“The Sous Vide burger”

Garage Bar
Ranked #296 of 1,428 Restaurants in Phnom Penh
Price range: US$3 - US$8
Dining options: After-hours
Description: Phnom Penh's premier music bar, located two doors from the riverfront.Great music,Great food and friendly staff.Great selection of drinks with free wifi
los angeles
“The Sous Vide burger”
Reviewed 14 July 2013

Having lived in pp for about a decade, and having sampled several burgers over the years, this joint gets my vote for the best burger in town. The owner is an expert on several types of cuisine, the music is excellent, varies from folk to country to several types of rock, and the clientele are affable. all in all, a great place to spend a few hours, down a few brews, chow down and shoot the s**t.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank tonlebassac

• Thai first
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great Bar Cuisine”
Reviewed 3 July 2013

Relaxed atmosphere...great selection of classic rock, nice selection of burgers, sausages, and other pub grub to make for a relaxing evening.

Visited May 2013
Bagneux, Ile-de-France, France
“Too many small bad things”
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I took an hamburger, the 200g steak was really huge, thick and too spicy (with pepper and spice in it), with no vegetables/lettuce in it, just a few oignons..
When we payed they tried to charge us 50ct more than the price on the blackboard, the beer was morebexpensive than the price wrote outside because 'the board was printed 3 years ago', and once we payed they 'forgot' to give 25ct of change, it's nothing but all thise things together spoiled my dinner...
I will never go back there...

Visited June 2013
3 Thank Maria Z
xuan99, Owner at Garage Bar, responded to this review, 24 June 2013
When you take risks and do things differently there will be times when you can't please everybody. We are sorry the reviewer didn't care for the burger. Yes the Garage Burger is not a typical burger, it features carmelized onions, tomato and arugula and is dressed with a Sriracha mayo. While it does have a slight kick, we sell hundreds of burgers every month and can count on one hand the number of complaints we get about the burger, indeed it is the core of our food business. Of course the burger can always be ordered without Sriracha if you prefer. To clarify, the meat patty itself is 100% pure beef, no spices or fillers in the meat at all, and it is seasoned with salt and pepper. It is our policy that if a customer isn't happy with the quality of the food and brings it to our attention it comes off the bill. With the bill apparently things did go a bit haywire, of course it's not supposed to be that way, I am fairly sure it wasn't our full-time manager/cashier on duty, but yes we're sorry staff didn't get it right the first time. Having been in the restaurant business for some time I can assure TA readers that staff wasn't trying to pull a fast one, it was simply a regrettable error, as cheating customers out of $.25 or $.50 in a bar and grill dependent on repeat business (we're not a tourist oriented bar) is about the last way staff would operate if they wanted to line their own pockets.
phnom penh
“Absolutely unique in Phnom Penh”
Reviewed 14 June 2013

In the interest of full disclosure I live in Phnom Penh and have been a regular customer at Garage since the first night I walked in which also happened to be my first night in Phnom Penh three years ago....the reasons people love the Garage are going to be more or less the same: great music, tasty, affordable homemade pub grub, friendly staff, cool ownership, great location blah blah blah...yes, it's all true, but there is something much more to this place that makes it special...

first the food: It's a reasonably sized set menu with an occasional special(s) thrown in per the culinary whim of one of the owners owing to them having made something delicious for themselves that day....I've eaten everything on the menu 100 times and the standouts are as follows:A pizza that in my opinion rivals anything in town and this is a place where you can find a great pizza. Cooked to perfection on the grill and generous portions of toppings should you wish for something more than a margarita....the burgers are undoubtedly top 3 in the city....cooked sous vide so you will always get a perfectly cooked piece of meat 100% of the time, juicy, tasty with siracha/mayo, rocket, and carmalized onions...owner Jeff takes burger making very seriously and would sooner chop off his finger than serve anything anything less than remarkable....The pulled pork sandwich is one of the best values at $4.00 as is a declicous homemade sausage made by sausage auteur, Jonny....Great tacos with homemade corn tortillas served up in healthy sized portions....Definitely get the chicken and cheese enchilada....

At the end of the day, this place is a Music Bar with great food...and yes it can get a little loud but that's because there is an emphasis on music at Garage and there are thousands of songs available, expertly delivered to you by someone who cares.....best t-shirts for sale you'll ever see too...I'm serious

• Visited June 2013
2 Thank james l
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
“It's a MUSIC Bar serving GREAT FOOD”
Reviewed 31 May 2013

Being new to Phnom Penh, I have only been introduced to The Garage bar several times in the past 2 weeks. Both times I was impressed with the general atmosphere of the bar. It definitely has a "manly" vibe going on, which I dig a lot. If you want Apple-tinis with the ladies after work, maybe the FCC bar is more your style.

The first time I went to The Garage, the owner was playing some great music. He is very into all sorts of music, which makes for interesting play lists. I talked with him about Spotify and his collection. He does indeed have 1.5 TB Hard-Drive full of music and the PAID Premium Spotify account (no annoying advertisements interrupting music). I have not been there when a live band has been playing.

The Staff- The girls working at Garage bar have to be some of the most attentive and nicest girls around. The food is cooked right out front of the bar. There are some tables and chairs out there for people to chill outside. The two girls cooking the food are always down to small talk and always have a smile on their face's. The girl working at the bar was friendly, and even though I just drank draft beer, she never messed up my friend's mixed cocktail, and my beer came with the perfect head.

The Food- Holy Mother of God!!! The fish and chips I had the first time were amazing!! One of the best deep fried fish I have had, perfect with their Tartar sauce. The chips were okay, but lets face it, you're in it for the fish!

2nd visit- I had the SmashBurger, which was one of the best hamburgers I have had. The beef quality in SE Asia is lacking, and the owner, Jeff goes out of his way to make his burgers amazing. It had all the things like pickles,tomatoes, lettuce plus Thousand Island Sauce.

For any American's, its basically an In-N-Out Animal style double double ( I was very full)

I think for $3.50, you cannot beat that.

Just writing this has made me hungry, I think I might venture on down there for a Smash Burger tonight!

• Visited May 2013