cool. It had a very nice rainfall shower and a very comfortable bed. The rooms AC was fantastic and for someone not used to the heat that Cambodia can produce, was a blessing. The other features of the hotel that I really enjoyed was the salt water pool that I hung out in and by while my girlfriend was working and the amazing kitchen/restaurant they had. There are just a few tables next to the pool where they serve food, but all of the meals were very good. I still miss their chicken caesar salad. The staff that works there were so friendly and always took such good care of us. One gentleman named Righ who is almost always there was especially great and always a pleasure to talk to. So after our 2nd day we had originally planned on switching to a different hotel, just to stay somewhere else, but both my girlfriend and myself liked the place so much we decided to stay there for my entire stay in Phnom Penh.
About half way through our stay we traveled to Siem Reap where they have a sister hotel, called the Golden Banana. Since we had such a nice time at Rambutan we decided to stay there for the 4 days we were going to be visiting the temples. There is both a hotel and a resort owned by Rambutan and the resort was exceptionally nice, the room we stayed in had a roof top patio with a shower and a tub. Somewhat confusingly though there is another Golden Banana hotel right between the two Rambutan properties, so make sure its a Rambutan property if you are looking those up. It caused us a little confusion when we first arrived. Overall our experience there was honestly just as good.
So by the end of my stay in Cambodia I spent 7 nights at Rambutan and 4 nights at the Golden Banana. I would honestly go back to both in a heart beat. For the price, it was such a good deal and I honestly think the people who worked there were some of the nicest people I met while I was there. I highly recommend them.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank sponger137
Reviewed 18 June 2014

I spent two lovely nights at the Rambutan Phnom Penh. The hotel came as a recommendation from a friend and didn't disappoint at all. One of the first things you notice is the attention to detail, especially in the room, very well appointed and misses nothing, everything you need.
Rambutan has to be one of the friendliest hotels I've ever stayed in, the minute you walk through the door you are made to feel at home by all the staff. From the management to house keeping all the staff are a very happy team which reflects in their treatment towards guests.
Getting around the city couldn't be easier with the many Tuk Tuks & taxis which are always located just outside the hotel. Just tell a member of staff where you would like to go and your ride arrives immediately. Trust, safety and price are all overseen by the hotel so no worries or surprises will occur.
I am already planning a return trip to Rambutan soon, also on my list is a visit to the other hotels they have in Siam Reep, both of which look equally appealing.
All in all Rambutan is a real find and is one of the nicest hotels I've stayed in, I can't recommend it more so go on give it a try, you'll love it.

Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo