“Clean, spacious, good location but not quite like photos”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Phnom Penh
Koki Tree - Hotel & Serviced Apartments
Oxford, United Kingdom
“Clean, spacious, good location but not quite like photos”
Reviewed 28 August 2013 via mobile

We were overall impressed with the apartments in terms of cleanliness and perfect location just 1min from riverfront. Other hotels in this area are often 3 times the price so very good value. The only let down really was the bathroom which was concrete and seemed slightly unfinished. It is clean and the shower is hot and powerful so can't complain too much just wasn't what I was expecting. We stayed in room e2 which is towards the back meaning it is quieter as it can be noisy at the front. Bottles of water are supplied in your room everyday. There is a working large size fridge and hob if you want to cook but so many restaurants nearby there is probably no point. Flat screen tv with English channels. Ceiling fan in the living room and aircon in the bedroom. The bedroom also has a wardrobe and laundry service is also available. Staff on reception are friendly but some speak English better than others. They arranged a taxi for us to visit the killing fields which was very useful. We travelled to siem reap with sok sokha buses no 7 st 106 for $8 and hotel pick up. Overall very good value stay but not quite the luxury I was expecting. Some of the more deluxe rooms may have been very different. I have uploaded photos also.

Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jessica M
ChendaNem, Manager at Koki Tree - Hotel & Serviced Apartments, responded to this review, 20 September 2013
Thanks a lot for your reviewing and feedback, it's really help full. Have a nice day.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (8)
Berlin, Germany
Reviewed 17 August 2013

we were just checking it out for fun, cause it looked out of our range in terms of travel budget, but we were lucky to be proofed wrong! my friend and I rented one of the apartments for two nights and looooooooved it!! apart from the great, absolutely efficient and elegant interior design, the super central location and the friendly stuff, we felt like really living in phnom penh for 2 days. in a loft! with excellent spring rolls in the mom's and pop's place right across the street and occasional food stalls rolling by. after a long day walking around and surviving the traffic outside, we walked up to the second floor, set down on the balcony and had a cigarette. just like home :) or better!

Room Tip: go for the apartment up on the second floor!!
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank Kathrin K
Thank you for your reviewing at our Hotel-serviced apartment, see you again soon.
Reviewed 14 August 2013 via mobile

I stay in this hotel due to it location and I always prefer service apartment than hotel.

Pro :
Location, it near to nightlife and alot food available all around.
Morning staff and the owner is friendly

Con :
Room is huge, but very little equipment on the room. Making the room look very empty.
One room with air conditioner, another with just fan. And to make it worse, air conditioner is old and didn't make the room feel cooling.
Room look very weird and could see that the wall and floor are done poorly.
The worst thing happen to me is my friend went back hotel earlier and was asleep, I came back later and to only find that no receptionist, staff can't speak English at all and since the guy station there can't speak English, don't have master key, I am forced to book another room with full rate! It ain't my fault that I can't get back the room, why there isn't a single receptionist available to handle guest at night? You want to operate a hotel yet leave no staff to handle the guest? That ridiculous right?
I came early and there I can't have a early check in, I understand as I do work in hotel line too.. But there room suddenly available at 10am when I offer to pay, so in the end for my entire stay, I pay a extra of 70 USD for something that is not my fault at all(the late time when there no staff to.open room for me) and only a 10 buck discount for me to stay in a room for only 2 hour?

Overall
If you just want a good location, big empty room and do not really care for service, you can consider this.
But I rather choose other hotel that is cheaper and serving me better. 50 USD a night without breakfast and no night staff don't make sense to me.

• Stayed August 2013
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 29 July 2013

This was my first trip to Cambodia and chose Koki due to location and from pics on website.
Booked in for a week then extended another week. The room was amazing. Just as per the advertised pictures and very clean and welcoming. Kitchen facilities I used once but it was there and fully functional. Had a room away from roadside which suited me as I am not fond of noise. Staff spoke very good english and always helful. Chenda was most helpful and giving good tips on stuff to do and look at.
Cleaners were awesome and came only when required. Getting laundry done was a breeze and inclusive in the price which was great!
Location is perfect. One minute walk to the riverside to enjoy food, scenery or just a good walk. Great photo opportunities as well.
Access to apartment really good and with small number of apartments, hassle free!
ATM just around the corner which is very convenient
Convenient store under a minute walk and has everything you need!
The Sorya Markets on the same street so just keep walking in opposite direction to beach and you will hit it! Loads of shopping.............give yourself 4 hours in there cause there is alot!
Planning to come back in October so if you are reading this review, please don't book my room out! Haha!! Carl.

Room Tip: Rooms away from roadside is quiet. If you are tall, check room for low ceiling cause you dont want h...
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank Carl H
Thank you so much for your reviewing, see you back in October.
Reviewed 12 July 2013 via mobile

I stayed in the Studio apartment which was well priced and conveniently located.included laundry and cleaning apartments. Small kitchenette was handy. However, on the downside, there was no table and chairs on which to prepare food or sit and eat it. This was a bit tricky and something that should be rectified. The studio apartment was at the back so didn't get the street noises but did get the alley conversations of families living there. Had to sleep with earplugs. Wi fi was OK but intermittent. The staff were very helpful and polite. There was full time security which was reassuring for a solo traveller. Other than the alley noises and the lack of table space it was pretty good and great value for relatively short stays.

Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Margaret D
Thank you for your attention, we wish to see you again soon.
Reviewed 11 July 2013

Spacious apartment with lots of windows and french doors onto a balcony with a view. Even the kitchen sink has a view! And a coffee maker, gas stove with range hood, rice cooker, good sized fridge and plenty of benches. Big flat screen TV with lots of international channels, air cons in the lounge and bedroom, two comfy couches big enough to stretch out on, a lounge chair and coffee table. Absolute comfort and a welcome change from pokey hotel rooms.

The river is only a block away and there are restaurants in every direction. Great, friendly, helpful staff to look after you and a witty and charming owner. And a good price too. We loved it.

Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Kerry S
Dear Kerry,
Thanks a lot for your reviewing, have a safe trip back home and we will see you again on your next journey.
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 25 June 2013

We thought we'd try something a little different, and instead of staying at a boutique hotel, we'd try a serviced apartment.

A friend put us on to this place, and it's perfect for us. It's close to the action - but not so close that you get surrounded by the beggars, sellers and sex tourists the moment you step out of your hotel.

We stayed in a 2 bedroom apartment - which was huge - with large kitchen, huge living space and balcony (where you can just see the river if you look hard enough :)

Only thing that was missing was a dining table and chairs - as eating food on the couch with a toddler won't end too well :)

Staff were very friendly, and attentive, rooms were spotless (alibet a little bare) - ours had a top notch exercise bike - which we thought was wierd though!

We'll stay here again!

Room Tip: 2 bedroom apartment is perfect for families! Lots of room for the kids to run around - and not too...
  • Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
2 Thank Deejman
Thank you for your kindly reviewing our Hotel-serviced apartment, we hope to see you again soon.